Shaman dots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hogwilld, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Siddar Augur

Cause eventually the nerf bat will come for tanks and shamans healing will be nice to have.
  2. Ninelder Augur

Do you know how many hit points mobs have in current content? Why would you load a spell that does 2k per tyck on mobs with millions of hps
    Azorin likes this.
  3. Ninelder Augur

To be fair HONEST: They nerfed the debuff into uselessness as well. Compare it to the DPS class debuff that does more damage debuffs more and costs 8pct of the mana cost of the druid one.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

cause getting a new disc once every 7 years is not nerf enough right BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
  5. Ninelder Augur

There is a trend here. That being that none of these people defending this rubbish patch actually main a shaman or a druid.
    Azorin likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

And here I have BOTH a druid and a shammy .. BOTH max lvl max AA'ed, max geared ..

go figure .. people who don't main classes .. actually play other classes ?

#mindblown zomg STOP THE PRESSES ! !

But yet .. cause its an alt .. not a main .. those of us who play those classes are still know nothings about the class in every aspect I guess ..

This what you tryna (but failing) imply there guy ?
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Oh, but we know how knowledgeable you are with the 50 percent canni.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Yep I took a stab in the dark with out having the actual toon up, notice I came RIGHT back in an corrected myself bud ?

See the difference between you an me, I can admit when I am wrong publicly .. you cant / wont / disappear from the forums . When you are proven wrong.

I.. wonder.. why ..
  9. Ninelder Augur

Since you use your shambot as a heal and ADPS for your warrior main, yes. This is probably news to you, but there is no shaman main playing that wants to play like you play your shambot.
    Mordeen likes this.
  10. menown Augur

Since you so delightfully linked the 2k dot that both druids and Necros get, I'll tell you that I never use my 2K disease DoT in group content either. But those lines are meant more for their debuffs I suppose.

In group content, I do currently use a DoT as low as 3.6k base per tick. In raid content, I use a DoT that is 1.9K base per tick.

So you still going to complain? I guess the real victims here are necros according to your analogy.
    Azorin likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Why do you think I hate the dot nerf ?

I lost my TWO BEST DPS'S ! ! !

/cry ..

/moan..

/cry moar ! ! !
  12. Ninelder Augur

I wouldn't pretend to know how to play a necro i suppose it would require me to have Munchausen Syndrome first. You have dots that you are still useful, druids and shaman do not. The end.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uhh, where exactly was I defending the patch?

The only comment I made was that a specific troll has a (well established) pattern for complaining about literally every game change that ever happens, which included a gem of a “well guy’s time to reroll” thread during the sk leech nerfs awhile back, and that it was funny.
    Belexes likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Heh. As a magician I do a high amount of DPS, and I bet your bottom dollar that if I have 5 Sathir Tomb mobs I just pulled to my pet that no amount of DPS is going to save me...
    Belexes likes this.
  15. menown Augur

I am on the side that believes the mana costs will be adjusted to better match the damage values in a future patch. But you seem to keep saying that the damage values are now too low to be useful. The highest base damage pyre that I have currently is 4900 per tick. Just look over your DoT's damage values again. They are not so low that you cannot DPS with them.
  16. S33k3r Augur

Moonbeam & Sunray may be in a bad state atm but NBW, Sunflame, Horde & Chill are still very useable even after the damage reduction.

My druid is my main and I thought that our DoTs were overpowered. The only thing that surprised me about the DoT changes is that it did not come earlier.
    Rolaque likes this.
  17. Taldiwen New Member

and I acknowledged that here:

However, there has been a lot of talk (not from you specifically) on how now even raid-geared druids can't even solo and might as well not mem anything but heals now because all of their dots are broken etc etc. And I just wanted to point out that it's not quite that bad.

Don't get me wrong..my main has been a druid since 1999, though I haven't raided since the PoP days. Nerfs suck. Being a second-class, erm, class for a decade plus or minus has not been awesome. Getting a glimpse of sunlight and then having much of it taken away is painful I would imagine. But there are a lot of people blowing this waaaaay out of proportion when you actually look at the numbers and the historical precedence for the purposes of each of the spell lines. Those druids who are complaining that they are going OOM dotting things now are probably still trying to use the (now admittedly broken) debuff lines as part of their rotation. If that's the case...I'm not sure what to tell them beside the obvious fact that they need to change their rotation. If I can figure this stuff out as being a semi-retired super-casual player, why can't the "top druids of a server" do the same? Again, not pointed at you..just pontificating here.
  18. Ninelder Augur

I tested them all today, Sunflame and horde are bad enough not to bother with, unless you are kiting, but then those are your best two dots now, and you probably don't have enough mana to kill a current mob with dots. Which I guess is okay since there is nowhere to kite in RoS anyway. NBW and Chill are now also on the useless pile as well you are better off nuking.
  19. Ninelder Augur

That's not me in the second half of your quote
  20. Taldiwen New Member

I know..it's me. That's why I said "and I acknowledged that here:" That was the piece that I think you missed from the post you quoted from me before.

If you mean the rest of the block after the quote-blocks..then yes..that is also me. Because not in quote blocks.