Shaman dots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hogwilld, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Natal Augur

People have been saying nonsense like that for 20 years, but all classes are still here.

People who like playing shaman are still going to be playing shaman.

Cut out the melodrama.
    eepok likes this.
  2. Natal Augur

Other classes cant recover mana like shaman can, that is why mana costs are higher.
  3. Natal Augur

Maybe it is the player behind the shaman? My shaman still does plenty of damage.
  4. Natal Augur

Only those who can't play their class ;)
  5. Ninelder Augur

You might have some point there, but they did this to druids too. And for either class, there is no point in even loading a spell that has no noticeable effect.
  6. menown Augur

Necro DoTs are still lower by quite a bit. How do you think that makes them feel. I see 2 scenarios. Either you are exaggerating on the spells effect not being noticeable or Necros are entirely insignificant in the game.

Stick to the mana issues please. You have valid points here.
  7. Ninelder Augur

You apparently have a reading difficulty:
    [IMG] Grip of Kraz Rk. III NEC/106 1: Increase Disease Counter by 20
    2: Decrease STR by 132 (L106) to 318 (L110)
    3: Decrease AC by 78 (L106) to 188 (L110)
    4: Decrease Hitpoints by 2298 per tick 1415 Alteration Single

Overwhelming Sunray Rk. III DRU/106 1: Empathy
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 1992 per tick
    3: Decrease Fire Resist by 89
    10: Decrease AC by 39 16980 Evocation Single
  8. menown Augur

Yes, I saw that. But your statement was "
    And for either class, there is no point in even loading a spell that has no noticeable effect."

So you are telling me that all DoTs from druids and shamans are no longer noticeable?
  9. Millianna Augur

Do you play eq? Most my time is spent 2 boxing (most my friends as well). Why would you continue to roll a shaman, we you can re roll dps and kill things significantly faster?
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

The same reason that you don't save your discs etc. for namers only.
    Do you really think shamans only add value as dps?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong about everything?

So...before Shamans and Druids got huge boosts to dots, they were useless? No one played them?

Maybe the flavor of the month crowd didn't play them, I'll grant you that. They probably won't play them now. They will move to another class.

It is like when Rangers got the Headshot nerf, all the headshot rangers likely quit playing them, but the real ranger players stayed the course.
    Rolaque and Act of Valor like this.
  11. Horyuken Augur

Millianna, are you 100% efficient in everything you do in life? Wait don't answer because I know the answer is NO. You and your friends should stop 2 boxing and play together, you will be amazed how significantly faster things will die.
  12. Taldiwen New Member

To be fair, if you look at the Flame Lick line (of which Overwhelming Sunray is a member) through its history all the way back to Classic EQ, you'll see that it is primarily a debuff. The DoT was just a "bonus"..and, really, kind of a pain because it made the debuff strategic in that you couldn't load up a mezzed mob with every potential debuff you had in prep for attack. It wasn't until the revamp that this line (and the corresponding cold line that was introduced in later expansions) had its damage erroneously consolidated and bumped to the point where folks used it as a "real" DoT. Because the debuff was not stackable, this line was not meant to be consolidated to begin with. The fact that the mana cost was left the same for what is just a debuff with a small DoT thrown in is what is aggravating. I'm pretty sure at least *this* one (well, *these* ones counting the cold line) will be fixed as these should have never been revamped to begin with. If they are not fixed then the outrage is certainly justified for seriously breaking these lines of spells from an efficiency point of view and making them EXTREMELY situational due to their mana cost.

The "real" DoTs were not nerfed to oblivion to the point that they are unusable. You can see the changes directly here: http://www.raidloot.com/SpellChanges.aspx?file=Druid.htm A quick back-of-the-envelope romp through the numbers shows an average decrease in base damage of about 35% for the RoS era spells with NFW taking a slightly bigger hit at around 41% I guess to account for the extra bump it received at RoS launch. The fact that the mana cost was left intact means the efficiency was *also* reduced by 35%/41% which may or may not be intentional long-term. Sucks...sure...but not "nerfed into uselessness" by any means.
    Rolaque likes this.
  13. Venedar Lorekeeper

It feels like a totally rip off. First they gave us the DoT revamp because it was needed (majority of us didnt use the DoT at all before that). After two months they analyze, adjust and nerf(it was needed). Everything is fine we play with our DoTs we can burn in grp game and contribute to the guild dps when needed. Then Beta for RoS is launched and our DoTs is further increased! Yey fun we can do even more dmg!

After 2 months they decide out of NOWHERE to massively nerf us, to what I consider is back to the state of DoTs not beeing used anymore. That's not playing nice, thats like liyng.

Why did they increase our DoTs in RoS expansion?

This could been handled in many diffrent ways. Here is a few examples what could have been done.
    1. Not increase dots in RoS expansion
    2. Give some sort raid limits on our pre-nerfed DoTs
    3. Raise dmg on our fast DoTs while cut down on other pre-nerfed DoTs (make us help in fast killing grps)
    4. Cut down 20-40% of dmg of our pre-nerfed DoTs
    5. Make our disease dots no stackable on our pre-nerfed DoTs

14. Pani Augur

Then you obviously don't play a shaman!
  15. Whulfgar Augur

This 1'000× over an over !!
  16. Millianna Augur

The group game is all about the DPS. Not interested is extending my play time any longer than what it is. Log shaman on and buff, log off and log in more DPS.
    Azorin likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Nailed it.. could not have said it better and can not agree any harder then I do !!
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

As usual, you are wrong again. The group game is about survival. If you are dying and buffing all the time, you are not being efficient. Actually, being efficient and surviving is the group game.

Having a shaman in your group means you don't need a healer merc and a Shaman is much more useful than a healer merc in many thing other than just healing. Your group or duo is more efficient.

If you don't like extending your playtime, then start using the discs and abilities your character has on something other than namers. It does go much faster...really. Push some buttons. Learn to maximize your class abilities. We know you didn't do this as a SK in the past.

Don't think for a second I have forgotten all the nonsense you have spewed on this forum over the last year or so.
    Talonthalis and Act of Valor like this.
  19. segap Augur

Someone else speculated that they had an errant spreadsheet formula resulting in damage percentages compounding for combined dots vs. direct damage spells. DoTs went from overpowered in EoK to vastly overpowered in RoS. People brought it up in beta, and as usual, feedback was ignored, problem went live, and the expected nerf came and looks to be reactionary rather than tuned.

The yearly cycle of beta feedback being ignored followed by over the top nerfs continues. They did improve somewhat this year. They did it in February rather than September.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The “time to reroll” thread was a gem. Forum-Quest at its best.
    Act of Valor, Belexes and Sancus like this.