Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brumans Augur

I've never experienced GoD or OoW. I'd like to think that with some tweaking like they do with MotM / PotM they could skip over releasing both at once, and if need be, have a MotM that nerfs the bosses in GoD to be easier so that it's not as tough as it was in release.

I'd really like to progress through each on their own.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. sihpa Augur

Please dont release GoD/OoW together. GoD/PoP maybe but not the other two.
  3. yerm Augur

I've basically lost all respect and hope for the devs to do right. Longer unlocks, GoD bundling, etc. No thanks. I'm out.
    Machen likes this.
  4. Adonhiram Augur

Wait, wait, the decision has not yet been taken :) And sometimes there is light at the end of the tunnel, some devs liks Prathun have been very reactive and listening to the community. Not everything is dark and hopeless !
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

They have had plenty of time to change their minds on it. 27 pages of very consistent feedback on this issue and not a peep in two and a half months that would give any indication the devs are even considering a change. They are going to lose more and more players as time goes on with this not addressed.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

Maybe. Let's wait and see till the decision is announced. And don't forget there is the temporary Quarm server which, somehow, could be considered as an experiment regarding this issue (sure, it's not the same, it's temporary, it's all in once and not specifically GoD + OoW, etc.).
  7. Brumans Augur

Also remember that on the current schedule, GoD / OoW isn't going to hit for over a year (PoP in February, 3 months later LDoN, 3 months later GoD - so August or so). That's a lot of time for them to rethink the decision.
  8. taliefer Augur

true, but i also dont think its unreasonable for players to want to know the direction the server is going to head, and not just right before GoD is scheduled to launch.

i honestly dont even understand their thinking on this, their logic on bundling god and oow is extremely flawed as has been pointed out by several in this thread.
  9. yerm Augur

So I shouldn't quit because there's a lot of time left for them reconsider a change that would make me quit anyway if they go through with? There's so much of this time because they arbitrarily decided to extended the very firm timetable that was promised for the server, a decision I abhor. They extended it because they need time to implement changes to encounter difficulty I never wanted in the first place that cause guilds to need 30+ for any current raid content, with many guilds routinely fielding over 54 (the usual cap).

Terrible logic. No thanks.
  10. Machen New Member

You can wait and see if you want, I'd rather not.
  11. Fyerie New Member

Please stop loving up the game we've all been playing for so long. That would be loving great. So tired of every damned decision making this less and less fun.
  12. Adonhiram Augur

Well, guys, yelling at them, calling them names and threatening them with account cancellations won't help either to obtain the decision we would like to obtain. But you are free pixels in a free pixel word, go ahead if you want :rolleyes:
  13. Machen New Member

Who's been yelling at them or calling them names in this thread? You have 27 pages of for the most part very respectful disagreement with the decision. As for "threatening" account cancellations, if decisions DBG makes about the future of the server make it so that it is no longer something players are willing to pay for, what's wrong with players letting DBG know this? "This is not a product I am willing to spend money on, and here's why..." seems like valuable feedback a company would want to receive.
  14. yerm Augur

I didn't threaten anyone. My account will expire in August and you will be free of my posts here, maybe sooner ban depending. I'll consider coming back if the decision changes and the timeline gets set in stone again. I didn't post that I'm done until after I'd cancelled and ranted in the little non-mobile-friendly boxes on the exit survey.

Enjoy your game.
  15. Tudadar Augur

I think in the end people will learn that they bunched the 2 expansions because of a planned new progression server and wanting to either get people to experience OOW or make it easier for the guilds on the server to progress and keep subs. If that is true and the timing adds up it could be in their best interest to make some changes (along with lj/rf merge). If not and no real new progression its probably a mistake. Bunching expansions is kinda taking the lazy easy way out though. A one month GoD wont kill anyone. It gives players some extra AA's to help them beat PoP in era.

I really dont think people can consider a certain expansion challenging anymore with the insane melee passive dps upgrade. The only way it would be challenging is if the mobs were artificially stronger w/ MOTM / mark / precsense.
  16. Machen New Member

PoP isn't in era once GoD releases.
  17. Tudadar Augur

Pretty much is. No one cares about LDON / LOY

Or are you guys going to mass split ldon / loy raids to gear yourselves along with ten other guilds? Im not sure if youve done them before but they really arent that good

. . .
  18. Machen New Member

Did them extensively on Fippy (and won't be doing them on Phinny since I'm no longer playing on Phinny.) And you'd have to be nuts not to care about LDoN raids as a raider -- some of the augs from the LDoN raids will be used for the next 15 expansions. +15% specialization to alteration or evocation will make a big difference to your nukers and healers for a long time to come.

But that's not relevant at all to what I was discussing. I said once GoD releases, PoP is no longer in era--nothing about LDoN or LoY although I guess technically that would be true too.
  19. EQcleric Elder

Yea.... there are times when some one posts and you actually find out how much they actually know... this is one of those.

LDON raids are ABSOLUTELY important. As Machen said, there are augs thhat most players on this server will NEVER replace. I would say that's worth killing for...and even splitting, if we decide to.
  20. Tudadar Augur

Damn, an aug most players will never replace. Will really improve your guild and help you kill those challenging unbeatable raids in the future. Im not sure what you would do without them. You guys must be thrilled LDON gets its own 12 weeks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.