Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EQcleric Elder

You clearly understand this game.
  2. Tudadar Augur

You guys clearly understood it on LJ too. Awesome job.
  3. EQcleric Elder

Yes, we understood that classic and kunark gear is almost useless once velious releases. And there's no point contesting a guild with twice as many people.

But this all doesn't matter. And is off topic. You won that server. Enjoy it. We're currently enjoying ours.
  4. Sephyroth New Member

This is a terrible idea, we just saw on quarm what will happens. People will completly skip GOD except a few group with charmed pet. Releasing GoD and OOW together is dumb, remove GoD completly and it wont affect many people.
  5. Polekn Augur

It is probably their intent. They do not have time to instance it and if nobody plays in GoD then there is no drama over non-instanced content.
  6. Gremin Augur

Almost all of GoD is already instanced with exception of a few raids.
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

So are they still planning to release GoD+OoW? I have not kept up with this thread and don't feel like wading through 25 pages of no news.
  8. Sephyroth New Member

Yeah, Sadly Path
  9. Brumans Augur

They have not commented on it, so we would assume so. However, it's still like 10 months or something away, so we just need to make sure we keep bringing it up, especially once we get closer and they get done with the expac that they're mostly focusing on right now.
  10. Vonsid Journeyman

Add me to the no list for bundled release of OOW and GOD...
  11. taliefer Augur

they really need to address this issue sooner rather than later. DBG are the ones who decided to announce this misguided decision of bundling god and oow together this far out. its not unreasonable to expect some dialogue with them on this issue in a timely manner, rather than waiting until right before GoD is scheduled to be released.

i still cant even comprehend their reasoning, as their initial justification of "GoD is too hard without OoW" is, quite frankly, laughable as many people who played on fippy have pointed out in this very thread.
  12. Ethereal Augur

Yeah, I'd like an answer so I can quit now if they ruin the one expansion I was looking forward to. (not suggesting they should please everyone, just would like an answer regarding this topic for my own reasons)
  13. Behee Augur

I just don't see the point in skipping GoD, it was an expansion that was retuned to be a fine expansion.

And I also agree that they should post their decision now rather than later so people can decide if the server is right for them. Leaving people hanging about skipping an entire expansion is irritating.
  14. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Who cares? You do realize you people are thinking close to a year into the future. About a video game. And not even because it's a class nerf or a mechanic change. Just because, out of that year, three months of it will be experienced in different zones than you anticipated.

GoD won't be 100 percent trivialized. Bards will still need their sabers, etc. etc. Some of the raids will still be tough.

+1 on LDoN being better and more critical than people give it credit for. WTB LDoN love.
  15. bodes Augur

They're going to wait until quarm is done and go back and look at how many GOD raid instances were created vs OOW instances. When they see how lopsided that ratio I assume they will announce a new timeline with different unlock dates.
  16. Skay New Member

GoD is nearly impossible without farming PoTime/Elementals and Omens is certainly much tougher without GoD armor and weapons. The big gaps in raid raid progression came about by guilds with nearly NO availability to raid mobs in era in Luclin / PoP.

GoD getting the bad press was just a result of a mostly poorly geared population trying to go after an overly tuned expac. The tuning was fixed but half the problem remains.

The power increase of guilds is tremendous as you break through certain mobs along the way in Luclin and PoP which are easily held down by a small percentage of the population. When those mobs are held by a few, the overall suffers and the slower guilds die off, the top guilds start to die off because they lose feeder guilds, and the server starts to consolidate itself.

Lack of instancing is the problem starting at Luclin.

+1 for Combining GoD / Omens is a terrible idea.
  17. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

More the tuning than the gear, IMHO. You have to remember what it was like to GoD back in the day. It wasn't just about the final encounters being tough, complicated, requiring attention and no screw-ups, etc. It was also about the fact that the yard trash you had to deal with to get there (let alone the intermediate encounters) hit like a truck. You could very easily wipe just clearing in. And that's what made it--at least in the guild I knew--an awful, no-fun slog.
  18. taliefer Augur

thats kind of what im afraid of, because that can easily be skewed to fit whatever narrative they want, with whatever the playerbase on quarm does.

"see, noone bothered with GoD, its obviously a bad expansion so we can combine it!"

"see, people still did GoD, combining them isnt an issue, lets combine it!"

its just such a bad idea. id still like to hear more of their reasoning, because the reasons stated in the first post just simply arent true anymore. id hate to think they are that out of touch with their own game, even if this content is years and years old.
  19. EQcleric Elder

Yes, it's a year away. But this is a serious change to the expectations most people have.

Most people would be up in arms the same way if they combined classic and kunark. [Yes I understand some people want this, but alot do not, same situation here].

Alot of people play on progression servers for different reasons. This impacts that, and people want to know ahead of time whether they can quit now and save 12 months of subs.
  20. nightork New Member

Is it possible to get a more rational idea of exactly why GoD is proposed to open with Omens?

I don't think based on the vast majority of posts here that anyone accepts the logic of 'it is a difficult expansion'

I implore you to listen to your player base here with the many good points they have made as to why this should not happen.

Or at least provide a genuine cast iron reason as to why you HAVE to do this dual release, because right now it makes no sense at all unless I put on a tin foil hat ><
    Lithien and Behee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.