Ragefire Server - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 11, 2015.

1. Leifer Augur

I'd like to see newbie armor quests back in as well - but only for Tanks and Melee.
    sihpa likes this.
  2. Behee Augur

Things have been working just fine.

Aristo mentioned that the server crashes are due to the /betabuffed characters who had AA's on and then got experience, sending the server into a massive loop. In base EQ, there can be no AA experience since everyone is level 50. When Kunark opened but Luclin didn't (where AA's activate)the issue came up. On most beta tests, this is also not caught since Kunark isn't the only expansion being tested.

These are test server specific issues, not ones in live since you obviously can't beta-buff once Ragefire goes live.
  3. Lekkric18 Elder

I actually didn't know about the beta server crashes, I'm just massively cynical about any software release. :p
  4. Bramwell New Member

Man, it's been so many years. I can't wait...
  5. Szeria Elder

News flash to everyone complaining about a Wednesday opening... new releases for video games and movies have always come out on a Tuesday. Occasionally Wednesday, and rarely if ever on a Friday. This is not a new thing that DBG has just decided to throw out there. Just because it is more convenient for some of you to have it on a Friday doesn't mean it's more convenient for it to be on a Friday for everyone. The typical "9-5 Monday-Friday" job is becoming less and less "typical" anyways. People work all different times, and anyone in retail will work on weekends and have weekdays off. Get over yourselves, and be thankful it's being released. Further, I don't see how a day or two will make that big of a difference on a server that is going to be locked on classic for 6 months.

Games have never released on a Friday... We have NEVER had an expansion release on a Friday... WoW expansions don't release on a Friday... The only thing that really releases on a Friday are movies released to the theater, and guess what, all the big hitters have opening day on a Wednesday so they can spike "opening weekend" results.
  6. Jadefox Augur

This also applies to physical book and music releases as well.

I'll be there on Wednesday waiting for the launch -- even if my entire play session is just to grab a couple of names I like before they're taken.

--Jade
  7. Dragonslayer Journeyman

6 days 1 hour and 45 mins tick tock tick tock
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. MBear Augur

Friday releases is when poor earnings reports and email scandals get released.
  9. count_zero99uk New Member

Ive been waiting for this since my 56K modem blew up. I do hope to get involved :) anyone can get on the server cant they? Im UK based, just hoping is all.
  10. Kahna Augur

Don't know why anyone would want it released on a Friday. I want it released during the week so Devs can spot patch any craziness that pops up before they go home for the weekend.
    Zujilli likes this.
  11. Behee Augur

Anyone who is all-access. I haven't heard of any other restrictions such as physical location.
  12. lostinmind Journeyman

Any information of Time the server will go active yet?
  13. Behee Augur

Sometime in the afternoon pacific time. They have the live server patches to do, then bring up Ragefire. I doubt they will give anything more specific than that, since it all depends on how things go with the patching.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Chou New Member

Crap, I didn't realize we would have to pay $15 a month to play an old game for nostalgia. That seems a little over priced.
  15. MBear Augur

It is only $10 per month to play it. You can pay more if you want a shorter payment option. You can pay less if you want to go RMT some Kronos. $15 won't even buy your date a nice dinner most places.
  16. Weverley Augur

I wonder how those people who complain about all-access only are managing to pay for their internet access.In my case it's $80/month luckily i have a network and we are sharing the fee .
  17. Chou New Member

Sounds like you guys are assuming that anyone that wants to play, wants to play all the time.

I just want to be able to play one or two hours a week, and paying $10-$15 a month just for that is ridiculous.

On the other hand, if I want to pick up an old game for nostalgia on a console, I can pay $10-$15 to buy the game and then play it as long as I own it, whenever I want, however much I want.

Seems like there would be better ways to price this than just one single option that isn't comparable to any other game prices.
  18. MBear Augur

Well, you have to value things for yourself, but most of us wouldn't consider it ridiculous. You can go to a movie a month and get a popcorn for $15 or you can buy one pizza per month or you can play EQ for a couple hours a week for a month.
    Honestly, you probably aren't going to accomplish much in 4 hours per month on EQ anyway, but that also depends on your goals.
    If you want nostalgia, you can play P99 for free after you get set up.
    If you want real deal EQ, you can probably have more fun on a live server for free on your limited time than you can on a TLP with much slower XP and much more contested content.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Hotix Lorekeeper

Lemme get that offical time @roshen. Need to plan my gym time and eating habits around my eq time on weds!!!!
    Deadlyne likes this.
  20. Hotix Lorekeeper

Big muscles get you big loots in Eq