Ragefire Server - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 11, 2015.

1. Heilena Augur

No offense buy a clue. If they open it on the weekend, and it has an issue. They will get tar and feathered. If you open it up wed, work out the crap and have it stableish by Friday. More people get to enjoy it.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  2. gluteous Elder

I wish the naming filter actually worked really sucks to see names that use to be against naming policy ie ibbad, Bigdood etc. should be normal names
  3. D`General New Member

[IMG]

I LOVE EVERQRRRRST

Thank you for this new server. Sent the "oh BTW boss, i need 2 days off next week" this AM
    Aeth, Dandy, Indrigoth and 1 other person like this.
  4. Batbener Augur

The thing I won't be doing is pressing that random name generator or naming my character something not a name like Shammyfive or Buffyouup or something.

I got my name Batben off the random name generator, and I like it!
  5. Oberon Augur

So has it been confirmed whether we'll have a GM or not?
  6. MBear Augur

They said support will be same as other servers.
  7. Oberon Augur

That's kind of scary wording :p
  8. Numiko Augur

I remember a paladin who had the name Bater .. which was fine until they introduced titles and you could get "Master" as one of them... :eek:
  9. Jamz Augur

I don't get it.
  10. vardune Augur

I agree, logon and make a dude. Its an afternoon launch.
  11. Numiko Augur

you don't see a problem with someone named "Master Bater"?

(he was asked to change his name)
  12. sihpa Augur

o_O LOL
  13. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

I thought so too, this is fairly bad news actually.

A few questions, we'll see if we can actually get a response from Roshen this time since he likes to ignore things he doesn't have an answer to instead of saying something like "hey let me look into that and get back to you"....

@Roshen - Fippy was open to f2p and silver accounts for 2 weeks(maybe it was a month?) at launch, before going to sub-only. Will that be the case with Ragefire as well?

@Roshen - Last time you launched a TLP there was this moment of horrible failure as the server crashed, and the response was to open up Vulak 3 days later. The late start alleviated some of the problems on Fippy, but gimped the second server. Will there be two "Ragefires" launched simultaneously this time?
  14. Behee Augur

If they have a promotion, they would announce it on their own time and when they are ready. Marketing people tend to be totally humorless about dev's who spill the beans early on the 73rd (or later) post of an old thread. :D

They instanced the newbie zones to let the server handle more people at startup. I would assume they would wait to see how that works out before they come up with another server. Maybe they end up instancing more zones, or increasing the number of newbie instances, or tweaking the player count before the next instance. The odds of a fixed dev response is unlikely since they have multiple options, and there is no need to formally commit to one.
  15. Nakander Journeyman

They should launch it at 1 AM PST to make it a total insult. At least then it looks deliberate instead of just stupid.

In any case, we'll see you all on Friday. Thanks
  16. Vasil Journeyman

17. Lekkric18 Elder

Everyone about a Wednesday launch, calm down. This means that on Friday, when most of us are ready to dig in for some serious playtime, the inevitable day 1 and 2 emergency patches will already be out and we can play a relatively stable game without unscheduled downtime. :)
  18. Goobles Elder

Beta not long enough if emergency patches are needed. Game is 16 years old
  19. Runningbear New Member

I would like to say the following I think the newbie armor quest should be in game for the following reasons.
    By the time you add them in almost no one will use them.
    The classes in classic and kunark that need help to balance out get the most benefit from those quests.
    Also they are one of the better low end quest that get peps into doing more than just kill mob get xp.

I hope you will add them back in thanks for taking the time to read this.
  20. Lekkric18 Elder

Agreed, Beta should be a little longer, but it is what it is. Something will almost certainly go wrong on day 1 that they will have to bring the servers down to fix.