Ragefire Server - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 11, 2015.

1. Slasher Augur

Its classic EQ if you played EQ in 99 you probably did not have a job lol.
    Darkening likes this.
  2. vardune Augur

lol. holy crap thats funny. "Hardcore adults still doing chorea in their parents houses."
  3. MMOer Augur

So for us non subscribers. Where do we how do we sign up ahead of time so we dont have to be blocked out by network bottle necks and other nerd stuff during opening day?
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

While I don't anticipate you'll have any problems signing up on May 20th, you can get information about All Access Membership here: www.everquest.com/membership
    Akimo likes this.
  5. The Badger Lord Augur

Dear Roshen:

Spells like Breeze should be left in the game. They were added in Kunark, but were done so for a reason. Because they helped balance things out. Low level enchanters were a nightmare to level in classic until they did get clarity. What harm does leaving breeze in the game do? Maybe you don't have to leave all out of era spells in, but some, especially for certain classes at certain levels are actually a balance issue (wizard rain, ench breeze, etc). it was done on Fippy, etc, and you guys are leaving huge features such as Adv Looting up, which takes away from classic way more than a few quality of life spells do.

Looting corpses was a pretty big part of the game, the feel that clang sound of plat, having to be in range to loot the corpse, etc. I could go on and on with points, comparisons, and examples, but I'm not going to. There are many f other major features that are much more "non-classic" being left on this server than breeze. This truly baffles me. Not to sound rude, but it seems like sheer laziness or conveinance to leave adv loot and other features, but things that should be left in or changed that severely impact the game are not (I wrote about some of them in my class balance forum). How about adding (or leaving) in some important features like shissar poisons for rogues that will a ddress some issues?

Will there be any solutions to uber weak classes like rogues or warrior agro? Shissar potions, augs, etc.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ns-class-balance-doable-and-essential.219692/

Can you guys promise a vote 2 months in? It does no harm to hold a vote amongst actual Ragefire players to see if their minds change. If the will of the majority is truly 6mos of classic, nothing changes, no harm done, but if it's not, then you address a huge problem that will undoubtedly damage this server after a few months.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/classic-server-ragefire-boon-or-doom.220132/

Also, from feedback, it seems exp rates are still too high. This is for a number of reasons (stronger dps from groups vs original, no hell levels, no corpse runs which take your time, etc). If you guys wanted to make money on exp potions and stuff you should be lowering the exp rates. Many people are claiming you can hit 50 within a few days playing hardcore, and easily a few weeks playing more casually. With 6 months of classic Roshen, this is not good. Not good for your marketplace, and not good for the server overall. What are people going to do in Classic for 6months if they level cap within weeks.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. MMOer Augur

^
    I agree with leaving breeze in. It was a gap filler spell. I mean they now have one spell per level now right instead of every 4 or 5 levels?

This isnt a classic server, its a progression server. Trying to come close is nice but dont need to go too far with it. Thats what P1999 is for.
  7. MMOer Augur

Thank you. I will sign up the day before, just in case.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Oberon Augur

I remember fippy coming out and I remember getting breeze in the tunnel, before kunark

same with the low level bard charm
  9. Philphans Lorekeeper

I think capacity will be an issue. It happened for combine.. it happened for fippy as they scrambled to get a second server up. it will happen for ragefire.
  10. MBear Augur

While I appreciate your opinion, it is bad form to go onto the forum of a business and suggest that players should instead go play a game from another vendor.
    Some of us will happily continue to advocate for the most classic "classic" possible and remain true to the eras in which we will be playing during the progression of this server. It is quite possible to have a classic server that offers progression and enables features as we progress. Some of the population does not want that experience and some does. This is fine and this forum is the place to discuss these things. (Probably not this sticky thread, I suppose)
    Thanks!
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

the vast majority of low level spells were added at that level for a reason. to help game balance. its sillly to leave most of them out. puma being really the only obscenely overpowered spell, even compared to upgraded spells everyone has now.

breeze, bard mana, paladin cease, sk terrors, warriors provoke. things like this were added to the low levels to address balance and should be left in imo.
  12. Numiko Augur

Breeze was for sale again today in the EC tunnel so maybe they have added it back in.
  13. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

If you need your name reserved, you probably should just think of something more original. If you cant login just to create a level one when the server launches thats your own issue and shouldnt expect the staff to cater to your needs and if your name isnt there too bad. Participation Trophy Generation Reject
  14. Diemond Augur

Hey, anyone know when the live server will be up and running? /ducks.
  15. Jadefox Augur

Dearest Vulaaslkjdtghvdfbojkzgserhu or whatever,

Thank you for the misplaced personal attack. I was having such a nice day that I needed something to balance it out. I'll just assume that you're suffering pain from the gout or something.

As I stated before, earlier TLP servers did have a period where a name could be reserved. A player was allowed to create a single character before the server was opened officially. Therefore, the precedent is there already. There are those of us that would like a certain name if possible. Many gamers have a small stable of names that they like to use, mostly out of a sense of connection and sometimes for nostalgia. I do, however, have friends that regularly use the random name function on all their toons, because y'know, they're oh-so-original. They see a toon, not a character. That's their playstyle. Good for them.

Personally, I take almost as much time customizing my character's appearance that some spend on deciding on what weapon to use. I still play the RPG part of MMORPG. If I'm going to devote years to a character, I want my stamp on it, and that includes a name that fits. If I can reserve a name that I like for my main, then I'll be happy as a duck in water. If I can't, then I'll come up with something else -- I'm flexible that way. The thing I won't be doing is pressing that random name generator or naming my character something not a name like Shammyfive or Buffyouup or something. That's fine for my friends, but I'd rather have something meaningful to me.

Hope to see you in game, and get well soon.
    --Jade
  16. hkbills New Member

I want to get the classic server, no advanced looting, when the character is killed equipment and cash to stay in the corpse,waiting for resurrection.:)
    MBear likes this.
  17. Hell Mel New Member

So I haven't played EQ since POP. What features will be in at server launch that I should know about? I've tried looking up Advanced Looting, etc. But Haven't really found much information on what that entails.
  18. Tudadar Augur

Seems rushed to me. Not sure what the hurry is to get it out so fast before June even starts.
  19. Weverley Augur

I find your name beautiful Jadefox and i hope you can keep it for your first character if nobody cant have a name reserved. good luck.
    Jadefox likes this.
  20. Dragonslayer Journeyman

Yea I always liked meaningful names or something different the worst name ive ever came across over the years has to be a gnome in gfay named phonebook probably in about 2006 lol I just shook my head and sent my alt into Crushbone...