Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Tarrin Augur

I just don't see how its a better idea unless you are part of the 6 month crowd moving to Lock or 3 month crowd moving to Rage and worried about your name. (ie..its a good idea because it effects people other than me)
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Had my name reserved on both, even after every rf wipe.
  3. UrsusObesus Apprentice

I tried to get my names on Lockjaw but they were already taken sadly
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Sorry wasn't trying to shove it in your face just disproving the faulty motivation attributed to me by Tarrin.
  5. Katmandu26 Augur

Not really, if the current population of LJ is any indication of what we could expect from a third server. If a quarter of Ragefire decided to start over - again - or half of LJ - it would still have an unhealthy population and would be a waste of time, effort and money for the development team.

It would be a waste and a ghost town.

The current solution of splitting the servers is the best one, and was recommended by many.
  6. Katmandu26 Augur

I don't see that transfers are going to "ruin" anything. If the LJ population stays as it is, it won't have a good, healthy server scene for long. A year or two, maybe, but it needs more players. This helps the server.

As far as "I told you so!" and "you should have done x and everybody is mad and told you so!" it serves no purpose. It's not as if DB or anyone on the dev team has a time machine that will allow them to rewind a month or two and do things differently.

What they can do is make the move to separate the servers and their progression lines, which is exactly what people wanted and got but are still complaining about. They're being accused of not caring, of doing what they want, and so many other eye-rolling things. If they didn't care, the servers would have just been stuck where they were, overloaded, with a queue time you couldn't see, and people fighting over non-instanced content.

Players wanted the servers to progress differently. They got it.
    Players wanted instanced zones because of overcrowding and camping. They got it.
    Players wanted an early vote. They got it.
    Players wanted Kunark sooner. They got it.
    Players wanted to keep the original 6 month time frame. They got it.

I really do not see a problem here. If you don't like sooner Kunark, go reroll or wait for the transfer. If you want to get to Kunark sooner, play on Ragefire.

If your name is taken - choose another one! Isn't that what you'd do in any other game anyway?
    Deavirtus, Gregolo and Velnarin like this.
  7. Hurbicide Journeyman

My fault. I was misinformed how this went. I apologize for that part of my argument.
  8. Hurbicide Journeyman

9. Kahna Augur

No. Not how it works. The last vote submitted on any account is the only one that is tallied. Sure you could log on all your toons and vote, but it only got tallied once.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Hurbicide Journeyman

Then I was misinformed, and I apologize for my comments to those that I made them to. Thanks for setting me straight.
  11. Friday Augur

Katmandu, you said:
    "Players wanted the servers to progress differently. They got it.
    Players wanted instanced zones because of overcrowding and camping. They got it.
    Players wanted an early vote. They got it.
    Players wanted Kunark sooner. They got it.
    Players wanted to keep the original 6 month time frame. They got it."

Just to help you out, try "some players wanted X..... some players got it."

Everyone on RF who subbed after reading the posted "rules set" out front...did not get that.
    Everyone on LJ who rolled there to get away from overpopulation and toxicity on RF...is not going to get that... Look, I could go on, but I dont want to get into rehashing what has been gone over, what 40 pages now?

But for you to come along and try to spin that its been kind of flawless utopia where everyone gets what they want is just LOL.

So you know where I now stand, I am leaving RF for LJ. But after talking to folks on LJ and reading their posts here, many have legitimate concerns about sudden influx of population, platinum, kronos, bots, etc.

The issue then becomes, what to do about it? DB did say they were "investigating:" transfers, did they not? That is the issue at hand, as far as I am concerned, and I believe discussion of it is in order. You might have something to contribute, but I have to say that critical thinking would come a lot easier if you could set your Day Break fan club membership down for a minute.
    Simone, Rhiyannon and Grishkalur like this.
  12. Katmandu26 Augur

I didn't say it was a utopia. I said players got what they asked for. They did.

You may not like the fact that LJ is going to have a healthier population, but the fact is that with more people the server will have a longer lifespan, whether you are dragged in to it kicking and screaming or not.

On a side note, I've spent a lot of time on Ragefire and a little on LJ. From what I've seen in the chat channels (general excluded, because it's rather nasty on both) the people on Ragefire seem a little more tolerant and friendly. It took me 20 minutes and three requests to get a port on LJ and one request and two minutes to get a port on Ragefire.

Tell me again how awful more people is? Perhaps you should be the one to drop your troll mentality and try to see that they are trying to accommodate all sides. Me, I can think for myself just fine and I've read through the posts and find a lot of them whiny and silly. You can't throw up a fence around a server and claim it the promised land for yourself and the people on your server, only. People are going to come and go no matter what you do. I love that you used the word "utopia" about my post and words, but in essence are claiming that's what LJ is without actually having played on it if you're moving from Ragefire.

And you actually got what you asked for, assuming you wanted 6 months of classic. Otherwise you wouldn't be moving and if Ragefire were that bad to begin with, you would have restarted on LJ long ago. You're leaving Ragefire for Lockjaw and are actually contributing to the problem that you're arguing about. You have the ironic perspective that offering free transfers is bad because it brings in bad things, but you're moving anyway. You want your cake and you want to eat it too.

Sitting on Lockjaw and yelling GET OFF MY LAWN! No free transfers! is going to do far more damage that getting more players on it. If you don't get new players you'll be playing by yourself in a few years, whether you take off your blinders or not.
    Velnarin likes this.
  13. Friday Augur

Its not an ironic perspective to be going to LJ and lobbying for some sort of limitations or the outright elimination of transfers. Its a selfless one. OF COURSE it would or will benefit me personally to take all my toons and all my stuff, but I can see past my own selfishness and understand the perspectives of those with differing opinions as when you said "Perhaps you should be the one to drop you troll mentality and see that they are trying to accommodate all sides."

If you can hear me from way up there, preaching down from on high, I would reroll for it. That's right, throwing away the 5 or 6 weeks of gaming, the money it cost, all levels and gear because I want a good healthy server that bad. They still have 5 good months left of classic, and I am considerate enough to want not to overwhelm the folks already there, that bad. Because you only understand selfishness, you can only see me as an agitator and condemn me for it, when what I am saying, basically is "give us the grenade; we'll take one for the team." (disclaimer: I certainly do not speak for all would be transferring folks)

Please see the past posts of one "Tintaglia" in this thread for further details about the concerns of native residents of Lockjaw. And as far as you saying I am claiming to know "what LJ is without having played on it." ??? /been there; done that. Finally, you sound+++Ragefire, likely intent on staying. Why not leave worrying about transfers to the folks whom it will actually affect? Sounds reasonable, yes?
  14. Katmandu26 Augur

So it's ok for you but not for the overwhelming masses. Got it. Who's on the high horse? It would seem I am not the one with the issue with critical reasoning, nor am I the one who thinks themselves above everyone else, or that I speak for a whole server that I am not playing on. I think the term "delusional" pretty much covers it. You keep aiming long words at me that really apply to yourself much more than they do to me. Anyone can spew rhetoric that they picked up in another post. Your argument is full of holes and excludes everyone on Ragefire but yourself; you even insult the player base of your own server. Anyone who takes you seriously is a fool, and I am removing myself from the list of those who do. Have a great day. :)
  15. Friday Augur

Amazing...and a 100% perfect example of folks I dearly hope stay on RF. Running around preaching about how folks should feel when you yourself got the verdict to go your way and wont be affected in the least. No ideas, nothing constructive, just put downs. Got it. /bye bye to you, too. :)
  16. Delilah New Member

NM. Forum is a cesspool, sold my soul to the devil posting here. Not worth it.
  17. Friday Augur

Really? Well im laughing too. Especially since it was crying that got us all into this mess in the first place, now original complainers calling out crybabies and calling folks hypocrites!? Too funny.

Can't discuss the issues; nothing constructive to say, so its insults. Got it. LOL.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

LOL this happens on every thread where the IRNMW crew is involved... it actually is funny to sit back and watch it... their argument gets destroyed by logic and reason and they degenerate into calling people "insane" or telling them to "grow the f up" or any number of canned responses that all remind me of a 10 year old on a school yard...

hey but if nothing in this game is "classic" the forums sure are!
    Katmandu26, Rhiyannon and Friday like this.
  19. Friday Augur

You're not going to call me names, too?!! But...but...Im arguing for no transfers! /cry. LOL.
    What is IRNMW crew?
  20. Templeton Augur

If the RF army boxers wanted LJ they would already have it. This is just a fact. How long do you think it takes a 6+ boxer to lvl anyhow?

You are seeing unhappy RF people complaining and being negative right now, but no more than you are. They are a no worse 'problem' than you.

The truth is that you will most likely lose a lot of your problem players to RF and will gain a load of good people to LJ.

In 6 months time you will be HAPPY that LJ made this net gain in players.

Personally, the only problem I have with the whole thing is names, but that's a different conversation.