Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Jaxarale01 Augur

I'm Right No Matter What...

Basically it is a term I invented after seeing the "talking heads" say:

"Stop whining about mage pets and monk fists and everything else... this is not a classic server its TLP!"
    Then in the same breath they would say:

"You cant instance raid because its not classic..."

/facepalm
    sihpa and Friday like this.
  2. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

1. It does not take a 6 box team very long to level, however it takes even less time to level a 6 box team if they have buffs from lvl 50's.

2. I doubt LJ will lose any of its problem players, the people that moved over to LJ when it launched knew the score, I am sure most expected it to be a slower paced, less toxic server than RageFire.

3. In 6 months, I may or may not be happy with this net gain of people, only time will tell.

4. Names were a problem even on RageFire, the multiple launches / wipes, coupled with the times of those launches and the lack of notice of the relaunches meant that some people did not end up getting the name(s) they wanted to use. They should have allowed people to reserve names prior to the servers being launched, hell they could have made it a paid service and made some money from the process..
  3. Templeton Augur

Like I said, names were a different conversation.

You are determined to be negative about this, fine. I can't fight that. I guess in the end I don't really need to.
    Ishbu likes this.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

maybe where you are from politics and votes/polls are a little different.

now i separated it into 3 portions...

> in most places, you do not combine 2 lesser votes to beat the more, the most votes is a winner. maniplulating the votes, by combining the lesser votes, is used when the winning votes are not the ones you desired, this way you can get what you want by ignoring the one that got the most votes.

> so even though rage's second choice was asap, they chose to ignore it, yet again and go with the least desired option in that server.

> with lock their second choice was actually 3 months unlike rage.

either way, both servers and the players on them got screwed one way or another. i don't like the resentment and outright in some cases rudeness the supposedly "nicer" server has shown those who want to stay with the advertised 6 months and who are being forced to move with it. those of us who did fippy know what this means;

Friday likes this.
  5. Tarrin Augur

Are we still pretending like over half the server doesn't want less than 6 months?

The poll was horribly skewed and biased in favor of 6 months.

And your example of "not combining two other options" and stating how most places don't do that. You basically just described a parliamentary government election system.

"A party with an overall parliamentary majority (more seats than all the other parties combined) following an election forms the government. If no party has an outright majority, parties can seek to form coalitions"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_United_Kingdom#General_elections
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

i see a reply from someone ignored... oh wait it's the guy who trolls the forums, trying to put his screwed math and logic on everything... now i remember why i did it...
    Friday likes this.
  7. Tarrin Augur

I find this post ironic.
  8. Korillo Augur

It's kind of ironic, seeing as you spend your time trolling these forums yourself. I mean, just look at your signature :p
  9. Rhiyannon Augur

unlike them currently, i actually have opinions on other subjects...
  10. Tarrin Augur

* notes this tangent started by Rhiyannon complaining about the vote....again. *
  11. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Whilst I have reservation about transfers, I believe that DBG need to make a decision on transfer as soon as possible, players are in limbo waiting for a decision to be made.
  12. Weverley Augur

It's like we don't have that thread on top already for that 35 pages long.
  13. Weverley Augur

And now poor op who was just asking about transfer gonna have this thread hijacked.
  14. Computertrucker New Member

It would be humorous to see the main raid guild on RF all decide to switch at the last minute just to cause issues.
  15. Numiko Augur

We do not know the answer to that because that question was never asked. Any professional pollster will tell you *how* the question is worded can sway people many points in either direction.

In this 3 way vote you cannot assume every person who picked 3 months would have voted for less then 6 months if the question have been simply "Do you want things to stay the way things are, or do you want to open expansions earlier?"
  16. Tarrin Augur

I do agree some word on transfers should be asap. If the transfers are too far way, some may elect to just reroll. Just the sooner they can release the info, the sooner people can plan accordingly.

(my attempt to put thread back on track)
  17. Tarrin Augur

I can see how it would be hard to assume a person who voted for less than 6 months may still vote for less than 6 months.
  18. Rhiyannon Augur

my guild is debating the move, some of us are okay with 3 months, some of us want 6 months, none wanted asap, and none of us want the accelerated timeframe that is going to be ragefire.

what saddens me is the reaction of from lock, seriously... you guys are claiming to be the "nicer server", well some of your forum posters certainly aren't. you guys rerolled after a week... i have almost 20 days played, big friggen difference, dgb made the choice of changing the timeframes as to which server was which, most of those transfering just want to be able to play within the advertised timeframe.
    Friday likes this.
  19. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Having played on both, I think LJ is the nicer server...

I agree that DBG need to make the decision 1 way or the other, asap, to be blunt, I am not sure why the decision has not already been made.

In regards to LJ reaction, when you have would be transferees stating that people on LJ should lose their names, it is any wonder some people reacted with negativity?
    Friday likes this.
  20. Templeton Augur

I agree. Comparing their reroll at L10 (or whatever) to the time put into the game at 6 weeks is incredibly... Can't think of a word that isn't rude... Disingenuous?