Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hurbicide Journeyman

Each person didn't get an individual vote.... IF they had let each account get one vote... they wouldn't have gotten the result they wanted.... and they know it. The only reason this is done is so a year from now they can come out and say, "Hey we are trying a new TLP server... come give us your money again and we'll pretend we aren't going to screw this one up as well." And as for Devs saying that they would rather leave it alone... No... they work for a company that sees progression servers as a way of lengthening the life of this game ... but you are going to just piss off the nostalgic until their memories of real EQ are squashed by elitest wannabes and a developer that can't think past the end of their nose.
    Rhiyannon and Friday like this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

How do you propose only having 1 vote per person? In a cost effective way.
  3. Hurbicide Journeyman

I hate to tell you this... but all those boxers and racers that wanted early unlock just PLed alts to 10 quick to get in a vote. If they had another vote, unless they make it one vote per account, it would be exactly the same... 50/50... because they would come to LJ just to make sure you didn't get what you wanted.

People keep acting like 50% of the people voted for one thing and 50% voted for the other. This was done off of toons not acocunts, which most casuals won't have more than 2 or 3 characters at level 10. Votes like this are skewed toward the guy with more time, even though he may not really give much more money to the company. It's funny. My $15 is worth 2 votes, his $15 is worth 8... The only way you can argue this is if you are part of the people with 8 votes. And they can't even really argue the reasoning... they just put up one liners that basically insinuate that you just don't get it... because they have an inflated view of themselves and truly believe their vote should mean more.
  4. Hurbicide Journeyman

It doesn't have to be one per person... can be one per account... would be easily done... I don't care if the boxer gets additional votes... if he pays for 6 accounts he deserves to have six votes... if he pays for 100 accounts he deserves to get 100 votes. But the vote should be one per account. $15 = 1 vote... not $15 = 8 votes for one guy... and 2 votes for another...
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

As far as I know, votes are already limited by account.
  6. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It was 1 vote per account, not 1 per character on the account, or even 1 per person...
  7. Tarrin Augur

That is exactly what happened.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

To answer your earlier question, it's kind of impossible to even guess, because we don't know how the votes are stored on DBG's end. Do they even bother storing by IP? Do they get simple tallies based on yes/no? Not enough information publicly available to even make an educated guess.
  9. Skipper Augur

Well, LJ is your server. Guess you will be back in.
  10. Skipper Augur

If you choose to transfer, you lose rights to your name. But for the life of me, why didn't you guys reserve your names the moment LJ opened? Most did I suspect. I know I did, so I have my names on both servers.
    Sinzz likes this.
  11. Fiyero Augur

Why is that ridiculous? People who went to LJ originally had to do it, why shouldn't you?
  12. sihpa Augur

Because LJers only had to scrap a week of play, while moving to an level playing field. The new refugee's will be leaving behind exponentially more while being at a disadvantage through no fault of their own.

I dont want the toxicity either, seems like RF got the bulk of antisocials and some are sure to come to LJ, but im not on some high horse willing to cast legitimate players in with the toxic ones. Some form of filter would be awesome but its a bit much to ask for imo.

BTW to all you folks on RF who think we dont want you on LJ... It's not true. We just dont want the griefer % of the server to reach anything near what RF has.
    Rhiyannon, Hurbicide and Friday like this.
  13. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It's a hard question both ways. It's hard to argue one side of that without acknowledging that the other side has valid complaints too. The better option would be to create a third server with the 3 month expansions but this too is probably asking for too much.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Friday Augur

The thing that is so hard to accept is that at each and every decision the opportunity to do what is best for the community has been foregone for decisions that make the situation worse.

Many said "two servers" from the get go, many said "Make it a different rules set" from the get go, many said "make the re poll a two option" from the get go, and nearly everyone except RF's competitive 'elites' gazed on in wide wonder at how the poll was interpreted and the solutions imposed.

We are once again at a junction where just a bit of foresight will stop the bleeding. DB needs to do what they are going to do, but no transfers. The casual players of RF are the ideal sacrificial lamb to straighten things out. We still have a choice--grin and bear it on RF, unsub, or reroll on LJ. DB loses maybe a few hundred subs, maybe hires some security where ever their offices are located, and that is it. Situation stabilized.

Make the tough call. Even better, make RF/LJ an either or proposition.
    Mezrah likes this.
  15. UrsusObesus Apprentice

Please free up my names then on Lockjaw as Ragefire is NOT the server I was told it was going to be and if I'd have known it was going to change I wouldn't be playing on it and would have rolled on Lockjaw. As it stands now, I can't get any of my character names there.

Really not f*#$ing happy about this.
    Templeton likes this.
  16. Grishkalur Journeyman

Your solution would work just fine. How on earth is that asking for too much? That's exactly what they should do. If they did this, everyone wanting faster gameplay could move to it, they'd get their names even. Everyone else would have a little more breathing room and when attrition starts to claim players from LJ and RF, they could still merge the servers.

It's a simple, cheap solution.
    Simone likes this.
  17. Tarrin Augur

What if people on Ragefire + Lockjaw with the same name, both want to go to this 3rd server?
  18. Kunon Augur

I wonder if they held a poll on LJ which would win. Kunark in 3 months or allow one time transfers to/from RF and Kunark in 6 months. As per their post, ASAP + 3 Months won on both servers. Keeping LJ at 6 months and allowing transfers to/from is if anything a compromise in favor of the 6 month crowd.
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Dps race clearly.

Still better than pre-existing name situation currently in place.
    Simone and Friday like this.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Except no.