Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Templeton Augur

Why do you put 'hmmm' at the start of every post? it's very odd. That aside...

This is one factor, one conversation about one thing. Hardly merits hate grouping all the people that are being forced to move to see the progression rate they won.
  2. Rhiyannon Augur

if only the name change was the majority of the comments being held against those from rage, but it's not. from the posts, anyone one transfering is supposed to do a complete clean sweep of rage grabbing every botter/mage army/ with them for good measure... and drag them to lock with us.
  3. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Because I want to? Call it a personal shorthand for "having read this, my considered opinion on the subject is" or it could merely be that I am an both English and eccentric.

1. I don't believe the reservations that have been expressed constitute "hate", perhaps there is some alternative dictionary definition of the word that I am unaware of.
    2. No one is being "forced" to move, it is a choice they are making. I understand their reservations and grievances about the poll result that is making them contemplate the transfer, however that still does not mean they are "forced" to moved.
    Jaxarale01 and Friday like this.
  4. Templeton Augur

I am English as well, it's just not something that I have come across. It's just very odd, but your call I guess. It doesn't bother me, I was just curious about what you was trying to convey.

1. There has quite clearly been hate posts against RF refugees. Maybe not by you, but this isn't all about you I guess.

2. No, the move, to see the 6 months pogression, is a forced one. To see the result we won, the only result I will play under, we have to move. There is no other way to see it. There are no options if I am to play the TLP. DBG are only willing to give me the game I have paid for and invested in if I move.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Greymere Augur

A lot worry that it will open the server up to Box crews that were used on RF that are now no longer used, but as others have pointed out if a box crew wanted to play on Lockjaw they would already be doing so or could do so with ease. So I think this kind of thinking is shortsighted.

Then there is the concern that there will be more competition in the endgame than there is currently as a result of more players already at level 50 fighting over spawns, which might feed into a more toxic raid scene(which currently compared to Ragefire is fairly tame, where on Lockjaw groups of strangers often call out rot loots for others if they can't use it in the Planes.) Obviously the more overcrowded things are the more bad behavior tends to pop up.

More casual or players in general populating the server, especially those looking to vote for longer durations for unlocks doesnt really play into it much.

As far as name changes go, this isn't a forced merge its DBG deciding to leave Lockjaw as the 6 month server after they interpreted the vote for both servers to mean the majority of both servers wanted faster, to compromise and try and appease the most players possible. Ragefire simply had more players in a hurry to get thru Kunark and likely all future content, than Lockjaw.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Weverley Augur

There is already an influx of new people in the starting zone on lockjaw.I hope the people who want to come over and that a name is important at least check if their name are available.
    sihpa likes this.
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I never claimed it was all about me ;-). I have seen some hostility, but I have not seen hate, towards those transferring.

You have a choice in the matter of whether to move or not, so you are not being forced to make a decision. The change brought about by the poll result, is certainly motivating you to make the move. I am in the exact opposite position, I play on LJ, but I wanted 3 month unlocks, but given that I left RF because of its toxic environment, I am not willing to transfer back to RF, so I just have to shrug my shoulders and stay on LJ.
  8. Templeton Augur

ok, I stopped reading there, because... Well, because.

Clearly we are being forced to make a decision. To say we are not is too ridiculous to carry on humouring you. I'm kinda done with going back and forth with you really.
    Friday likes this.
  9. Rhiyannon Augur

let's see... advertised as maximum nostalga, 6 months(only one with a possible change listed) , 6 months, 6 months, then switching to 3 from then on.

now:

so to stay with the original timeframe, we are FORCED to move, i can see another fippy because they just had to change their freakin minds and leave an opening.

either way, you arn't the one being forced to move, we can agree to disagree.

edit: if i had known they were planning fippy 2.0 i wouldn't have resubbed
    Simone and Friday like this.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I can certainly see why people are upset over the way DBG decided to interpret the latest poll result on Ragefire. We will just have to agree to disagree on the definition of "forced" ;-). It was obvious it was going to be Fippy 2.0 after the new owners got rid of the majority of CSR staff and the DBG team failed to learn any of the lessons from Fippy.
    Jaxarale01 and Rhiyannon like this.
  11. SomethingWitty Augur

I agree, and am a firm believer that limbo kills MMO servers!
    Friday, Simone and Rhiyannon like this.
  12. Tarrin Augur

I don't think the word "forced" means what people think it means. Not everyone who voted 6 months/wants 6 months will move, even if transfers are free.

You are allowed the option to choose to move, if 6 months is something you value more than the reasons to stay put. You have a choice, regardless.
  13. Numiko Augur

I voted for 3 months, if the only option had been asap or 6 months I would have voted 6 months ....
    Simone and Jaxarale01 like this.
  14. Tulgin Augur

ASAP and 3 months are basically the same vote. By the time they get around to testing and releasing Kunark for the ASAP vote, it will be close to 2 months, who really cares which one wins? It's 50/50 which you vote for.

On one of my accounts I voted ASAP, on the other I voted for 3 months. I would say most people couldn't care less which one wins.

So combining the votes isn't that crazy. 6 months lost the vote on both servers. But now we are getting 2 servers on different unlock timers, screwing up the chance of a server merge later on which both servers start to die.

GG,
  15. Numiko Augur

as I just said if the question had been worded differently I would have changed my 4 votes from 3 months to 6, in fact in the light of the announcement that they are considering reducing further exp packs down to 3 months because of this vote.I would like to officially request my 4 votes get changed to 6 months in the original poll
    Simone likes this.
  16. Tarrin Augur

If the poll was "Do you want 6 months or explore options for less than 6 months?"

What would you have voted?

I am not saying all 3 month'ers would have voted ASAP if the options were "ASAP or 6 months". I never even implied or suggested a vote should be "ASAP or 6 months".
  17. Tarrin Augur

Worded differently?

Having the poll go from "ASAP, 3 months, 6 months" to "ASAP or 6 months" is a little bit more than worded differently. Heck, I voted 3 months and I'd be tempted to vote 6 months in that scenario. But give me "Do you want 6 months or explore options less than 6 months" and I would vote for less than 6 months without blinking an eye.

I am sure they will get right on your official request of changing your votes.
  18. Numiko Augur

I know they wont change my vote, I just wanted to point out that you cannot 100% assume everyone who voted for 3 months would vote for "less then 6 month" in another poll.

I was on the fence voting, and could have either gone 6 months or 3 months and if I had known that voting for 3 months would encourage them to consider cutting down on the other expansion pack times as they have stated I would have definitely voted for 6 months.
    Simone likes this.
  19. Gumlakx Augur

Absolutely not. Even though I expect I will be transferring frmo Ragefire.
  20. Skipper Augur

I actually think you'll see more transfers to RF than the other way around. Some of the 6 monthers were being disingenuous and won't move.