Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. kuuleo Journeyman

should also make RoF and maybe CoTF raids for smaller guilds to run like a 18man or 24 man raids

so people who in family guild who can get 18-24 people in raid can raid decent stuff, and they don't have to join the huge raiding guild and have to deal with the insane raiding schedule.

and I hate that mercs taking place of clerics and wars we need more of them in game kinda hope to lower the want/need/abilities of mercs
    Lisandra and Warpeace like this.
  2. Numiko Augur

Oh! and new player models! (I know that's a pipe dream but had to add it to the list)
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Kravitz Augur

Amen brother. Please no more new servers of any type, it hasn't work, and won't work because EQ is a dying game, new players aren't coming in, its just existing players driving EQ. Look how empty Fippy and Vox are, and did we forget Mayong server already, the 50/50 ruleset.

If anything some low populations servers need to be merged.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. cazicwar1 New Member

killing exp in old zones sucks for new players to get people to come to old zones to play with em . instead the new players have to come to new zones and be drug through levels.. maybe a fix where if the old players shroud they still get real exp if in old zone >? just an idea. its kinda become why have a real war player 8 levels lower when you can just have a merc your level .
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Sinzz Augur

i only mentioned locked servers because then folks could transfer off to other servers if they wanted to leave that limit, it would be best of both worlds and something they could do once and done not new progression server requests every year.
    as far as graphics update the biggest complaint i hear from non eq gamers is game is old not good graphics (on a 4k monitor new zones look awesome! but ui scaling issues present themselves)
    thus if they upgraded graphics we already know gameplay rocks so that seems to be the biggest turn off to achieving new players , that and old mudflated servers .
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Darmmitt New Member

I've been a Norrathian since August 1999, with several breaks on and off throughout the years. A few months ago, I came back to the game with the free-to-play scheme, because my casual, solo approach never justified the growing subscription price. I've been extremely happy with the free game, and almost all of my casual play time is spent on old world areas. I also brought my 14-year-old son into the game with me for the first time a couple months ago, and he's having a blast.

This week, I completed my first-ever Epic 1.0 on one of my characters. It was a thrill, and I did it all on the free-to-play content platform. Many players are in the world for occasional raids and fun, and they appear regularly to volunteer assistance for those of us needing assistance with our epic quests.

I was shocked to hear about the SOE sale, but I'm a practicing attorney in the world of business. These things happen. To all the gamers out there so concerned about the future of EQ1, let me just say this... If a company paid money for that asset, and it's a steady revenue source, they aren't going to dump or tank it. Sure, it might slow down a little during transition to allow the new team an opportunity to get to know the business structure and analyze new development and profits. But a company that pays good money for an online gaming world has every incentive to put efforts into that asset to make it grow and earn profits. I have no doubt EQ1 will receive a fair shake.

Holly, I don't envy your difficult job of steering the online community's ship in the new direction. Gamer folks are an independent and stubborn lot. I appreciate your willingness to reach out and allow everyone to voice their opinions and concerns. I feel certain that you'll take those sentiments back to the development and corporate teams to help them understand how they can best satisfy their customers and find ways to do so cost-effectively. In the meantime, I encourage you to stay the course and continue keeping that open dialogue. Folks will come around after the shock wears off.

Darmmitt (Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio)
    EMarr Server
    Alts - Darmina, Darrmitt
    Melanippe, Lisandra and Crystilla like this.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

I think if you separate things into BB and everyone else, it would be much clearer.

And the undo HA/exp nerf camps seem to be quite possibly universal.
    Yinla and beryon like this.
  8. Sinzz Augur

eq doesnt have to be a dying game thats the typical negative mindset that older is not better then new , show me a new game that can hold attention of a broad audience as long as eq has.. they need to start remaking old games that need updated looks not updated or twist to the gameplay we enjoy. cant wait to see how homeworld does on the 28th now that they remastered it i think it will be just like hollywood learned reboot old movies with new actors and they are hits all over again .
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. kuuleo Journeyman

I agree with new player models that would be awesome
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. JT11111 New Member

Ok, I see they posted that they are aware of connect issues and saw someone post about getting solid black screen when trying to connect, I am not the only one then, lol, kinda sucks not being able to play on the one day I have off from work, hope this gets fixed as quick as possible, got knocked off like 6 hours ago. :( P.S. is this a part of the switch over?
  11. Arkaron New Member

Hey Holly (and others)

I can't say I envy the job you've got. At this point, EverQuest represents an unprecedented kind of MMO gaming. I think many of us recognize that change is painful, but necessary as the group that starting playing in the late 90s/early 2000s is at a minimum in their late 20s by now. That's old enough to accept the world changes, even the virtual ones.

All that said, new Cabilis would be awesome--the Town Crier NPC talks about Cabilis sinking (sort of like Venice). The Iksar lore is a goldmine.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Zujilli Elder

Thanks for posting Holly, very excited for the livestream! :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. kuuleo Journeyman

no the solid black screen slow load times and everything is happening to the 11 people with me in vent as well
  14. Soultheiph New Member

DDoS attack..
  15. Sancus Augur

These are my personal viewpoints, and are not necessarily representative of anyone else:
    • Remove the XP nerf on RoF and prior content
    • Work on more raids - 5 progression raids in an expansion puts a strain on a lot of guilds. As I'm in a mid-tier guild, I would be fine with a few simple tank-and-spank raids if it helped save time. The tier system previously helped give content to multiple levels of play; having one tier hurts mid-tier and, presumably, high-end guilds.
    • Please put raids in multiple zones. I cannot describe how much I want a Dino raid...
    • Update old zones if it saves you time. I think most people enjoyed the Velious part of RoF. The TBS zones would be good too, if they weren't so small. If this helps you get out more content, I'm more than willing to have some old zones updated (but please make sure to leave the originial zones untouched).
    • Make some more content that's accessible for pickup raids. CToV is awesome IMO, although the first time I experienced it was maybe a week ago. The key is that it's simple; mechanic heavy raids aren't conducive to open raiding. I don't really raid for the gear (though it helps :p); I enjoy the raiding process, and open raids are an extension of that process.
    • Try not to go as heavy on the whole "class balancing" thing as you did in CotF
    • My suggestion would be to try to make content with some replayability; having completed all the quests and all of the conquest achievements in TDS, I have no desire to go back and re-do any. That's probably easier said than done, though.
    • I think linear progression was a bad idea. A lot of people are stuck at different parts of progression, and it really hurts their ability to group. I'm fine with locking zones, but IMO it should be a little laxer.
    I'm sure there's more stuff, but it's escaping me at the moment...
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree with this as well as most of the rest of your post.
    The way TDS was launched - "Hey! Buy this and you get FREE nerfs!" - was insane from a marketing perspective.
    "Empty" chests piss people off. (Group and Raid) 1 spell, 1 weap, 1 gear is the min GROUP standard.
    Annoy your boxers too much - and they won't box. So you loose accounts.
    Trying to sell TDS by telling us "less is more" - was very, VERY, bad PR.
    I know our Dev's can do almost "anything with nothing" - but this time your slip was showing.
    -Rat
    We beetch here because we love the game - we know the standards set.
    Yinla and Lisandra like this.
  17. fortuneteller Augur

Suggestions for future of EQ.

Remove the xp nerf the game, and allow people to play the game as they want.
    It is always better to use a carrot than a stick.

CoTF HA, instead of that they increase in level as people also increase in level
    put in the max of 100 for them. I recall you said something about they would forever
    be the best xp for people when level increased, this would not be true if there were the
    max of 100.

Increase the xp rewards for the tasks/missions in TDS, instead of minimizing them. You
    swing too much between the extremes as the expansions come/go.

Increase drops from mobs, so they would have same kind of drop ratio as earlier expansions.

Remove the zone restrictions in TDs, so people can zone to ALL zones, except maybe for the final zone.

You lose customers by the xp nerf from cotf/rof and b4, if you want people to continue to play
    it is something which has to go away.

You have to allow people to play as they want, and not restrict people in by knowing how you think they should play.

I am sure if you run some statistic, you would find that you lost the largest potion of players in a long long time
    since the release of TDS. Not a good way to keep a healthy game.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Beebles New Member

-RangerDanger

As for the future, including expansion plans, we’re reviewing everything together to be sure we’re doing the right content for the game and you all. As soon as we nail down some stuff, we’ll share it asap.

@ RangerDanger, I think your reading comprehension skills could use some reading comprehension.
    Melanippe, Yinla, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  19. CaptAmazing Augur

More transparency. Undo the nerfs to exp. No more progression servers. They waste resources now.
  20. Tyraxor Augur

I have basically only 1 question, when will the $40 price tag on TDS be replaced with something reasonable. I want to believe this game gets better again, i maybe want to get back into game again because of it, but i won't be paying $40 for something that is worth less than half.
    And i believe i'm not alone with this, give us a sign it's for real this time by stopping the cash grab like right now.
    Lisandra and Kravitz like this.