Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

The stoppage of the Silver Account path was one of the most fiscally devastating moves SOE ever made.
    The company had the unswerving ability to spend a dollar to make a nickel.
    -R
  2. Seamus Journeyman

I would just be happy if my main with a merc could do 10 year old raid content without needing 5 other PCs to start an event. What a lot of unused (wasted) content. Locked off for no good reason.
    beryon, Mayfaire, Zujilli and 2 others like this.
  3. Sinzz Augur

I would say
    Reverse exp nerf , heroic mission timers, let folks play how they want,

no more expacs until all zone art is upgraded I would be more then willing to pay for art upgrades of

existing zones as a exp pack maybe even throw as one said a alternate zone to original so folks can have there old stuff if they want to go to it.

I don't know about others but a art upgrade would be worth a 50 doller expac to me.

new game engine bring eq up to dx12 100.00 upgrade to me :) after reading that dx12 will make old computers run better its not the usual dx upgrade it would actually benefit old machines.

after game engine and art are upgraded advertise new servers 1 that is locked at luclin one locked at sod
    sod one would have transfers to live servers available if you decided to level the char further.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree here RoF "met expectations". 3 tiers would have made it "better" - but it was real good.
    -Rat
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Just my opinion, but I would think most people are not nearly as concerned about an art upgrade as to continue adding content. Of course, this may just be me showing my age from playing old text based MUDs and any graphics are good...:)
    Garshok, Mayfaire and Yinla like this.
  6. Ultio New Member

I'm confused with all the requests for servers locked at a certain content level. I know that almost everyone has a nostalgic spot where they felt the game was "the best." The issue with locking servers, though, is that eventually, EVERYONE (even the people requesting them) get bored and leave, and there's no guarantee they'll leave for a current EQ server. Content-locked servers are also expensive, because you basically have to develop an entirely different rule-set (such as the old way of int casters getting spells every 4 levels or whatever it was) that is different from modern servers, and that takes development time and resources. You can't just flip them on and off like a switch, because the very core code of the game was changed to what we currently have on current servers. (Yes, I understand that the code for progression servers might allow us to do this easier than say with Rift or other multi-server MMO's, but still, there's limits.)

I understand the enjoyable aspects of the possibility of having the content-locked servers. I get it. I just don't think it's economically feasible. If everyone had the specific content-locked server they wanted, they'd have to go and create 19 or 20 new servers (one for each expansion people want content locked at) for relatively small customer groups within an already relatively small customer base, when some of the current servers are already lacking in population.
    Melanippe, Mayfaire and Lisandra like this.
  7. Silentchaos Augur

Lower the required level for negation of subtlety to 85 then autogrant spell casting subtlety.
    Beimeith likes this.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Most of the lists here are personal lists and not ones the 'majority' of players would ask for. There are definitely subsets of players who want a lot of these things, but that's it.
    Battleaxe, Mintalie, JacklSK and 3 others like this.
  9. Brogett Augur

It's the age old issue of how to make more from less? We all want this game to be profitable, while daybreak evidently want to lower the costs. I'm OK with that - a profitable game is one that keeps running!

So maybe get players on board more? We already have the armour in player studio thing, but maybe there is chance for players to come up with more. Understandably the main expansions need to fit a theme and that's not something you want to reveal upfront, but there are always those times inbetween expansions traditionally filled with living legacy style content. Maybe more player oriented content? I don't know how far it can be pushed.

I completely agree with the comments made by others here regarding XP and RoF. Don't put arbitrary limits. If something is too good for XP, then tweak the ZEM rather than do bizarre and counter intuitive things like level limiting or moving most XP to a final hail. It just doesn't fit well in to the whole sandbox design. We want to be able to go anywhere and not just a narrow path.
    Esero, Yinla and Lisandra like this.
  10. Lisandra Augur

I agree with most of your list especially the part about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] & a new 1 to 100 path. I am totally against the removal of the quest window & the text it has. This is 2015 & having to blindly work your way through something is a thing of the past that 95% of the player base & probably 100% of new players that they may be able to attract would be unwilling to do. It was fine when we were in our teens & 20s & had tons of time & could play for 12-18 hours a day 5-7 days a week but now that most of the players are in their 30s to 50s we don't have time for all that.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  11. guado Augur

Server Maintenance, which implies "improving server stability" was performed this week. We're having lots of trouble this morning with pretty much not being able to play. Simply not pleased. The maintenance performed seems to have decreased server stability.
  12. eqgamer Augur

so is it now neverquest?
  13. eqgamer Augur

honesty and transparency would have gone a lot further
  14. Windstalker Executive Producer

This is great constructive feedback! It also reminds me how huge the game is and the equally vast breadth of variety in how you all choose to play. Thanks for being helpful here.
    Muuadib, Mintalie, Imrahil and 8 others like this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

More like a vocal minority.

How many times has this been tried? Before the new server even opens guilds are pre made, classes picked and the rush is on to be #1 the second the server opens. Then all cry foul their server has been wrecked and the guild blazing through content is either demanding more content to be released or free transfers. The original Glory days are long gone and being naïve wishing the original glory days will return and stay is just not going to happen. That's like expecting Role play to be the focus on Firiona Vie server, it exists just not all that much. The reason many like it is more due to almost every item being tradable.

There are better options for the limited resources EQ has left.
    Mintalie, Melanippe, Koryu and 3 others like this.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

eqgamer = skeeter = kelefane ?
    Mintalie and Lisandra like this.
  17. kuuleo Journeyman

been trying to log in and on the patcher, it starts loading then goes to a solid black screen and nothing else happens, cant play/pay for eq if I cant get in... any tips advice?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Welcome back Holly

Looking forward to your presentation and hearing what your ideas are for EQ. Big interests at the moment are the Exp nerf on RoF and prior content, anniversary content and how you are planning to release new expansions. I for one disliked the crossover of EQ2 & EQ1 events, it is not something I would like to see repeated.

It would also be nice to hear which members of the team will be working on what after all the recent changes. For instance will you leave Elidroth working on AA and Aristo working on spells or will you shake the team up to get fresh ideas.

I have high hopes for EQ with you at its helm.
    Imrahil and Lisandra like this.
  19. Crystilla Augur

Holly,

That's one thing we love about EQ. In a month we're going to be 16, and that's a lot of years of history and playstyles. Between:

• Raiding (racing to be #1, whether progression servers or regular servers) or (trying to progress through some level of content on live) and open raids
    • Grouping (you and one other up to 6 person groups)
    • Moloing (you and a mercenary)
    • Soloing (just you)
    • Housing
    • Tradeskills
    • Roleplay (yes this still exists believe it or not)
    • Exploring places you've never seen
    • Camping for clickies
    • Camping for keys
    and many more things
  20. Zazook New Member

I think many on this thread are expecting this new takeover to launch immediately like a rocket on the launchpad already. Many of you seem to be worried about if an expansion is going to happen, as this is a business for them, of course they're going to happen. I would bet that their largest amount of revenue is gained from them so for many of you to worry if future ones will occur is ridiculous....quit whining. if EQ stays around/open/lives...da..there will be expansions.

The exp nerf and the obvious way TDS was designed to slow everyone down , to me, is a very big insult to the players and also a direct conflict to the slogan " play your way" that Sony had. Hopefully the new team will not try to restrict us any further or insult our intelligence and reverse that nerf that most likely made many players look to other games for their enjoyment. I'm referring in particular to the huge amount of health most mobs have in the expansion and the obvious layout/design of the zones to make them difficult to box in. Then as anyone could attest to that's played through TDS, the huge lack of drops in the chests, named mobs of visuals, spells, etc. I began trying to farm some upgrades for my gear in the T3 zones and out of 14 possible times for a drop of visual armor or a spell, I'm currently at 0-14. That's a prime example of how the expansion has been designed to slow everyone down. I'm raid geared to a certain extent, RoF mostly with a splash of CoTF at the time I went through the TDS progression, IMO it was designed far too difficult for an average group geared player/group. If you had full CoTF raid gear it was probably a cake walk or close to it, but designing expansions in that way makes them not enjoyable to the part of the player base that are casual gamers and not raid equipped. Our intelligence as players was really insulted with the TDS expansion IMO and I hope with the new team in place that future insults won't occur.

With all of my negative comments above I would like to say, I love the game, have been playing it since the day after it went live and I love it as it is atm. TDS was somewhat enjoyable to play but at the same time frustrating because of how it was designed...and it's obvious attempts to slow down and hinder the player base. I am hopeful for the game to continue and have further expansions and everything most have mentioned, with exception to worrying about mounted animations, progression/time locked servers etc. I'd rather see the dev teams limited resources used to fix current bugs and to produce further more intelligent content for the larger player base and hopefully draw back older players and attract new players too. Merging some of the servers was one of the best ideas I've noticed while reading this thread. A larger community on each server would allow for more grouping and a healthier atmosphere in general.

OK flamers, tear me up..cause I could care less what you have to say.
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.