Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think it would be nice if master looter had a symbol assigned, like it is for main assist, main tank, and puller. Often Im waiting for the looter to set rolls only to find out Im master looter!
    Angahran, KarmaKitty, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Even though it lists the name on the Adv Loot window, I would love to have a symbol in the group window, too.
    KarmaKitty, Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes please!

I have a friend who makes groups and makes me leader mid fight without telling me!
    KarmaKitty, Rijacki and Svann2 like this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I got a mage who waits until im pulling or fighting to cast mod rods instead of at the beginning while I am setting looter, puller, assist, leader , etc etc. Make them rods just go in your bag instead of on your cursor ffs.
    Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

Can we get replace the useless fishing items (like rusty dagger and stinking sandle) with an emote.
    If your worried about the loss of coin gained selling the old item (does anyone), maybe something like
    "you've caught an old coin purse!" then directly add the coin.
    Or is there a quest out there still in play which requires the rusty dagger ?
    Spacemonkey555 and Rijacki like this.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've been around long enough that I remember keeping one to drop as a sort of compass.

But, I think the only place the useless fishing items would be helpful at all are on TLPs. And, like many things in the original game, are intended to fill up your inventory to limit your time doing stuff or force you to discard things to keep going. Both entirely horrible reasons to have it. I like the idea of an emoted purse instead, too.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

More screen shakes, more screen effects.

Boss does a float plus flip you upside down.

So floating and get flipped and it flips your camera too, makes you feel upside down.
    Plus screen shakes, say boss goes for a powerbomb or F5, so you get lifted you flipped and smashed into the ground so basically screen shake.

Would like to see a monitor rumble pack too. If you have a monitor that can rumble, instead of screen shakes your monitor rumbles.

Mouse rumble pack, keyboard rumble pack.
    Boss doing a laser beam attack on you, you gotta feel it, mouse starts rumbling and the keyboard, really intense rumble so tough to control your character while your eating a laser beam.

Picture dragonball z and someone just doing long very intense nuke on you. You gotta feel that, mouse and keyboard rumble packs. Tough to do anything when your eating a laser beam.

Maybe with the screen effect too, picture this.
    Boss picking you up by your hair ,flips you, and does a spinning slap.
    So your floated, upside down and spinning.

So those are examples of screen effects I'd like to see.
    Put them in T3 casual, and raids, any tier raids.

Also, indicators of mez, I should know if something is mezzed without clicking on them and checking.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Bard mez shows the notes around the head of the afflicted but you have to look carefully for them. When I play enchanter, I look at each not only to see if they're still mezzed (and keep a mental timer on them), I also am looking for their buffs and debuffs. But... it's easy to know what's mezzed vs what's not. it's not trying to eat your face while it is mezzed.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Was thinking about my screen shake rumbles.

Could do too.
    If your in rumble state, keyboard keys do not work, you have to move your mouse and click on a skill to use a skill.

But your screen is shaking and it moves your mouse too, so can't do a program to cheat your way through the rumbles.

Maybe instead of moving the mouse, moves your hotbar temporary,
    so new keyboard keys accepted and you gotta try and click on hotbar skills while screen is shaking.

IF EQ did keyboard rumble and mouse rumble thats innovating though so consider that as your innovating idea.
    Heres a rumble mouse,

don't think there is a rumble keyboard out yet.

Could be a boss shouting at you and makes your screen shake, mouse rumbling intensely. To get that intense boss fight feeling.

Raid event, Dune

You gotta have people with vibration mouses, so they know the wurm is attacking. If you don't have a vibration mouse you can't tell if the wurm is attacking underneath you.
    If you have screen shakes off, can't tell the wurm is coming.
    If you have audio on something other game, can't tell the wurm is coming.
    If you have visuals off, can't tell the wurm is coming.
    NPC is not in zone, its the environment giving indicators. When the NPC is in the zone its too late, they attack immediately, its a swallow attack, instant death. No dogpiling eat through, its instant death.

@crazybabuskaman3923
    1 year ago
    This movie was truly something else in the cinema, especially Imax. The thumper wad shaking the entire cinema, thr soundtrack was out of this world never mind the stunning visuals from start to end, a modern masterpeice.
    122 Likes

Exactly, need audio, visuals, feeling to the game.
    Something doing an intense it should make the zone rumble. Loud noises. Heard in the distance, other people hearing your fight other people hearing the mob your fighting do crazy things.
    Yep that person just ate a meteor, I heard that. They didn't bash in time.
  10. Termination321 New Member

Type 5 augments that are Non-lore to stack up to x20. With introduction to personas would help clear up bag space.
    Regent depot to hold x9999 for Axe Components, Bone chips, Malachite, Emeralds, Pearls etc. For spell casts also frees up characters inventory space.

/convert for a popup to choose all 16 classes or choices added here
    RoF - Dreadstone / Possessed collection/progression weapons
    TBM - Relife Adornment
    Anniversary - Zueria Slide:
    Evolver items TBL-+
    Class Epic & only shows available what character's /ach 2.0-2.5's are obtained or Epic Depot out of bags to house all 16 but still use the clicks.

Mercenary special equipment depot for click effects x10-25 slots for i.e. items.
    Double Farming! - /Lore Equipped
    Violet Conch of the Tempest
    Grelleth's Royal Seal or Chestplate of the Dark Flame
    Stormeye Band or Cloak of Thorns (RoF)
    Blood Drinker's Coating
    Silken Trillium
    Shield of Immaculate Light
    Venenium
    Cleansing Rod
    Shield of the Immaculate
    Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem - Ranks vary on archetype or a mean total
    Their class epic attained via persona

Mercenary improving AA's
    Banestrike owner matching %
    DoN/MPG matching perks
    All the owners innate item effect AA's purchasable up to the owners
    Hero's Vitality/Resolution/Fortitude ranks become purchasable up to the owners
    Warrior/Cleric Aura - Zone wide like Shaman Pact of Wolf
    Rogue - Casting (96) Thief's Vision Rank 2 / (117) Thief's Sight Rank 2 w/Focus Extended duration AA's to match 10min Optional Merc raids/quests to attain their right to use Rank 3.
    Type 3 augment slot locations for mercenaries making the following lore equipped & allowed to be double farmed.
    Stone of Judgment / The Tears of Alaris.
    Ability to equip a power source & Purity AA = 880 = to players 1:1 AA points
    All neck slot gear to have Improved Parry / Block V Rating 40 mod

Possible 33Day-66D-100D-1Year Raid Lockout timers ranging from 1-3-5-10 reward of a tradable new currency that can be used to /flag an account with buyable x999 claim to previous existing already coded Beta / Fanfare / Pre-order / Quarm / Vaniki / Stormhammer items/rewards. Basically Marcia Attamilgad 2.0 but with everything conceivable listed at all times (case something missing and want to /bug get it added) With a lockout to an account vs platinum to backup its monetary value ingame as the supply in circulation will be low requiring more subs to do the event while the reward would be grand potentially competing with Krono on a 1:1 scale.
    25 - mercenary contracts,
    35 - trinket/novelty/teleport items
    50 - illusions
    100 - pick of any remaining 12/16 mercenary classes or as created if not already on standby - (account features)
    Enoah35 and Koveras like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

All i want is a marketplace. I wanna be able to sell and play on the same account at the same time. As is if i wanna play my mage its either that or make millions of pp so i basically only play mage when i know i wont sell anything which is kinda annoying.
  12. Koveras Elder

If Mercenary Characters are allowed to benefit from even self-clickie effects that otherwise affect only Player Characters means that Pets need to have the exact same thing. Magicians for example wouldn't really benefit from using Blood Drinker's Coating nor Spirit Drinker's Coating but their Pets (especially Tank Pets) will. Banestrike needs to also affect Pets again like it once did in the past when it used serve as a periodic proc.
  13. Koveras Elder

Another set of ideas I also have in mind to help further improve the Quality of Life for EverQuest as follows...
    1. The Spider's Bite Poison procs should also work for not only Ranged Attacks but also while casting direct damage spells among damage over time spells.
    2. Kick, Round Kick and Flying Kick should all be merged as simply Kick, Dragon Punch, Eagle Strike and Tiger Claw should also be merged into one single damage mod called Punch.
    3. Gauntlets and Gloves should also feature a Punch DMG on their stats.
    4. Belt equipment pieces, Cloak equipment pieces, Neck equipment pieces and Shoulder equipment pieces should all grant a damage mod bonus for Bash, Backstab and Kick respectfully rather then be given completely separate damage mods for each of those equipment pieces.
    5. Shields and Two Handed Weapons should all have a Bash DMG on their stats.
    6. Boots should all have feature a Kick DMG on their stats.
    7. The 24th equipment slot that should be featured below the Graves, above the Primary and next to the left Ring: Special Source. This slot can handle a Source that can handle procs be it offensively or defensively depending on the Special Source. The Special Source one equipped will allow you to proc damage or otherwise until its Power runs down to 0%.
    8. Mercenaries should also be allowed to equip their own Power Source and Special Sources
    9. Quivers should feature a Haste stat for Archery.
    10. All characters should have the ability to Track for the same reason they can Forage, Bards, Druids and Rangers will still do best at said skill.
    That's all I have in mind for now.
    Yinla, Sita and Knifen like this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id like it if there was a way to limit the tracking list to just the mobs you want to find rather than everything in the zone.
    /track a Rallosian champion, Charka
    Yinla and Flatchy like this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Reduce the minimum time between bazaar searches. When Im checking my bazaar trader prices to make sure they are still the lowest the search often fails when I move from one item to the next too quickly. Im not using any program, just doing it manually. I click search (cntl-shift-click) and find Im still at the top of the list so click search on the next item and.... no result because I didnt wait long enough. Im guessing you put a delay there to prevent program spamming searches, but could it be shortened by half so real players arent impacted so much? Its very annoying.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

/hidecampfires [all] [others] [none]
    Yinla, Sita, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  17. Evertrek Augur

EQ2 like quest givers and icons over their heads.
    solo content quests to help players make max levels with alts on off hours.

EQ1/EQ2 fix the economy.
  18. Koveras Elder

A another post for the number of suggestions for Quality of Live ideas I have in mind as seen below.

In the case of the 25th Anniversary Mission should that ever get updated. They should also add other Skill Mod Augmentations that improve Dodge and Parry, maybe even Block since Offense and Defense Skill Mod Augs already exist.

Furthermore, The Caster Augmentations from said Anniversary Mission that involve the Spell Specialization Skill Mods should be of their own Lore Group due to being aimed specifically for Casters and Priests.

If Magicians aren't going to get an upgrade to Arcane Distillect any moment soon an AA version of this spell needs to be available for them (in fact Magicians really deserve an upgrade to this spell after all those years......)

The AA Abilities Anatomy, Decapitation & Headshot should all be abolished and replaced with an AA Ability called Slay Strike, which should only have a rare chance of happening if a Crippling Blow is scored whenever an encounter of the character's equal level is 20% health, one level below being 30%, two levels below being 40%, three levels below being 50% and those of four levels and lower being 60%.

The AA Abilities Heavy Arrow and Slay Undead should be abolished and replaced with the Crippling Blow AA Ability.

The Finishing Blow AA Ability should be redone, I will mention the change idea below...
    • Instead of having the description say "This passive ability grants your critical melee attacks a 90% chance to deal (insert points of damage here such as 36100) to level (insert level number here such as 119) and lower NPC targets with 10.5% or less health. The description should be "This passive ability grants your melee and ranged attacks to deal 300% more damage to NPC targets that are 6 levels below your own level." to free up more AA Ability Space for other AA Abilities.
    • Furthermore, an AA Ability called Finishing Burst for Casters and Priest (maybe Hybird Classes as well???) should exist with its description saying "This passive ability grants your direct damage and damage over time spells to deal 300% more damage to NPC targets with 10.5% or less health that are 6 levels below your own level.
    AA Abilities like Trickshot should be merged with Burst of Power.

The Veteran's Wrath AA needs to include Archery and Throwing in addition to the original seven weapon skills. In turn, AA Abilities like Ranged Fitness should be either abolished or altered. If altered then it should provide a better chance to perform more Crippling Blows while using Bow and Arrow.

Mastery of the Past AA should be redone as well, I will mention that change idea below...
    • Instead of having the description say "This passive ability makes it impossible for you to fizzle level (insert number here such as 121 or lower spells", it in fact needs to be changed to "This passive ability makes it impossible for you to fizzle spells that are 5 levels below your own level." in order to save up on more AA Ability Space for other AA Abilities.
    • Furthermore, said ability should also have a 10% chance to proc a self buff called Perfection of the Present which allows the caster to not fizzle on the next casting of one's next spell cast for spells equal to the caster's level and spells that are 5 levels below.
    • Most importantly now that I think about it, the name alone might as well be changed to Perfection of the Past since it dose involve being able to cast spells without any chance of fizzling from the recent past expansion and below.
    That's all the current ideas I have in mind for now.
  19. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

Increase the Bazaar limit
    Improve auto follow...

I'm easy to please
    Quatreh likes this.
  20. Sobmre Augur

100 plus pages, and its all gonna be mostly ignored and we will get something like a key ring for nimbus's and an house item that will sit in claims till heat death of the universe
    Angahran likes this.