Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Eh, Magicians used to have 2 fade abilities, they consolidated them into one.

So if it fails, you are boned.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

/who all group
    Yinla, Risiko, Mikana and 1 other person like this.
  3. ForumBoss Augur

• a /command to accept guild hall ports/rezzes/respawn after rez etc
    • raise baz cap or have it accept krono or nobles
    • allow mass delete and sell from /finditem
    • "buff sets", greyed out icons showing desired buffs in a set that you're currently missing and ability to load/save these sets similar to xtar slots
    • larger bazaar bags
    FranktheBank and Risiko like this.
  4. Szilent Augur

Existing baz bags came into existence before larger bags *could* exist, is why they're 10. The limit on number of items listed in /trader is 100 because that lines up with 10x 10 slot bags. All historical accident. I can hypothesize EQ producers not wanting to raise the 100 /trader items limit, but if it really must remain for whatever reason, then the satchel should still be made 100 slots.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

100 slot lore satchel would be great. Stick your bazaar items in the bank when you're playing, take it out and put up your trader when you're not.

I'm not sure the game as a whole benefits from allowing players to list more items.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. FYAD Augur

an auction house would be better quality of life than larger bazaar bags.
    Act of Valor, Dre. and Szilent like this.
  7. Szilent Augur

wholly agree, but that's a v.large project. Just making a new traders' satchel feels like low-hanging fruit. An adjustment to improve QOL within the current system.
    Act of Valor and Dre. like this.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

There is even a perk for larger baz bags but it's like 2 or 4 slots more only, pretty pointless. Also on TLP, there is a hard 1000 trader cap, so just making more baz mules isn't an option in all cases.
  9. Geko Elder

Character Files ( hot buttons / .ini files ) for all max level characters should be stored in the cloud. Then if your computer has any issues... can log in after it is fixed and pull your character files back to your local machine (steam does something like this for save files).
    Risiko and Dre. like this.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Quality of life suggestion for the UI, it would be nice to have the new window show on top of the old window.
    Nennius and Mikana like this.
  11. Mikana Augur

12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Yes, Steam does do that. You can have that with EQ as well, there are a ton of online cloud providers you can use for backups of your settings. Or even a flash drive. There is really very little benefit for Daybreak to implement cloud storage of your character settings when a person can very easily do this on their own, with free automated services that would do it better.
  13. Tachyon Augur

14. Risiko Augur

• Add /followclose command that would make it so that the character follows at a closer distance (for getting around tight areas) and follows vertically as well
    • Add the ability to have 2 mercenaries out at the same time for those of us that don't want to box on a Live server and are way below the max level where there are groups to be had
    ForumBoss and Dre. like this.
  15. sdeco Lorekeeper

A Seperate Guild Bank for Collectables would be spiffy
    Yinla, adetia and Risiko like this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Allow setting a price on items in your Dragon's Hoard, and let people buy directly from there.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id like a way to show all worn augs to make it easier to find what slot is empty or what slot has the worst aug to replace with a better one. For my main I made an excel spreadsheet with a tab listing what type 7s are in each slot, and separately it lists all type 5s, and then another tab for 18/19s. That way I can see them all at once. I dont want to do that again for an alt though. But as he gains augs it's tedious looking at each worn item to see if it has a good or bad aug in it.
  18. Knifen Augur

Inventory > Find > Second Drop down list Titled Select by Location - Change to Equipped. Granted you then have to go and select what slot aug your looking for but its a start.

Example I search Equipped and Aug Type Slot 5
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

ok thanks. That is helpful and I dont know how I missed it. Makes a list of augs. Would be nicer though if clicking an aug on the list to see what stats it has brought up the aug not the item with the aug in it, but from the names I can at least sort of remember if its one from a couple expacs old.
  20. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Elimination of the Guild Lobby, with a guild hall door directly off PoK. And a return of the original bazaar with arena. A neighborhood zoneline and bulletins posted in PoK maybe on the walls around the main bank. Corpse summoner inside the guild hall.

Alternatively, redesign the lobby, cause it's awful. Or at the very least add elevator music we can't turn off to at least complete the horrible experience it is obviously meant to be.