Pre-Order Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Lyddea New Member

Before preorder login screen showed 17 of 20 owned. After Preorder 20 of 20 owned. They also sent a receipt of payment to my email address.
  2. Tweelis Augur

This is more for the dev's and billing dept but does belong in here IMO.

Would it be possible for people that don't own the lastest expansions to pre-order upcoming expansions before they are released, pay for the upcoming expansion now and get access to all previous expansions now?

I'm also considering reactivating my wife's old account. If I could do what I described above chances are I'd buy CotF now and enjoy all the current stuff for the next 1/2/3/4 weeks before CotF shows up. I also wouldn't mind shelling out the $40 now for content that isn't released for another 1/2/3/4 weeks if it meant I could get my wife's druid and chanter some better gear and AA's. Yea I could remain silver during that time and just get what I can for now but it'd be much nicer to have a couple thousand AA's and at least some RoF tier 1 gear before the expansion.
  3. Darzag Elder

Don't be so picky, I remember going to VoA every night to use lessons. Of course I couldn't solo it. We took a group. When did it become " If I can't solo it, it's too hard"?
    I loved the content in VoA and RoF. Sorry you couldn't make it.
    Keep up the good work EQ
    BTW...I have already preordered CoF for both of my gold accounts.
    I only box when I can't get enough peeps for a group. Maybe the answer is making more friends or joining a good guild. Doing that would be more rewarding than gripeing on the forums.
  4. Keth Journeyman

I know the video from SOE Live said if we buy this expansion we'll get the second part around EQ's bday 2014, but I can't find anything official on the site saying that is still the case. Anyone have official link?
  5. beryon Augur

Can we get more info on the "must-have" merc chest armor for pre-order? We already know merc armor will be available in the expansion content, so what makes this special?
  6. Anianya New Member

I had a chat today with a customer service rep and I removed the names for privacy but this is what they said. THe TSR is the customer service person and the soe is me.

TSR . (Listening)
    TSR .: Hello, I'm TSR .. May I have your first name please?
    soe: i had a question about pre-ordering the new expansion
    TSR.: One moment please, while I look into this for you. Thank You.

Communication with the RightNow Chat service has been lost. Please wait while attempts are made to restore the connection.
    Disconnection in 240 seconds.
    Connection resumed.
    TSR: There has not been any word that Rain of Fear or Veil of Alaris will be included with the new expansion.
    TSR: At the moment if you purchase Rain of Fear it will also include Veil of Alaris.
    TSR: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    soe: so pre-ordering CotF is only for CotF? It will not include the previous expansions?
    TSR: One moment please, let me double check.
    TSR: No details have been given yet. More information will provided the closer the expansions goes live.
    TSR: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    soe: no that is it. thank you very much
    TSR: Thank you for visiting our Sony Online Entertainment customer support chat. Take care and have a nice day!

Don't know if this helps you or not but it's clear that even their customer service department doesn't even know what's going on.
  7. Israfel Elder

Just wanted to let everyone know that after I pre-ordered CotF, some VoA content became available on my account. I could suddenly click from inside bags and place items in guild hall. Before you ask, these are the only 2 things I've tried to do. I haven't traveled to any zones or tried to buy something from the AH.

I do not own RoF or VoA, so these features seemed to be tied to my pre-order.
  8. Tegila Augur

not really. SoD raiding was cake and gear from sod and prior raidso r not is completely irrelevant in VoA and RoF, and if the guy only has aas etc from taht era as well then..maybe he should be working on those things: aas, gear, augs for the current level he's at not 5 year old content. instead ofcomplaining about the expansions here he should probably be asking what he's doing wrong somewhere in his archetype's forums.

personally i had my issues with certain parts of the last few expansions bc i hated them but i didnt find any of them overtuned in general, far as mudflation went that he was comlpaining about in mobs...that started immediately after he quit: UF where mobs had 5x teh hps of SoD and HoT 2x the hps of those, VoA annother 50-60% increase from HoT and on, that wasnt what was wrong with any of those expansions though, it was needed (due to the gear inflation though) HoT was another SoD as far as cakewalks VoA returned in part to UF in difficulty of progression, but progression wasnt necessary for groupers past the first zone which WAS easy, so VoA still easier than UF and i loved UF as an expansion. RoF first tier is way easier than VoA was at the time imo especially with the candy dropping loot pinatas off trash taht hits for 800 and dies in 4 hits, the fantasticcharm that was maxed isntantly after a 5min task that required no killing whatsoever (shard experience etc) and the aug that came with that, and so on. Until you get to the missions later in the expansion theres nothign to complain about in voa or rof, not in the line of killing open zones for xp/loot for sure, unlessy ou're undergeared, under-aad, or underskilled for it
  9. Warpiggs Augur

After pre-ordering CoTF it still says 19 of 20 expansions. Will this goto 20 of 20 when it goes live or something?
  10. Ishtass Augur

Mine shows 20/20.
  11. Leerah Augur

Huh, very interesting! It never worked that way before. Has anyone else tried this?
  12. Povarmonk Elder

So lets keep beating a dead horse here. When will the lower price on the collectors go back to full price<
    ???????!
  13. Shugz New Member

Yeah, it did the same for me.
  14. Anianya New Member

I decided to go ahead and do the pre-order and did the collector's edition. I had 17/20 and when I went in game it showed 20/20. I was able to lvl my char from 90 to 91 and was able to zone into a VoA zone Argath from the guild hall portal. I didn't try any RoF zones yet but I was able to get my 91 spells and use them and was able to purchase a VoA AA that was available at lvl 91. Hope this info is helpful.
    Quatr and oogolx like this.
  15. Kraelic New Member

Why does this expansion not include prior claims? I received the HoT collectors items when I purchased the VoA Collectors edition. VoA and RoF collectors editions are just not worth the money by themselves unlike like HoT and the 16 and 20 slot 999 claim bags. One 24 and one 32 bag per expansion per account is a joke even at a discount $60 instead of $90.

Does CotF collectors include 999 claims of the 32 and 36 slot bags? If so, I would buy right now for my main account. And if the prior expansion claims are included my second account would get a sale too.
  16. Rolander New Member

Have a question. I own up to House of Thule expan. If I pre order Call of the Forsaken now will it give me all the content now so I can play in VOA and ROA with benefits? Or do I have to wait until Forsaken comes to play VOA and ROA with benefits?
  17. Eaglestiker Journeyman

All I really want to know is when is release so I know when I am going to be charged so I can plan my bills.
  18. Velnarin Lorekeeper

I'm probably among the most understanding of folks if the art for the Collector's pre-order items isn't done yet but if the sale ends without pictures being released I'm going to be ten flavors of displeased. I agree with the other posters here; People like to see what they're buying. T4 was practically just released; It should not be a grueling race, at cost to doing things right, to push it out the door. You wouldn't buy a car you've never seen but you probably would never buy it if they told you you'll get a discount on it if you buy it without seeing it first and the price skyrockets when you do get a peek. Please be careful about this.
  19. Keth Journeyman

/agreeing with darn near everyone.

Pictures of items, please.
    More description on items and features, including level restrictions. My highest is 71...this toplevel blah doesn't apply to me, isn't worth my money.
    More details, more details, more details!
  20. kenmei Augur

I would honestly buy a collector's for all 3 of my accounts, just like I did for HoT if the bags were 999 claimed. But if not, it's just more money I shell out for another game, where EQ could've had it. I don't understand why they are taking this weird road since HoT, but as a very dedicated silver player, my purchases have slowed down tremendously since I don't feel they want me around.
    I still wish they would implement the EQ2 matrix and allow us to purchase unlockers for prestige gear and augs. I have been playing the beta and it's nothing but prestige gear, so as a silver, the only advantage to buying the expac atm is the extra bags, and extra bixie merc per toon (don't get me started if it's also only one).