Pre-Order Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Mukkul Augur

The link at the top of this thread is wrong but if you click through a few times you get to this page which shows you the list of items for pre-order, standard, and "collector's".

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content
  2. Liliana Augur

Pics of items, stats and #s claimable please!
    Ishtass likes this.
  3. Everstorm Augur

Is the bixie merc the same model as the caster dps merc already in game?
  4. Tegila Augur

this is first time since housign came out afaik that there is no bonus painting for ordering CE :/ wtb more paintings! and yes, quantities of items: 1 or 999 of waht?
  5. Tegila Augur

also can you please create a way to buy multiples from 1 account then jsut give us the extra codes to add to our alts etc? i havent had thisissue myself but i konw many have, when preordering multiple accounts some companies refuse the charges since they're all put through at the same time and for the same amounts, would also make it nice for those that want to purchase as a gift without giving out their cc info or breaking eula to log into another's acct to do so.

if there are plans in the NEAR future to create a way to buy expansions in stores like msot games do now (jsut sell an expansion card no need for discs/packaging) or to purchase with kronos or another type of krono just for expansions, then this wouldnt be necessary, but it's been an issue for people for several years now especially since the big hack
  6. JT11111 New Member

Is their a tentative release date?
  7. Silenceisgolden New Member

I'm with Yinla. All you are giving is fluff details and nothing about the expac itself. I'm really getting tired of the apathetic no information approach SOE is taking with it's customers lately.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Orbicus Journeyman

Same. Ive seen no real information regarding what this expansion is even about lore-wise. Can anybody fill me in?
  9. EddieP Lorekeeper

Before i can commit to pre-order i would like to know:
    1) What is the minimum level for new missions
    2) At what level do the MAJORITY of Merc AA become available
    3) Will merc equiptment be available at all levels or just high levels.
    4) Is there a level limit on the claim item

Thanks
  10. Mitsune Elder

Well, that is partially true. The US$ price is without taxes. With taxes I payed 72 UD$. Also, even as a European you can pay in US$ (it a setting in your account). I am doing this for 14 years now and it is cheaper than paying the EUR amount. How much cheaper depends on the daily currency conversion rate, though.
  11. Tegila Augur

there are several threads up discussing the unveiling and discussion of cotf that was done at SOE Live, there isnt any further information available for htem TO post yet anyway and im sure some things are still being added or adjusted. the claim items however dont ahveto be tuned/balanced or wahtever so they can tell you now whaty ou're getting, the other stuff just opened in beta 2 days ago, i doubt its finalized enough to advertise without risk of faulty advertising if something changes in the enxt month
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How can you buy a product if you don't know what you're getting? How can they not know what they are giving us?

for example preorder email I had for HoT, tells me exactly what I was getting, there should be the same information available for CotF along with a timeline of when to expect the content not available for release.

Choose from EverQuest House of Thule or
    EverQuest House of Thule Collector's Edition

Both include EverQuest House of Thule and all previously released expansion packs.

Pre-Order Station Store Digital Download
    $39.99
    Special in-game items included!

• Live Topiary Mount
    • 16 Slot Bag
    • 2 Extra Bag Slots
    • Wailing Contract Mercenary*
    • House of Thule Key Art Painting
    Pre-Order Collector's Edition Digital Download
    [IMG]Special Pre-Order Price$89.99.
    Several unique in-game items included!

• Live Topiary Mount
    • Dead Topiary Mount
    • Gnoll Pup Leash
    • Sword of Truth Template
    • 20 Slot Bag
    • 2 Extra Bag Slots
    • Wailing Contract Mercenary
    • Discordant Contract Mercenary
    • House of Thule Key Art Painting
    • House of Thule In-Game Painting
    [IMG]
    Live Topiary Mount [IMG]
    Dead Topiary Mount
    *Exclusive to pre-order

[IMG]

[IMG]

New House of Thule Game Features:

[IMG]+5 Level Increase - Achieve a new max level of 90 and set a new standard of gameplay

More than 800 AAs - Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm

In-Game Housing Addition - Make your permanent mark on the world! Collect and display treasured items

[IMG]New Housing Trophy System - Display your trophies and receive statistical benefits

Hundreds of New Housing Items - Decorate your house to your own style

18 Raids - Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures

[IMG]13 Zones - Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath

450+ Spells - Exponentially add to your caster's arsenal

17 Missions - Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions

[IMG]120+ Quests - Challenge your skills and gather useful loot

Inventory Increase - Indulge the packrat in you and collect even more game goodies

Marton likes this.
  13. Laedyinya New Member

As a regular SOE Live attendee it would be nice to be able to pre-order the collector's edition upgrade at the discounted price. Is there any way we might be shown the credit of the expansion order to our account and have an upgrade option at pre-sale price before the presale is over?
  14. Tegila Augur

*snip* Yinla:

the only stuff mentioned there is 5new levels, itnroduction of housing and everythign ot go with it, the usual new zones new aas new spells (which we alreayd know: no new levels, but yes new spells new aas new zones new raids, new mercenary aas and gear, new ldon-like missions, etc the only part of all of that that is a feature not a gimme, is the merc aa/gear and different style of missions. in the HoT email you got the only feature was the housingstuff (it mentions inventory increase but didnt say it was 2 new bagslots or waht) etc so they dont have exact numbers to give you yet tahts why its not written up all nice n neat yet, how long in advance did you order HoT? was it 4 weeks give or take from launch? they announced a tentative date of launch for cotf as about 4 weeks from now, they announced no new levels, they announced the merc aas and gear, they announced hte new missions. so it's not in writing yet, dont order it yet then theres still a month or more left til the pre-order cuts off, you can even order right up to the minute before servers come down that night if you want to and still get pre-order, its a little early to be up in arms about it no? if it was the last week before launch and there was no more in writing id be concerned
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not up in arms about it. There are just things I still want to know about before ordering anything. That House of Thule email I received 10th September and it was launched 12th October, the same time frame we are looking at now. If you read that mail properly it does tell you that it is 2 extra bag slots, it also tells you how many zones, raids and missions and gives you a minimum number of quests, AAs and spells.

We lacked info on what was happening all through RoF, I'm not prepared to do that again. They have 4 - 6 weeks to get that info out, so there is still time for them to sell the expansion to me.
  16. Haflin Rainjer New Member

quick question regarding expansion orders.
    Currently stuck in HoT after a break. If I pre-order this, do I get access to VoA and RoF now? or not until the new one goes live?

Thanks!
  17. Hatsee Augur

Not till it goes live unless they change something, which they have not done ever.
  18. Haflin Rainjer New Member

ahh gotcha...thanks for the info....sucks...but thanks for the info =P
  19. Tegila Augur

click the "order now" button when you log in and it'll tell you all the things you're asking about, just might not be posted on teh site yet maybe. as far as numbers though those can change and probably why theyre not listed. if they ever promised us 14 raids and noly delivered 13 you know all hell would break loose lol
  20. Crystilla Augur

Clicking the link that's been posted twice (at least once by Mukkul) gives you what the different items are for each version. (No images, just the breakdown).

[IMG] [IMG]
    In-Game Items:
    $39.99 standard --- $89.99 but with a special price right now of $59.99 collector's
    Vestments of the Forsaken (Mercenary Chest Armor) — Only Available with Pre-Order! [IMG] [IMG]
    Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack (32 Slot Bag) [IMG] [IMG]
    Gargoyle Statue (House and Yard Item) [IMG] [IMG]
    Tirun House Pet / Familiar [IMG] [IMG]
    Painting: Naythox Thex [IMG] [IMG]
    Painting: Cristanos Thex [IMG] [IMG]
    Mark of Neriak (Neriak Neon Sign) [IMG] [IMG]
    Honeycomb Satchel (36 Slot Bag) [IMG]
    Hive of the Bixie (Bixie Honeycomb House) [IMG]
    Mount: Ethernere Wurm [IMG]
    Contract of the Bixie (Bixie Mercenary) [IMG]
    Pirlo likes this.