Pre-Order Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Ishtass Augur

2. savrin Augur

A date for when it goes live would be nice too. So people don't miss out on the pre-order if they wait too long. And it is understandable to me why people would wait if they don't even know exactly what they are getting this expansion.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

I just went through this entire thread looking for screenshots of the new "bonus" items, and.. well.. I should have expected as much.
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Somebody New Member

Echoing others with request for dates and a few more details. Four items is hardly enough to justify an extra $20 (and seriously - $90 after pre-order? are you kidding me?) for the collector's edition unless you can tell me why those four items are so very awesome. I'm excited about the idea of LDoN 2.0, but the lack of details makes me nervous. A release date for the first part of the expansion would go a long way toward getting me to pre-order.
  5. Sinzz Augur

hmm ok I clicked on the link on front of this thread and it was a dns error, really?
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

I just received yellow text across my screen, "You only have 15 minutes until the end of this expansion."
  7. Tobynn Augur

Fixed!
  8. Qualzek Augur

Any release date yet?
  9. Doktor New Member

I think we are all wondering that, and why this wasn't included in the pre-order info. Some official news on the release date would really help.

Also would be nice if we could see all the information about the pre-order /claim stuff like last expansion, were it was presented with item information on a webpage. Especially information regarding the new claimable merc armor -Vestments of the Forsaken (Mercenary Chest Armor.
  10. savrin Augur

Now, more than ever the expansion needs to be good for EQ to still matter to a lot of people. The fact the only things I know about the release date is "sometime in september" is not a good thing. SoE needs become fully transparent with their customers if they want them to buy this.

Also the content seems to be very lacking so a lot people may very well feel burned if they pre-order and have to take a year off because very little content is there and no level cap increase and very minimal gains from AAs.
  11. Ishtass Augur

With beta testing still underway, I don't think they know the date yet.
  12. Tobynn Augur

Oh, they know the release date, trust that. Also, once the release date has been determined, there is no pushing it back. Don't think the devs begin working those 20 hour days when new content release time rolls around because the target date is flexible or in any way an estimate. Their work days suddenly and predictably double in length because that date is carved in stone. "We're not done yet" is not an option.
  13. Ishtass Augur

I work for a software company that has to announce release dates too. We announce when we know we can hit it. And I get to work those 20 hour days too because little things will always creep in.
  14. Tobynn Augur

So you well know that it isn't done when its done ... its done when the date arrives. done or not.
  15. Ishtass Augur

Correct. But we don't go placing those dates earlier than necessary. Usually based on promises made by sales to customers in our case. I'm sure there's a date that helps their bottom line to release by, and that'll influence it a great deal. And there's probably a date set internally as a goal date, but those can be pushed back if needed a lot more easily than a publicly released date.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The date will be the 27th september - because that is when I go away with work and no internet!

I have no real idea but its sods law thats when it will be.
  17. savrin Augur

There is likely a higher up suit type at SoE that tells the devs when they "suggest" the expansion go live(if they like being still employed) by. This is how middle management works at large companies. If this was not the case, there would be a lot more time spent on fixing stuff before it is released. The boss always get what they want even if its not good for customers or the business.

SoE has a long track record of releasing bugged content when if they just did some good QA for a bit there would be no issue at all.

Why even let people pre-order without knowing when the live date is? Especially since bonus items are not available after said live date and the sale on the far too expensive option ends once it goes live.
  18. Qualzek Augur

HAHA.... I've been predicting the release will be the 25th or 26th.....
  19. Leerah Augur

Turned out to be prophetic for people who had pre-ordered in order to unlock ROF!
  20. Doktor New Member

Still no official word on the release date?