Pally Balance?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hostility, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Warpeace Augur

Sure if you think and say so...LOL:p
    Wait I can still get getter mitigation...OMG Warriors are so not getting a raid invite
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There's nothing difficult to imagine, but it's not enough. Also, how is it "unique"?

Many many raids don't even have rampage, and Paladins do it equally well. It's more of a "well, you've got nothing else to do so here do this" than anything else.
  3. p2aa Augur

4. Warpeace Augur

Why go to that thread your here doing a good job keeping it going.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. p2aa Augur

I understand that you want to keep this thread hidden, truth hurts I know.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There's really no point in feeding. It's getting up there with BB like levels of pointlessness.
    Elricvonclief and Xanathol like this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Exactly, he is bouncing around multiple threads trying the same thing over and over. Guess he can have his fun or whatever it is he want to call it. Only Bad Warriors should be remotely worried with the latest changes and even then its a maybe.
    Elricvonclief and Sheex like this.
  8. Gnomeland Augur

So they have to make sure they design 1/3rd of the events every expansion to require Shadow Knights...? This simply replaces one problem, with another. And in case you're going to tell me, "well not require Shadow Knights, Warriors ought to still be able to tank them fine," then we're back to the beginning. Not to mention how hard it is to actually make this work for groups, unless your idea only applies to raids, in which case, challenging group content cannot exist because Warriors, before the changes, had a huge tank advantage over Knights.

How about they just stop making Paladins into Clerics? The class having support abilities is fine, and "support" for Warrior can just be an increase in DPS. But no tank class ought to be doing support as its primary work on raids.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

The only thing that directly nerfed Warriors was the inability to stack 2h prof / shield spec which was not likely intended in the first place. The worry is mostly ideological at this point; the dev team doesn't seem to be taking Warriors' interests into consideration. From a more practical position, I agree with you: it's unlikely we're going to see Knights or NPCs further tuned to the point Warriors are no longer capable as tanks. But implying that the Warrior class is in a better place today than 18 months ago is a different argument entirely.
  10. Cecil1 Journeyman

SK's OT, RT, Kite, even special duties because of their flexibility aye? Hell they can handle the boss for abit if needed, that's awesome. What's the problem?
  11. Warpeace Augur

That's where my opinion Warriors need some quality utility comes in. Would help increase the desirability over well he's a big fat tank that doesn't topple over but besides that he is useless when not tanking.

I would rather Warriors stay as the premier raid tank and Knights be able to fill in short term tank line gaps. Not sure there are many Knights that really want to replace or be completely equal with warriors as we all need a reliable role, the main problem is we don't have the same role when grouping as raiding...its give and take.

I'm accepting of Paladin group healing and splash raid healing / curing and ramp / off tanking on raids, it fills a needed role in keeping HP pools filled and Splash cures allow better healers to focus on the job of healing. Doesn't get you into the MT line but as a class we have an active raid role. Filling in for 2-3 min as a fake and bake Warrior is acceptable because it allows the Warriors time to get up, buffed and med a little then take back over. Warriors are just better equipped for it if we like it or not.

Reavers Bargain I think was a good attempt at allowing a SK to step in and save a raid while Warriors recover. The trade off is they are useless once its run its course, but they did their job.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Cecil1 Journeyman

No you wont be MT but if your raid leader prefers your mitigation style you most probably will end up in the MTO and MT group for aura and support/close splashing/back up, the list goes on. Wars are first in MTO.

Basically I have no clue why pallies needed this new stance, the dps? Ok nice, didn't need the mitigation, I impose and protect whenever wherever possible as raid allows(shining yay). If a pally used the mitigation spells they wouldn't need the new stance, I don't need it, will I use it? SURE. But I sure as heck don't need it.
  13. Cecil1 Journeyman

HI there, can you explain what doesn't work and why?
    Impose stacks with protection and shining with discs. Vie Doesn't.
    The new DP? It says it doesn't.

How is this not working? Please explain?
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Again....please cite the "unique" things brought to the table by the SK class in a raid. Nothing listed above is unique other than maybe kiting - our instant cast terrors and targeted ae hate make us a little better than the others, but there's nothing stopping other classes (even non tanks) from doing it, nor is it a "role" designers typically like or propagate.

-OT'ing is shared by all 3 tanks and prior to these changes was best done by warriors outside of fringe (swarm or stun) situations.
    -RT was a Pal thing up until very very recently, and is now shared by both Knights due to DA hammer. It could be our thing now, since Pal have other useful raid things to do and we don't.
    -Kiting is not a role that anyone wants to do in raids. They make a lot of adds summon at 100 or have anti kite mechanics specifically to prevent this, and have you ever seen anyone (without sarcasm) say SKs should be kiting? It's a joke.
    -What "special duties because of our flexibility"?? Snaring things? Fd pulling? Casting VoT? Clicking our epic 2.0 for group mates? Ty'vyl's Resolve for a slight raid dps increase for thirty seconds every 15 minutes?

You don't seem to get it - the two knight classes are very, very different in a raid environment. Good players still provide meaningful contributions regardless of class, but the SK class as a whole has a glaring lack of what it brings to the table in a raid format, especially recently when expansion size and raid quantity has plummeted.

.....and that's the problem, and one that knight stances doesn't necessarily solve, while potentially revisiting old issues for warriors.
    Dre. likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Not necessarily. You're thinking too small, here. Though I suspect SK raid utility may not be something you want anyway. Other SK's do however, and the right idea is out there somewhere.
    I honestly have no idea what this would look like, but this line of thinking definitely represents a new direction for Warriors. Maybe expanding Imperator's abilities. Keep in mind these were received very poorly by the Warrior community. Other items might be positioning tools, though our best was recently nerfed.

No, I 'd prefer QoL fixes for lower level Warriors to come first. Raiding Warriors have historically been happy with their Raid role. It's SK's who have been asking for one for years.
  16. Gnomeland Augur

I've seen no such idea that is popular across the Shadow Knight community, and it's been ten, even fifteen years. The only raid role I remember Shadow Knights actually playing is running around in a circle, and being off tanks before the 2014 changes, which made Warriors the best at all forms of tank. Oh, and they were able to tank from distance - ie being summon tanks, but developers didn't want that.

As it is, short of forcing a new role into raids, I don't see any way of providing them with a role that doesn't involve having around Warrior level tank ability. Before these changes, whatever Warriors found challenging to tank, would destroy Knights. Thus, Knights were simply not capable of replacing Warriors in any tank situation except for when they abuse a 13 year old item. That is what created the problem with Shadow Knights who didn't have a support role to fall back on.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

18. p2aa Augur

Only bad knights should be worried that warriors are a threat to them, and whining in a stupid thread full of it "How does the Dev team see SK ?".
  19. Warpeace Augur

Well like it or not Reaver's Bargain allows a SK to fill in for a warriors and save the raid if they all drop for 2 min with epic running? Possibly the best a Knight will get for filling a Warriors shoes for a short period of time. Its a stop gap really but something, still need something more full time though. Better debuff, heal they can use while ramp tanking or something group or raid shared would be interesting. This would free up Paladins to off tank, group heal and splash, so they could probably use a little something there to help support it.
  20. Cecil1 Journeyman

OT: What's your point? Sounds like it's not a problem at all.
    RT: Wars have stepped up when needed to RT. No problem there.
    Kiting: Yes. Again what's your problem with this job? You FD as an SK so help kite and pull.
    Special Duties: Use your imagination. Not a problem again. Maybe you are trying to not be unique have you considered that?

I disagree with your ideas of SK role in raids, they are just fine. They are what they were meant to be, a necro that tanks.

I do agree that the stances are unnecessary.