Pally Balance?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hostility, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Xanathol Augur

Is this 2006? A thread with BB & Frod either clamoring for 1 tank class or speaking of some imaginary 'binary' point in tanking? This week is just dripping with nostalgia!
  2. p2aa Augur

We don't care of the group game, we care that you are able to MT Raid Bosses as good as warriors, which is the warrior class niche. We don't say you should not MT them too, but you should at a greater risk cost, not needing the same healer number to keep you alive than your parent class.
    This is why a 15 % defensive proficiency would allow you this, while allowing you to tank Raid trash adds which you needed a boost there.
  3. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Outside of AE curing via Paladin splash heals, there is no reason to have a knight with the huge, clear cut mitigation advantages plus the aggro control tools of Warriors warriors. It's not like either of the knight classes are solo tanking things like Lifeblood Golems without outside healing support.

There are also examples of knights being perceived to be inferior or a drain on the group's exp intake throughout the years which lead to them being unwanted and underutilized in groups. It's not like it used to be when Warriors had problems controlling aggro due to a reliance on rune procing weapons and a total lack of instant cast at-range, at-will aggro producing utility spells / abilities. Warriors are currently the best option in all tanking roles outside of solo / molo situations or stun tanking.

As far as the group game / raid game - it's silly to ignore the whole group game just to make sure that the top 8 to 10 warriors on any given server are kept happy and their egos are properly fed. I'm sure that's not how you meant it, but that's how it comes across.
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

What so many are missing is how far paladins have fallen behind warriors over the last 2 years.

I've seen this with my own eyes while raiding, and while frustrating, it's nice to see an adjustment is incoming.

How can warriors legitimately cry foul if things return to what they were? It used to be warriors were a 10, knights an 8 or 9 depending. Now knghts are more like a 6 or 7, depending on the job.

A boost back to 8 or 9 sounds great to me.
    Imrahil, Mayfaire, Silv and 2 others like this.
  5. Thancra Loladin

It will be exactly like that, except the risk doesn't turn to "not doable unless fully geared into expansion" on 3/4 of the raid bosses.
    The parent class from the beginning of the game blabla is quite funny to explain how the game should be balanced in 2016, things changed you know.
    Nightops likes this.
  6. wingz-83 Augur

Pallies don't NEED balance..pallies are THE balance.
  7. p2aa Augur

Before the patch... And it's right imo. We signed to have the best "raw" mitigation of the 3 tank classes.
    Clerics have the best healing power of the 3 priests classes in all situations ?

Let's see you are a 75 % warrior and 25 % necro or cleric. Which makes u at most 7,5 in term of warrior power imo. 8 to 9 is overpowered.

The fact that Raid Boss MT is the warrior class niche is something that should not change, that we are in 2000 or 2016
  8. Vtull Augur

That niche is not healthy for the raid game.
  9. Silv Augur

I just logged in and every Lv 105 warrior just exploded as the pieces of sky crashed down upon them. :rolleyes:
    Imrahil, Sheex, Elricvonclief and 2 others like this.
  10. Cecil1 Journeyman

Pretty sure there's events a knight is used to ramp tank, I'd like to see any other class attempt to RT vim and vigor both. Would be funny, and alot of splats. Knights do have raid roles, so do Wars.
  11. p2aa Augur

Just in your dreams.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Enlighten us, what is the current, unique raid role for the shadowknight?
  13. Ghubuk Augur

Kiting.....because apparently only sk's can run around in circles.
  14. Dre. Altoholic

I am starting to wonder if SK's really even want this anymore. I challenge the SK community to:
    1. Devise a unique raid role that appeals to most members of the class
    2. Rally the members of the community around a singular idea
    3. Lobby it to the devs in a widely-supported, unified fashion
    You can count me in for #2 and #3. Feel free to reach out if you'd like some ideas for #1 as well.
  15. Warpeace Augur

But is that to the Left or the Right?:confused:
  16. Quuq Apprentice

Hold it right there, buddy. Let's keep it to one holy war at a time!
  17. Gnomeland Augur

Why should any class have a completely different role in raids than they do in groups? The game design requirements become absurd when you have a dozen different roles all of which must be supported by the raid content, and would explain in and of itself why developers, who do not want the burden of having to design for a dozen different roles, would make this change.

Take the example of a new role, "fear tank" - ie a role where the tank controls the monster/monsters by the use of fear spells. Now, every raid must be designed to require 1-3 "fear tanks" else Shadow Knights would have no role in the raid. Why would developers ever want to do this? They'd be creating limitations for their own design and have to spend additional effort every raid. Much easier to just make Shadow Knights tank as well as Warriors because then you can design for two classes with one tank role.
  18. Iila Augur

And here's the failing portion. No matter how much community support there is behind an idea, getting the devs to pay any attention is near impossible. And god forbid a change would require anything involving spells, because then you'd have to get Aristo to acknowledge communications from players, which just does not happen.
    Dre., Elricvonclief, Drayze and 5 others like this.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

Work is hard. Easier to steal from others. Got it.

Perhaps others are up to the challenge.
  20. Silv Augur

Perhaps all future beta spell feedback can be conducted through Twitter since that's the only indication that he actually exists :rolleyes:
    Drayze, Iila and Sancus like this.