Pally Balance?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hostility, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Warpeace Augur

TBM has a bunch of undead and Undead raid mobs.
  2. Solo New Member

Agree guess what bothers me the most its lack of dps. Since I know ev1 in raid gets impact from the debuff.
  3. Shiea Augur

Yeah you getting runes just won't happen. Sorry not sorry, but runes are an enchanter thing.
  4. Triconix Augur

I had the same mentality with defensive. Lo and behold, knights have it now. Now I'm sitting here waiting for warriors to get some self heals :(
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

It's worth pointing out that knights did not get "defensive" discs because warriors had them, but because all melee classes but knights had mitigation/avoidance disciplines. And even then, their discs are still below what warriors have.

I am not a fan of giving knights the innate 5% mitigation warriors have as a mean of balance, though, since this one felt like a warrior specific feature, and spreading it around cheapens it. I would rather tune encounters to not expect it, but i guess that's too much work.
    Xanathol likes this.
  6. Triconix Augur

1) I was being facetious
    2) Knights had mitigation abilities well before they got (un)holy guardian. It's a scaled-down version of the original warrior mitigation ability: Defensive Discipline. I wasn't speaking of all Mitigation discs, just one very specific one that was supposed to be a warrior only one and was over over a decade. But it's not anymore.
    3) Read point two. Then read BB's quote about Defensive from the ex-dev. Then read point one.
    4) Lightbulb! :)
  7. Taiqwon Augur

I'm not saying that pallys should or should not get whatever but it's worth pointing out that SOE/DBG have farmed out other class "defining" abilities to most other classes before. It wouldn't be anything new in this case.
  8. Silv Augur

^This.

Lol @ a Bard actually wanting to associate with their 'parent' class now though. That's rich. Well, as soon as you hand over all those special broken immunities to raid AEs and resistance to charm, etc. we can talk :cool:

With this development team... anything is possible! Or, if you get it on accident by some freak bug at least you get to enjoy it for 6 - 8 months before it's nerfed.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't forget the inevitable freak outs, hunger strikes and DPRK style threats when it's fixed, because don't take meh fun, Devs! I was supposed to be immortal with my epic 2.0 click running, be able to headshot swarms of mobs with impunity, beam an entire zone, be DA infinitely and generally win teh game accordingly.
    Quuq, Elricvonclief and Silv like this.
  10. Silv Augur

You forgot... replenish your entire mana bar back in 20 seconds endlessly and also maintain a 350%+ DD damage mod on your group 90% of the time too :p
    Elricvonclief and Sheex like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Well, compared to the others ench were mostly pretty sane about those changes, with the exception of our good buddy from Zek and even he had pretty odd/fringe reasoning to his displeasure.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Warlords resurgence. A 20k heal and a 450 hp a tick once every 10 minutes. If you somehow live long enough for the heal over time to run it's full duration it should negate probably 2 hits.
  13. Triconix Augur

I'd rather not lose my only endurance regen buff!
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

I'm sure bards would also love a piece of that chanter dps :p
  15. Silv Augur

I'd be okay with meaningful Bard DPS increases :)
    Phrovo1 likes this.
  16. Reval Augur

Do you guys still think I was upset about losing infinite mana or the nuke mods? I think you just skimmed the thread if that's the case. It's hard to discuss it reasonably with you guys anyways since there's always some random blowback for basically no reason whatsoever. Gotta live with the prejudice I guess. =P
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Nah man, you were upset about the heal crystals from recollection because of their Zek impact. I get why, it's just one of a multitude of things that affect your server differently than all of the other ones.
  18. Reval Augur

No one ever really gave a solid example of heal crystals ever being op. The thread was just a torrential downfall of likes sharks that wanted to say "well I'M so good I NEVER use that ability, YOU must be AWFUL!", "Sanguine was totally overpowered because..you must be a bad player if you can't solo nameds without sanguine crystals" (and then no reason why it was overpowered) and other random gems. Really not the kind of fish tank you'd let in your house.

I get that people didn't want large changes for one server, but the attitude they chose made it impossible to even discuss it. Even if I took pvp off the table, which I tried to do and then people would keep trying to insinuate it back in, the ability was never really overpowered in pve without azure's infinite mana due to it's weak amount of healing. I was hoping for the conversation to either go in the direction of "maybe this ability's heal should be more than 10k. It's 1990 already", or "it would be nice if the devs thought about their nerfs more, and targeted them in a more precise and sensible way" (like the previous nerf from the previous time this exact situation happened - see my post where I mention that and then get ridiculed for knowing history). In any case, I'm not really a player that plays on Zek anymore, so I guess now I can use camouflage to go back into the flock if I get bored enough to bother with it.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My only beef with it post change is that in its current form it's like as weak as heal pots that anyone can use. If one is going to create the crystal at the cost of mana and hotkey it, having it heal for a reasonable amount (say, 40 or 50k) wouldn't be out of line imo.
  20. Gundolin Augur

Maybe its cause my main is a Cleric but I can't imagine ever not wanting a warrior. Usually when I group with Warriors I feel like they are OP.