Paladin future needs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Redemption, Jul 18, 2018.

1. shiftie Augur

Any current data out there on resist rates on admonish line in modern raids the mr check of -15 along with the cast time has always been a draw back vs the -55 of the remembrance line?

What are you doing to balance the 1 sec cast time during burn enhancements with HHE?
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Some of the fixes going into the current test patch that effect Paladins:

*** Spells & AA ***
    - Paladin - Added endurance restoration to all three ranks of Marr's Gift.
    - Paladin - Activating Lay on Hands on an unfriendly target will now direct the heal to that target's target. Ranks 31+ of Lay on Hands now have a 100% chance to heal critically.
    - Paladin - Gift of Life has been changed to an area-effect heal and is now on timer 38 so it can be activated independently of Lay on Lands. Adjusted the healing values. Ranks 4+ now have a 100% chance to heal critically.
    - Paladin - Added the ability line Hastened Undivided Affirmation.
    - Paladin - Adjusted the hate-override value of Tunare's Grace and Blessing of Tunare.
    - Multiple - Gravitate and Fling abilities have been changed to work on targets up to 3 levels above the caster (up from 1 level below the caster), this includes Bard's Lure of the Siren's Song, Enchanter's Rune of Banishment, Monk's Moving Mountains, Paladin's Divine Call, Shadowknight's Hate's Attraction, and Warrior's Warlord's Grasp.

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Fixed an issue where NPCs would not consistently attribute proper hate for casters of beneficial spells that have hate override values.
    - - Ex: The healing component of the Paladin spell Valiant Defense will now generate the intended amount of hatred.
    - Bash attacks that do not deal damage and do not stun the target will no longer have an 80% chance to interrupt the target's spell casting.
    - Made the following changes to root spells:
    - - Reduced the likelihood that direct-damage spells will break root on a target.
    - - The chance for direct-damage spells to break root is now further reduced if you are a higher level than your target.
    - - Archery and throwing attacks now have a small chance to break root.
    - - Hitting yourself with a direct-damage spell will no longer roll a chance to break root/snare.
  3. Warpeace Augur

I looked those up and Tunare's Grace is a cleric AA, Blessing of Tunare is a Druid AA.
  4. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Yeah, I didn't know WTH they were talking about either and the test patch threads were still closed at that time. AFAIK, they meant Cleric / Druid instead of Paladin for those.

Here are the Cleric / Druid spells:

[41107/41107] Tunare's Grace I
    Classes: CLR/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Hate: 4000
    1: Increase Current HP by 14210
    Heals #1 health.

[50913/41107] Tunare's Grace II
    Classes: CLR/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 200'
    Casting: 0s
    Hate: 4000
    1: Increase Current HP by 15000
    Heals #1 health.

[46161/46161] Blessing of Tunare I
    Classes: DRU/254
    Skill: Alteration
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 200', AE Range: 75'
    Casting: 1s
    Hate: 2500
    1: Increase Current HP by 13235
    This ability, when activated bathes all allies within 75 feet of your target in a burst of healing light, healing them for 13235 points of damage.

[48775/46161] Blessing of Tunare II
    Hate: 3000
    1: Increase Current HP by 15430
    This ability, when activated bathes all allies within 75 feet of your target in a burst of healing light, healing them for 15430 points of damage.

[51194/46161] Blessing of Tunare III
    1: Increase Current HP by 16500
    This ability, when activated bathes all allies within 75 feet of your target in a burst of healing light, healing them for 16500 points of damage.

[51195/46161] Blessing of Tunare IV
    1: Increase Current HP by 17500
    This ability, when activated bathes all allies within 75 feet of your target in a burst of healing light, healing them for 17500 points of damage.

Pretty sure it's just a typo because when you look at what they did, they lowered the hate value on all of those heals to 100. Pretty sure that's the opposite of what we'd want and is just a fix now that the witness checks work.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Aye fixing the witness check meant they had to fix all the (albeit few) spells with hate mod, Paladin or not. Clerics and Druids don't want or need to take 3000 hate per witness for those abilities.

Valiant Healing hate mod has also been reduced by 67% as well, so let's see how that compares to warrior and shadowknight AoE hate now that it's reliably applied to all NPC that have the target on their hate list (witnesses).

For paladins who've gotten used to chain casting Valiant Defense as a quick (self) heal, and btw its casting has not been changed, get ready to adapt your behavior to its new degree of AoE hate.

Thanks to Dzarn and Devs for listening to this entire discussion thread.
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  6. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Just so people see the change instead of having to look it up themselves:
    Valiant Healing:
    - Hate Mod changed from '6462' to '2100'
    Valiant Healing II:
    - Hate Mod changed from '6785' to '2206'
    Valiant Healing III:
    - Hate Mod changed from '7124' to '2316'

It'll be interesting to see the effects now that the witness checks are fixed.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Also note that level 98 Valiant Deflection heals have not been adjusted down, so they are going to be relatively (not absolutely) more powerful at AoE hate then level 105 spell.

@Dzarn if you wait a year to fix this then you'll have complaints that level 105 isn't a good upgrade to 98 or that you nerfed level 98 ;)
  8. Warpeace Augur

Upside at current level you cant fizzle it:p
  9. Livvy_CT Elder

I wouldn’t mind some new auras, one that generates more aggro, whether Ae or single, one that boosts AC
  10. Stephen51 Augur

I don't think DB would go with that. Warriors already have an AC aura.

Unless they gave both to all the tank classes (whilst still only being able to activate one at a time).

Or they could maybe make another aura, "the SK one", something Offensive, maybe like a Damage Shield Aura? Or a lifetap aura (adds a chance to life tap from melee and/or spells).
    Then give all three to each tank class and you could have a choice of which one to use in group/raid set up.
  11. Razorfall Augur

The only thing I can't stand right now are all the short duration buffs that have counters. If it's got counters why does it need to be so low? Increase the timers and throw them in a combination spell/aa
  12. Livvy_CT Elder

I would be cool to have two new auras, one that increased our tanking ability but hindered our healing and another that increased our healing but hindered tanking, just a thought.
  13. Maedhros High King

Other than when they went back and added some lower level versions of the original auras we got in The Devastation, there has been very little work on auras for pretty much any of the classes.

They did just give shammys an aura with this new patch but it was in the name of consolidating two separate AA lines for them and was most likely just the easiest solution.

I tend to doubt that we will see any change with paladin auras unless it is at the cost of some consolidation of our AA's.
    Some of the idea's sound very similar to what we saw with weapon stances. As much as I do like the concept of stances and situational auras, those things tend to stack too well with other abilities and get out of balance pretty quick.
  14. Livvy_CT Elder

My reason behind the similarities to weapon stances is due to the fact we always get well you’ve got healing, so you can’t have anything else, but I do see what you’re saying about balance, that’s above my pay grade.
  15. Maedhros High King

Right, they have done a few things that hurt our healing but improve the dps, so we can keep our fingers crossed.
  16. p2aa Augur

Knight mitigation is good atm, I don't think you you need an improvement in your mitigation.
    There is one thing that you could ask though, it's a paladin version of Reaver's Bargain.
    Both knights always had the same mitigation discs (bar a few differences, but the main bulk, mitigation %, is the same).
    Given this trend, I don't know why paladins didn't receive their own version of Reaver's Bargain. Call it Crusader's Bargain ? :)
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Not saying to not ask but not everything is the same. SK's dont get a version of splash either.
  18. Aelen Augur

The change to Gift of Life and Lay on Hands doesn't make the HoT portion autocrit. Just the base heal portion. I think that's a limitation of the way the effect is coded.

I don't main a Paladin.

One of you please make it your mission in life to see that addressed.

Carry on.
  19. p2aa Augur

I'm speaking of mitigation abilities only. There has always been some parity between the two knights.
    Reaver's Bargain is an exception. Splash is not a mitigation ability, so doesn't fit my reasoning.
  20. Livvy_CT Elder

My point as far as auras is they could do all kinds of cool things with them, I just like the idea of changing auras based on the paladins current need at the time