Paladin future needs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Redemption, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

- Shadowknight - Removed the 5 hit limit from Cascading Theft of Defense.

WTB a rune proc off using crushes...or in keeping with the "healing" knight, a heal proc.
  2. p8aa Elder

I'm wondering, do you have to be a paladin to post in this thread ? Because a certain paladin says that to post in a class thread you have to be playing this class.
  3. Seldom Augur

In this thread topic alone regarding Paladins, you have posted a total of 19 times without offering a single recommendation to improve the class. Multiple folks have politely pointed out how unconstructive this is. You now log into another account to ask if it’s ok to keep posting, because your upset that a Paladin posted a couple of things you don’t like in your Warrior thread(hypocrisy at it’s finest). We get it, you’re obsessed with Paladins and self healing. Roll a Knight and share with us how greener the grass is. Make your forum login for the Paladin P200aa and go on to tell the tales of everything being 100 times better
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Maedhros High King

There are tons of people that are not paladins that post on these threads in a constructive manner, or at least with valid points if not entirely constructive. I have yet to see either constructive or valid things from your end. You come here with "feelings" and "opinions" but when presented with facts and math and statistics and even parses you balk and reject them. There is literally no reasoning with you.
    Reynen likes this.
  5. p8aa Elder

Coming from someone who makes posts counting how many tanks there is in raiding guilds and draw conclusions from there, it's kinda fun to receive a lesson of class balance.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Such a constructive person. Guess more can now go play in the Warrior thread.
  7. p8aa Elder

What is next in the "Let's make paladins " thread ?
  8. p8aa Elder

That's false. All the opinions presented in this thread from non paladins have been constructive, and respectful of others.
    In the other way, you didn't hesitate to troll another class thread with 0 positive input
  9. Warpeace Augur

That was their point OTHERS meaning not you. Go back to your post history.
  10. Drogba Augur

@Seldom You like counting things, don't you. :)
  11. p8aa Elder

I know what I posted. It has always been polite and constructive (the only exception being my last answer to Seldom but personal attack leads to personal attack answer) . I have never been disrespecful to people. Contrary to the behaviour of some of you. So really it's fun.
  12. Warpeace Augur

The point is your distain for knights yet desire for warrior self healing. AKA your general non constructive yet obsessive desire to somehow be injected into any and all knight discussion threads.
  13. p8aa Elder

I have looked at my post history. I was answering to some ideas proposed when I felt that some of the ideas were too much overpowered. I also proposed that paladins got a version of Reaver's Bargain. It was always constructives posts
    Try again.
  14. p8aa Elder

Lol, not really.
  15. Seldom Augur

Yes :). When I’m not dishing out vicious lethal personal attacks on the EQ forums I enjoy counting things/crunching numbers. Generally I do it more so to be able to analyze patterns over a period of time though which I tend to find more interesting

/Begins casting Cure Knight Envy
    -Your target cannot be cured and is immune to this spell type.

Sorry :(, I’m not high enough level with strong enough cure spells to aid you with this plight. I’ll try again next expansion though. Thou SHALL NOT give up on you
  16. p8aa Elder

I love playing my warrior. Once again, read my class balance explaination in the warrior's thread. The ideas I propose aren't overpowered.
    Most warriors and all reasonable knights know that knight mitigation is very close to warrior's one. So any suggestion made by some paladins in this thread like a fortitude disc for knights or a mitigation increase when under shield and 1h or make all paladins spell instant cast would be overpowered. I only react to these kind of ideas, with constructive posts made. I didn't attack people. Think about class balance when you propose something.
  17. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Honest question... where are all of these requests for either a fortitude disc for knights or the calls for increased mitigation at that you keep complaining about? I went through the last 5+ pages since I wrote that update for the list of ideas like I did back on page 9, but I don't recall anyone asking for a fortitude disc for knights or a mitigation increase when under shield and 1h. Maybe I'm wrong, but you seem to be hell bent to keep us from requesting something that nobody is even asking for. So good job on you - keeping attacking those windmills.

As far as the instant cast crushes, it would be two spells that we can cast. A lot of our other spells (ex. group heals) have very long cast times which are hard for us to use while tanking. Apparently class balance to means knights and paladins in particular, since you have far less problems with SKs, must suck at everything they do.
    Allayna and Maedhros like this.
  18. Warpeace Augur

He means the one all the other Warriors shot down and told him to re roll as a Knight because his healing obsession? Yep stellar job over there also.

Mitigation is as close as it is because all tanks need to be able to tank. We just need reasonable ways to achieve it through different means.
    Brohg and Maedhros like this.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I have finally figured out how to beat EQ and threads like this in one felled swoop. I have leveled, geared out, and learned how to play Warrior, SK, and Pally. No matter what you do in this thread or others like it: I WIN. Continue please. However, on the way through this curious experiment of mine I saw the uniqueness of roles and play styles that these classes entail. I do hope that whatever changes threads coax out of devs, that they leave alone the variation I have added to spice up my EQ tanking life :)
  20. Allayna Augur

When did this become a warrior mitigation thread?

There have been improvements to the paladin class and some of them were based on suggestions from this thread. GoL and UA improvements were awesome. Fixing Divine Call was nice.

I'd like to hear what people think of our Censure line. (Reduction of hate, but arguably a great heal target's target line).
    I'd like to hear what people think of having to choose between crushes (our hate override) and stuns. (Why do our 2 crushes share a timer with 2 of our stuns?)
    Why does our best stun also have a 5' push?

Paladin mitigation is fine. Warrior mitigation could use a boost imo as they do not get the same ability to heal themselves as either knight does.