Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Inga, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iuwene Augur

No, it happens anytime you finish a quest, whether normally or by spending cash. See my initial post in the thread.

And as already pointed out, there are actual two connected bugs. First one is agents not auto recovering after a set time and the second is that those incapacitated agents are displayed as ready in the agents list. Thus you cannot even spend cash to ready them because this part of the system thinks they are already ready.

And it is very sad and bad customer relationship that we do not hear at least something about the progress and the ETA for a fix.
    Wdor, Jmag, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now, thought I was going crazy or something. Going to try the recovery quest, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

After the fixes earlier in the year, everything has been good with Overseer until now. I play on Test and use Overseer there regularly. I am willing to help out with testing or getting specifics on the problem if it will help get this fixed faster.
    Wdor and Jmag like this.
  3. Kajira Journeyman

59 and counting. All the top tiers are permanently incapacitated. At this point there should be a daily job run to clear incapacitations until this is fixed. Overseer is not playable with all my top tier agents out of service.
    Wdor, Jmag, tanith and 4 others like this.
  4. Carden Journeyman

I have 5 accounts. According to the "Stats" tab in Overseer, each of my accounts has 30 or more incapacitated agents, and the number has been increasing each day. As a result of the dwindling agent count, they have also been failing more Overseer quests each day.

If this is not fixed soon, Overseer will probably become a waste of time. The severity of the recent Overseer bugs has been pretty frustrating. I was happy to see the last "missing Overseer agent" bug fixed, but this new bug seems to be much worse than the last bug. For the last bug, I could regain access to the Overseer agents by doing "/camp desktop" and restarting EQ. That does not seem possible for this bug.
    Jmag likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

On one character, I cannot now request any 6 hour mission. I have another character that only today seems to be catching this evil bug. Is there an update on progress?
    Jmag likes this.
  6. Bolburbonecrunch Journeyman

People need to calm down. This "overseer" thing was given to us, we didn't have to pay extra to get it. If it had never been given to us what would you be doing? You would be going out into the world of Norrath exping instead of sitting in PoK waiting for free taskadds and overseer to come up.
  7. Windance Augur

Because the XP rewards killing stuff at 111+ is so broken ...

We also don't pay extra to kill mobs for XP, nor for doing progression, etc.

The same thing I'm doing now. Wondering how many of my guild members have decided to quit because they feel they don't have time to devote to another round of "hell" levels.

You are assuming people are only doing one or the other which is an incorrect assumption.

Just because people want to use the overseer system to help them level doesn't mean they aren't out doing things.
    Mukkul, Tegeras, Qelil and 3 others like this.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Wrong. Fippy was purchased, and I purchased something like 100 more agents when I bought a COV bundle. Paid for, needs to work.
    Barton, Wdor, Tegeras and 10 others like this.
  9. Tallie Elder

47 incapacitated and counting....... I hope we hear something soon
    YesPLease, Jmag and Claan like this.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

No, it happens regardless of that.
    Jmag, Claan and tanith like this.
  11. Claan Elder

Us: Hey this is broken.
    Them: Yep.
    Us: So can you fix it please?
    Them: <crickets>
    Wdor, Tegeras, Qelil and 3 others like this.
  12. Qelil Augur

If you do not have anything helpful to add to a bug thread please spare us posts about a feature in a product we pay for being "free." Maybe you are free to play but many/most of us are not. I just canceled 3 paid accounts to avoid renewing year long subs on all of them and this was the straw that broke this particular camel's back for the timing being at least. As I posted earlier, I am glad I held off on buying 3 expansions as well. As of now and until mid-January, I remain a paying customer and expect to get what I paid for IN FULL.

In a game we pay good money to play, ALL of the included features are a part of what we are paying for. We are not the recipients of charity nor is Daybreak a charity organization.

Your assumption that everyone using Overseer is parked in PoK waiting for taskadds is a gross exaggeration. If you did not know this already consider yourself updated.
    Mukkul, Jmag, tanith and 8 others like this.
  13. Bolin New Member

Fix this please
    Jmag, Wdor and Claan like this.
  14. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Don't expect anything to be done over the holidays either. When they break for the holidays, I am pretty sure just keeping the servers running is the priority.
  15. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

/AGREE 100% with everything up until your last comment. A lot of people are parked in the guild hall.

Seriously though, you are exactly right.
    Jmag and Varillian like this.
  16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I suspect it's a different bug, as mine reset several weeks ago.
  17. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I know this may be too little too late, but here are a few things I have been doing to delay the inevitable.

1. Save elite agents for rare or elite tasks. Only use elite agents if no others are available. Common and uncommon tasks are just not worth the risk. I know this lowers the percentage of success, but sometimes it's not much.

2.Do EVERY recovery task you get. I know that takes away from tasks that are rewardable, but it will help you keep a steady supply of un-iconic agents available to squeeze out tasks here and there.

3. Do EVERY recruit task you get. See #2.

4. Do any task possible just to fill a slot. I know most of you are doing that already, but it bears repeating.

I know that you can lose agents with recovery and recruitment tasks, but the chance of loss seems lower than the success rate significantly.

All of that being said, YES, this is a service we pay for, and should be a priority.
    Wulfhere and Jmag like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have been unable to play for the last 3 days, over 72 hours without logging into WQ today out of 14 quests I can complete only 2 due to the number of agents being reported in the agents window as being ready and the quests not recognising this.

When will this be fixed?

Why was time wasted adding more agents to Overseer and adding more agents to quests, when Overseer was still broken from launch?
    Jmag and Nennius like this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Left hand meet right hand. They're not used to each other.
    Qelil likes this.
  20. Vercos New Member

As this has been going on for far longer than the longest incapacitated agent could be out for
    Could the Support just do a bulk agent reset to at least allow the overseers game play to continue
    Assuming they are hot able to fix the issue until the next patch cycle..
    minimind, Jmag, Mukkul and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.