Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Inga, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulfhere Augur

It appears that claiming recovery quests can recover these broken agents. The UX is blind, but the back-end seems to be working and an iconic agent became usable (Butler Syncall).

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Claan likes this.
  2. tanith Augur

Did you check he actually was available? after the above
    I ran 2 x recover quests. Recovered some agents (according to the yellow text). Switched to another toon on same acc, ran some different recover quests. Same agents were 'recovered'. Went to try and use them in quests and they were still unavailable
    Watch out for this before using recover quests you may have been keeping
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Yes, Syncall was available for a conversion quest (easy way to check).
    tanith and Khazi like this.
  4. Jmag Journeyman

Still not working. Very frustrating. Can only do low level recovery tasks at this point. ARRGH!
    Claan likes this.
  5. Nnyxx New Member

I am so frustrated with the Overseer agents not getting fixed!!!!! I have 92 agents that have a blue ! but in the agent tab says they are ready but can't be utilized. I was buying DB cash to do 10 overseer per available time but now it is becoming impossible. Please Please fix this bug to keep satisfied customers.
    Regina_Cazic, Qelil and Jmag like this.
  6. Grove Augur

In my case, after clearing all quests, and beginning a new quest the only two agents who can do step one of quest one are marked not available. In sorting agents for those incapacitated, there are NONE. Somtimes we have had quests hidden by appear on another character. I tried switching to another alt. Alt sees the same not-available agents.
    Jmag likes this.
  7. Tallie Elder

I keep looking for an "in progress" :(
    Claan, Jmag, tanith and 1 other person like this.
  8. MmmmBop Wise Troll

I've been cycling in recovery missions at every opportunity and it's just not keeping up with the incapacitations. I seem to average one recovery for every 3 lost agents... and most of those are for low level commons. By this time next week, I fear I won't have enough iconics to run more than 3 to 4 missions at a time, and in two weeks time, I'll probably be down to 1 or 2 missions. Three weeks from now... I'll be fully at the mercy of the overseer RNG for getting high level recovery missions to do anything. For all the work put into developing overseer, it's sad to see it deteriorate so quickly into oblivion.

It's also not helping with the DPG bottom line either. There is no reason for use DBC to speed up missions and we are fully unable to use DBC to recover incapacitated agents either. If DPG doesn't care about overseer and the players that use it, they should at least care about the profit loss this bug is causing.
    Claan, Wdor, Qelil and 3 others like this.
  9. Droc New Member

I was one of the original posters in a different thread. Confirmed, still not working and my stats have reset yet again on 2 of my 3 accounts. As Mmmmbop said, I fear I will be out of options due to incapacitations as well. Hopefully this gets looked at soon.
    Wdor and Jmag like this.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Start doing and using recovery quests. You're mostly blind but if you want to use an agent, keep burning recoveries until it becomes available. It's not ideal but it can keep your overseer limping along until it gets fixed.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

It's possible that you had multiple cards of the same agent incapacitated. Look at the available count (going up) to see if that was the case for you (it was for me).
    Jmag likes this.
  12. mewkus Augur

If you want to see a high failure rare (you're curious or whatever), Keep your character logged in for extended periods of time. E.g. leave your character standing in the lag pile when you're done for the day and resume from the lag pile when you're ready to play again. After three or four days of not logging out (even to character select screen), you'll start failing 20-40 percent of your quests.

This is what I observed across several characters a few months back. I've not tested it again since I'd rather not accumulate so many failures.
    Jmag likes this.
  13. Qelil Augur

I guess this feature and the many players using it are not taken very seriously when it is bugged this badly and for this long without regular updates on progress to fix it, without any updates on progress to fix it. Meanwhile on a daily basis we lose the not insignificant benefits of xp, merc AA, etc. depending on personal choices.

I'm glad I held off on expansions for 3 accounts and my annual subs on all three renew in early January. Until and when I see some real improvements to the reliability and stability of this game I am no longer willing to pay to play it. I'm not pitching a fit here and quitting. I'll play some neglected alts for free indefinitely and see what happens. If the company earns my money again in the future I'll gladly pay to play the best game I have ever enjoyed playing. If they continue to neglect it and us this way, well I guess that'll be more time for my Xbox and HBO or whatever.

For what it's worth, as always I don't blame the developers most of the time. I blame the management. The buck stops on their desks. My bucks won't be again any time soon though.

For me as of tonight, Overseer is no longer useful or usable. It was to me a very important feature. Maybe they don't realize many of us find this or did find this very helpful. I did when it was working right which sadly has not been something I could rely upon this past year, particularly recently. I spent money on it too which I feel foolish for doing now but I'll own that mistake since I am the one who made it. That said, I don't feel any less betrayed by the company just the same.

Remember last time? We got a consolation prize of a few free agents most of us did not need rather than the benefits we lost? Why is it that I expect that or less again this time? History is why I guess. Maybe they will do better and take the impact of failures in a paid game a little more seriously this time around. Hope springs eternal.
    Claan, tanith and Jmag like this.
  14. tanith Augur

Not worked for me. It's failed to recover the agent I needed (even burning 9 stored recovery quests, all with crits), and 'recovered' the same handful several times (according to yellow text), only for some/most of those which said were recovered not to be recovered at all.

Re post above, I only bothered trying to recover elite agents (with elite recovery quests) so, no, not an issue of duplicates as there is no point having duplicates of those

Now at 48 incapacitated

So some news on what's happening here is overdue
    Claan and Jmag like this.
  15. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

My agents also don't recover anymore; Overseer not playable anymore since all lvl 4+ agents are unavailable. Throws a large wench into my plans.
  16. Graves Elder

I have about 150 incapacitated agents across three accounts now. Unable to start many tasks due to lack of available high level agents.
    Claan, Jmag and tanith like this.
  17. Windance Augur

Was really hoping to see a fix for overseer in the test patch notes .... /denied.
  18. tanith Augur

Suggestion:
    If this can't be fixed quickly, is it possible to turn off the metric which incapacitates agents as a stopgap?
    Viciado, Claan and Jmag like this.
  19. RyeToast New Member

Bwahaha!
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Kinda surprised that there's been no update on this, other than to confirm this bug exists.

This is that whole "lack of communication" thing that the devs always promise to get better on and never do.
    Fenthen, Wdor, Viciado and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.