On the Horizon (March/April)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Leigo You come here often?

Brick of Knowledge is a good clicky that takes little skill to acquire.
    Yinla and Tobin like this.
  2. leaola Journeyman

ok u making buyable pok ports... what are u going to do to rebalance the classes then? one reason I play a druid is to port around (including pok). if all classes can now do that what are u going to take from them or add to druids to make up for it? druids are nice in a lot of little ways but over all we suck at everything but the ports help to make up for it, adding origin helped every other class but wiz and druids ( ok I might have used it a few times) almost all classes can snare and/or root ( melee classes don't need our help anymore ).
    next thing u know melee will all get magic( oh wait their end is just like magic). I would like to see serious class balancing. ie tanks tank, caster cast and healers healing. when u add new abilities to everyone u weaken every other class that can do a job no others can or could have.

druids were jacks of all trades pre 50 druids could do anything not well but we could, and we were invited to groups. now we have no special skills and I believe we the only class to still have outside only useable spell lines... why cant we use our spells inside when so may other classes had our strengths added to them for indoor or out door use?
  3. Snowman Augur

Hey Holly what are the chances you and your team could could take a quick look into adding some more filters - ie like spell reflected /show,show mine only,hide - proc's like group heal - I am sure other players could list a few more that all fall under the "other " option .... this would be amazing and hopefully not take a lot of time away from any dev if possible
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would imagine that /played time only includes time played not time away from EQ.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

For /played:
    Total Time Playing ... is amount of time actually spent online in game.
    *Total Time Entitled ... is amount of paid subscription time accrued.

Edit: *I was basing this off my my main character and the fact that throughout the last 1.5 decades of life a little time off happened sporadically here and there but upon loading my tinkerer I she has 'Time entitled ...' also and has never been Gold so the requirement of being such doesn't appear to be the case. At least not any longer.
  6. Prowlar New Member

I for one would love to see game time be able to be bought with station cash. that would be a huge help to me and im sure a lot of others.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

If that day ever came then you can be assured the free monthly Station Cash would go away right then, and with good reason.
    Everyone that's Gold throughout the year would accrue 6000 SC in 12 months time and essentially get each expansion for free, year after year.
    That would be a significant hit in DB's revenue which = less money afforded to future development which = less subscriptions which = a bust game doomed to tank.
    No thanks. I'm happy to play and prefer to keep paying and playing as we are.
  8. Gruffish Elder

Well then, free-to-play people have an option as well. That is a good thing.
  9. Phynster2 Journeyman

Any way to increase bard dps while you're at it..
  10. leaola Journeyman

or just auto boot everyone that's in there to selection screen after 30 min in zone to keep it emptier. theres no reason to make a main highway a parking lot, let them stand in housing zones.
  11. Tobin Augur

Use
    • Hide AFK Players
    • Hide AFK Pets
    • Hide AFK Mercenaries
    and if everyone in the GL used Auto Turn On AFK problem solved.
  12. Tullan New Member

You have to be careful what is introduced into the SC store. It needs to be kept to things like illusions, mounts, housing, and appearance type items. When the game starts to become "pay to win" your going to lose a lot of long time players. Putting in potions that effect game play is a bad idea. It basically gives players permanent abilities if they are willing to pay for them. Personally I'd like to see more housing and character appearance items. Love the ideas of illusion and nimbus key rings. I'd like to see better storage for collectibles and trade skill items too. I don't mind the suggestion of purchasing for back veteran rewards as long as new ones are continued and the last couple aren't available until a year or two old. The price would need to be somewhat steep though, as those that earned them paid an extra year for each one.
    I had agreed with the people wanting the exp nerf back for older zones like RoF, but after the last 2 weeks I've spent working on my stone tear between pillars tasks(level 15 now, yay!), I'm not sure how warranted this is. I've completely filled my regular exp bar in 105 after only being 10 percent into my level camping the arena in Shards Landing. Regular exp seems fine there, however AA exp seemed broke. Maybe this was all that was effected, in which case some of that nerf would be nice to get back. Hate to admit it, but I did die several times, from not paying attention and getting too many adds, so there is still some risk. I feel the biggest thing the game needs now is more unique items. Everything feels so cut and paste now.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the changes to CS can we please get the following

1. Special characters enabled when creating a new toon and surname, also guild names
    2. A one time only no transfer flag to FV
    3. A one time only no deletion flag for toons
    4. Something in the new loot system to assist with miss looting no drop items (15 mins or 30 mins transfer to another char)
    5. A write up of how to use the new loot system (took me 10 mins to figure out how to turn it on)
    6. Please create something in the guild management window to allow transfer of the guild leader to a senior officer if the guild leader hasn't logged on for 3 months!
    7. Can we get a buy back option on all items on all vendors incase we purchase the wrong item due to lag and the list not updating (5 - 15 mins seems reasonable)
    Ferry-Tunare and Tobin like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What are these various mechanics?
    The only one I know of is the press yes to confirm, what are the others? I'd like to make sure my char is as secure as possible, so if I'm missing something I'd like to use it to make sure my char does not get deleted by mistake.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  15. Tobin Augur

Elricvonclief and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Curious as to why?

I mean chars like - and ` the ones we used to have to get GMs to come and do for us.

With this change we can no longer have chars like Peggy-Sue Mc'Dougal
  17. Tobin Augur

I see your point - I was thinking the whole set of chars that a font set can do - if limited to a few then it might be ok.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Tobin Augur

Under the Options Window Display Tab - I would like to see 2 more video modes
    • 2560 x 1080 ( this is the monitor I play on now )
    • 3840 x 2160 ( this is what I'm getting for my B'Day in May )
  19. Riou EQResource

Do these not show up? I believe EQ's window resolution is based on your monitors resolution list, when I was doing 4k (3840 x 2160) and 8k (7680 x 4320) it allowed those options
  20. Orbital101 Augur

Totally against achievements that require spending money via SC... collection achievements are fine as long as they stay available with skills or time put in game and not from my wallet...