On the Horizon (March/April)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Sneaksta Journeyman

Please don't add a PoK teleport Item to the store. There is already at least 1 that I am totally aware of, The Binden Concerrentia, is in place. Tasks are not too difficult, and with an expenditure of time, easily obtained for the most part. This is not a rant, but about prestige. I have ran many guildies thru these tasks, and several of my own toons without gate capability. This was an actual achievement! I , and many others, felt deep satisfaction on gaining this item. Why add an item for pay that is relatively easy to gain in game? This is Everquest! Quest for it! If you want everything given to you , or the ability to buy your way through the game, please, add a click portal to WOW.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Crystilla Augur

OP's list forgot to add:

• Unannounced customer service change to remove a lot of customer service complaints.
    • Unannounced forum adjustments removing parts integral to the community of this game
  3. crash n'burn Journeyman

I would like to see an entrance added in PoK to the GH so you have the option of bypassing the guild lobby.(aka. lag city ).
    Nightmares, Geroblue and Yara_AB like this.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

And maybe a nice pretty gate into the housing area - but i fear that wouldn't make sense lore-wise ... but then - who cares about lore these days.
  5. Gruffish Elder

Ok I like the idea of a 75% exp potion. I will buy them now and then.

I really like the idea of a gate to PoK item if this is an item with infinite charges. I would buy one for each of my chars that do not have gate as a spell/aa.

I do not understand the people saying you should.not sell these because they were once quest rewards or whatever they are thinking.

These items would serve 2 very important purposes 1) improve my enjoyment of the game and 2) put cash in Daybreak's pocket (that is the desired outcome right?).

I understand people suggesting other ideas but please do not be dissuaded from adding these two excellent items to the game.
  6. Sneaksta Journeyman

You could just put everything any player has ever strived for, quested for, put major time and effort into achieving, right into the SC store, for those that want everything handed to them Right now, free or for some cash cost. Why not. Then we can change the name of Everquest, to FatWallet games.
    beryon, Barton, Melanippe and 2 others like this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

8. Axem the Great Journeyman

1. Keep involved with the community and listen to our ideas/feedback. We're obviously not going to get everything we want, but just knowing that you're hearing what we have to say goes a long way. (check)

2. Bring back Dzarn (check)

3. Re-use older content to help ease the burden of new content

3a. Bring back old Freeport (possibly in a mission/raid setting if nothing else)?

4. Fix my guise of the ancient gods

5. Consider the old beta items, SoE Live items, etc. idea for SC. Everyone wins.

You're almost halfway done with my list! Keep up the good work! :D
    Uxtalzon and Lisandra like this.
  9. Indigo Augur

Geroblue and Yinla like this.
  10. Xeladom Augur

Stop trying to act like levels are content. That's probably the best advice I could give. Who cares if a casual player has to spend his one hour a night in old "content" to gain the power to play in your new "content". Stop driving paying customers away.
    Garshok, Lisandra, Jiggs and 5 others like this.
  11. Renaan New Member

The best possible part of this is that it has Dzarn as back on the team :)

Can't express how thankful I am to hear this, amazing news and thankful that Daybreak was able to acknowledge not only his worth to the game but the number of people who also recognise his drive and commitment to Everquest :)

Thankyou Daybreak and for all the other players who expressed their outrage :)

ps... fix Dragon Stance please :)
  12. Jeanmirac Elder

I would like to know who on the Daybreak EQ team that hates tradeskilling... That's all.
    Evidence: Killing off NPC's in PoK (can't buy a fishing pole - not in PoK anyway) and killing the tradeskilling section of the forums... Who and Why.
    What's happening to my EQ????
    [IMG]
  13. buttercup Journeyman

suck suck suck suck suck suck. <<<<< this is what I read every time I read an update or change coming from daybreak
    Melanippe and Jeanmirac like this.
  14. Marbles Elder

Reduce experience by 75% in 90% of zones and then sell me a 75% exp potion... (forum violation) NO!
  15. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

I still don't understand why RoF was hit with the outrageous xp nerf for anyone level 101+. A good portion of the mobs in RoF zones are level 101+. That, to me, means they should still be a viable source of XP for characters that are level 101+.

We've been told that we should be playing in more than just a few select zones for xp. Then, zones that should be viable xp areas are nerfed into oblivion, thus forcing us into just a few select (and much smaller) zones for xp. Does anyone at Daybreak recognize the blatant contradiction and fallacy between the words said and the actions taken? I know we players certainly do, as evidenced by the many, many, MANY complaints posted, subscriptions lost and TDS expansions NOT purchased.

As for the nerfs to xp in CotF HA's (TDS HA's weren't hit with the nerf bat), they're, in MY opinion, completely ludicrous. Most of CotF is HA's.

What really floors me is that, after nerfing CotF HA's, they decided to add CotF dailies which give a good chunk of xp for doing the same tasks they told us "weren't fun"!

Obviously the dev who publicly posted that he deliberately opted to sacrifice content for lore. That one still bothers the heck out of me.
    Garshok, Nightmares, beryon and 3 others like this.
  16. Yara_AB Augur

Don't know if I got your comment right or if it got lost in translation.
    But my comment was meant to be of the cynic type (i can't really see a way for having a gate to the housing zone lore-wise - but then ... hmmm ... pok has enough port-stones ... so maybe then ...)
  17. Geroblue Augur

Apparently archived due to lack of posts.
  18. Maxe Augur

Hey @Windstalker , a friend introduced me to some of the shroud content in pok. I was having so much fun clearing Nagafen's Lair as a 50 necro with crap gear! So much nostalgia! My only complaint was the 12 hour lockout before I could even try LGuk :/ Is there a reason there is such a long lockout for requesting more adventures from the brew guy? The experience wasn't awesome, and the thing only gave me one brew and 3 AAs so I know it's not a stupid easy way to level. Can we adjust the timer to like 15 minutes on that just to prevent abuse of the instance resources?

Also, anyone else come back and notice their /played was a shorter time than it should be? I made this account shortly before Kunark landed and heck I think I still have my original discs in a box somewhere in my garage, but when I check played it has me at under 12 years..
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  19. Melanippe Augur

Other than perhaps for the $$$$$ there really isn't any need to add a PoK port item to Marketplace.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=97270 Primary Anchor Package. Also sold in the Marketplace 500SC.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=102943 Secondary Anchor Package

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=74202 Brick of Knowledge, Anniversary quest.

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Teleportation_items
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

The Hot Zones are so yesterdays news it's not funny.
    You level past them and move on......
    The team has much better things to spend time on.
    (I mean other than continually tweaking the exp nerf, brilliantly bundled with the TDS patch)
    -Rat