On the Horizon (March/April)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Dearest Norrathians,

We’re very busy in the EQ workshop planning the coming year, but there are a few things immediately on the horizon I wanted to clarify.

Prathun did a great post on what’s coming in March with our Anniversary as well as some future plans. As Prathun said, Dzarn is working on adding the XP bonuses like Lesson of the Devoted and bottles of Adventure to the Heroic Adventure (HA) task completion, as well as increasing experience gains for mercs from tasks. We heard from several folks about the frustrations with the current system and recognized it was a priority, so it’s on the docket for the March update which we are planning currently for March 25th if all goes well.

HA XP issues constituted Part 1 of addressing XP concerns. Part 2 is starting now as we review the feedback around lower experience in older zones for higher level players. We will discuss that in more detail when we have come to some conclusions.

The Progression Server poll will end with our update on the 25th and then we’ll start digging a little deeper after that. We really appreciate the responses! There’s been a lot more votes and input than I expected.

Also, we’re adding a couple of store items. One is a 75% XP potion. It’s been around for a while, but we didn't want to add that to the game until we finished the work on the HA experience. We’re adding a “Teleport to PoK” item also (with longish cast time/recast)…mostly because I logged in some of my characters who can’t gate and was all “OMG where am I? HEPL!!" Origin didn't help me as much as I hoped as I ran around in circles in my Shar Vahl BST guild building. *Looks for Exit signs.* :(

A quick word on store stuff while I’m at it. Basically, as gamers, we ask ourselves what we’d feel good about paying for that feels valuable to us as individuals, whether it's about fun, time-savings, convenience, etc. I shared my example above because I found myself looking for a gate item to PoK (and my paws were sore). I discussed it with the team and they agreed it would be helpful to add. That kind of approach will drive us going forward, including player thoughts, ideas, and feedback, of course. Everyone is different and I’m sure there are a lot of ideas that would be interesting to discuss. Feel free to discuss any ideas here too.

I’m really thrilled by your engagement and I’m very grateful for all the passion around our game. We love it as much as you, I promise! And with that in mind we want to continue to have constructive conversations between you and our team. With all we've read, the team has been discussing plans for EverQuest that I’m pretty excited about. I can’t wait to share what we have planned and it’s my goal to keep you all in the know!

My best wishes to you all,

Windstalker
    Nniki, Elricvonclief, Zujilli and 8 others like this.
  2. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Dzarn is still on the EQ team??????
  3. Tyraxor Augur

No Dzarn is BACK on the EQ team, and maybe it's thanks to those caring people who started a petition etc. Read the off-topic thread for details. We might never know, but my hats go off to those who showed how much we care.

Which is really the best news in this update, i still sorely miss info on how long i can expect TDS to cost as much as it does currently.
  4. guado Augur

Speaking of PoK... double you tee eff is going on with the vendors?
    Caell, Aanuvane, Axxius and 4 others like this.
  5. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

This reminds me of that famous line from Cool Hand Luke.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate".

You stubbornly hang onto the HA nerf of putting XP at the end of the HA.
    You are still discussing the XP nerfs.
    The HA lockouts are still in place.

These were without question the top three areas your players have asked you to fix.

When these three nerfs are rolled back I'll be back. Until then, I'm still watching from the sideliines.
    Ratbo Peep, Caell, Diptera and 3 others like this.
  6. Gimple Elder

Their is already a teleport item you get from the claims system...I believe it is in the welcome claim? or something....it's a bag you get 1 package with a defiant weapon in it, some xp potions and such...you also get a PoK teleport item that has limited charges.

So yea, the answer to your problem is already in game if a former player returns and finds a toon looged out in a dungeon or something but doesn't want to use the Origin aa.
    Yara_AB and Lisandra like this.
  7. Zaph Augur

Why not just Permanently have the brick of knowledge quest available, something already in the game, that isnt SC
    ( or even the Binden Concerrentia , something so "useful" it got a fabled upgrade)

either way, will this new item share the same lockouts/recast ?

And if you want ideas for SC items, and what players want, gimmie a BFG
  8. Yinnie the Pink Elder

There are multi threads around on what players would like to see for SC
    Old Beta rewards
    Old Fanfaire rewards
    LON loot cards

My brain cannot get passed the Dzarn being back bombshell, still in shock! :) I'm sure I'll think of more, once I stop grinning!

*edit* add this to the list
    Dzarn illusion AKA Efreeti
    Scila, Lisandra, beryon and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cazmac Augur

BFG, Yayyy! :D
  10. Canno Apprentice

New hot zones, new hot zones.. *reads* *sigh* Maybe for the 2 year anniversary of the current hot zones in June...
  11. Crystilla Augur

They at least addressed this on the Twitch stream. They'd like to automate the process so it doesn't always take Dev time to do it. (AKA that will take a little to do)
    Lisandra and Canno like this.
  12. Zinth Augur

add in the old claims from expansions long gone...

heck for the Progression server I would LOVE to buy a complete collectors edition (actually 2 of them) with ALL the claims from all expansions slapped into one pretty little digital box, so we can get the faction things, and the port to CR staff and what not again ;-) *hint hint* just don't make it obnoxiously expensive... $40 I would gladly shell out for that and it costs what 5min work time to slap together since all the stuff already exists, just put it in the SC store.

*blinks* Dzarn? OMG!!! WB
    Lisandra, beryon and Yinnie the Pink like this.
  13. buffalou New Member

Windstalker

Hi,
    Thank goodness that you are a player so you can share our concerns as players ourselves. The following Heading is listed under Tradeskill section of forums. Some TS items used to be drops Would like to know if this was an intended move or just an Error.
    Keep up the great job

Buffalou
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Many people have tried to get attention brought to this and no reply from Devs on if it is intended or not.
    2 of the items can be used to max alchemy very very cheaply and that is why they were mob drop only I wonder if whoever did this even knows, it is sad
    Yinnie the Pink and ModRanger like this.
  15. beryon Augur

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of turning existing quest rewards into SC purchases. If you want to help players, make the quest more accessible, shorten the recast, remove the reagent requirement. Don't just make something better buyable for cash. Jeez.

Also, are you aware there are gate potions? That's another thing already available in game which would solve your problem.
    Zujilli, Yara_AB, Imrahil and 2 others like this.
  16. Dibab Augur

Mesc, Oxgoad, Axxius and 6 others like this.
  17. Derresh Augur

Is there any updates to berserker sustained dps on the horizon? Berserkers are pulling about 1/2 the sustained dps that caster counterparts are while also being the most dependent class in the game.

Some Dev input would be nice to hear on this front , so i can decide whether i should continue wasting my time playing my favorite class or switch to a class thats 2x more effective.
  18. Nightmares Augur

Windstalker,

Gotta have More Cowbell !!!
    ok, seriously now hehe...

Zaph Wrote: "Why not just Permanently have the brick of knowledge quest available, something already in the game, that isnt SC
    ( or even the Binden Concerrentia , something so "useful" it got a fabled upgrade)"
    the reason they are doing SC is because it's SC. It's possibly more revenue for the company.
    As for the Binden Concerrentia.. I'd love to have it changed so you don't need the reagent for it.

As for making a Gate to Pok item, could you please keep it down on timer. I means some clickies have a 20 hour recast timer. that's a bit excessive. IF it'll be a SC item, it should have a recast time shorter than 30 min ( or else what's stopping us from just farming the other port items in game? I know some of my toons have literally 5-10 clicky portal items; timers ranging from 30 min to 20 hours).

Yinnie the Pink wrote: "There are multi threads around on what players would like to see for SC
    Old Beta rewards
    Old Fanfaire rewards
    LON loot cards "

I like this idea, however I do see some backlash from those that took the time doing the betas, or the Fans that went to the Fan-fairs. These people earned the special rewards, either by testing the game or by paying money to attend the events. If this was implemented, I think it would be good to have a cut off, like first 4 or 5 years stuff max.

Whosurdaddy wrote:
    This reminds me of that famous line from Cool Hand Luke.
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate".
    You stubbornly hang onto the HA nerf of putting XP at the end of the HA.
    You are still discussing the XP nerfs.
    The HA lockouts are still in place.
    These were without question the top three areas your players have asked you to fix.
    When these three nerfs are rolled back I'll be back. Until then, I'm still watching from the sideliines."
    I do see these needing to be corrected/fixed/restructured/whatever.
    Just giving a new XP pot and making it work with the HAs is countermanding your nerfs just to sell more SC, I think most can see this. I do believe that players would be happier and more incline to buy these xp potions if there was an actual incentive to use them. The changes to the game since TDS arrived has seen a dramatic drop in XP gain and then Nerfs to make it even worse. Personally I wouldn't even think about buying one of these potions simply because the XP is already horrible. If it was better, I'd consider it.

WHat I have heard from others that want SC items to be introduced... Lets see.
    1.) Cape/cloak Hero's Forge ornamentation to work in conjunction with the pieces already out there. They want to see themselves in their full suit of < insert your ornament gear here> while wearing a cape down the back, or a cloak going over the shoulders, partially concealing the suit, moving with the character a bit.
    2.) Old Illusion clickies that are no longer offered in the Marketplace ( I believe they are referring to Riftseekers and Gelidrans ( I spell that right?)).
    3.) Armor statuettes for Houses and guild halls. These would be containers that were place-able, taking on the characteristics of the gear placed in them ( having specified slots inside the container for different armor slots). The theory here is having statues of your old armor to showcase and decorate your house / guild, and not just weapons and shields.
    4.) A wider range of House items. So much more could be done here, and a lot of us (including myself) like to decorate our homes and help with our guild halls. For instance... How about a moat, or moat sections to place around a house, guild hall, or plot. Maybe have a way to dig holes or have items that give the appearance of pit falls ( or pits with spikes). A tree with a hangman's Noose would fit some people's type and style of decorating ( there is the Gallows already, but some might like a more rustic feel).

As for other areas some ( again including myself) would like to see improvements made or new features added, would include:
    1.) An Illusion Key Ring with same ability as Mount Key Ring, in that you could delegate a specific illusion stat buff to go with any illusions you used. I would say the initial Illusions free to players would need to be about 15 or more likely 20 ( there are SOOOO many illusions in the game).
    2.) If not already corrected ( I haven't checked lately) a separation of the Drachnid illusion from it's buff. There are stacking issues with other clicky effects that would not normally happen with illusions.
    3.) Like number 1, a Key ring, but for all the Nimbus ( I literally have about 40 Nimbus from SC in my bank bags, on 1 toon, let alone the others).
    4.) More Keys included on the Normal Keyring. there are a lot of keys that don't have this ability ( CoM Elevator key as an example, Najena has some as well, and there are more).
    5.) Ability to change size of text in other windows that are not the chat windows. Personally as I get older, I get new glasses, but some of the text seems smaller recently for some reason, I find it hard to read at times. Would like to see options to help make this uniform in the UI so all text in all windows could be changed to meet different visual requirements.
    6.) Increase Free To play AA standard limit cap to 3,000 AA. FTP can go up to lv 100 now, FTP started in House of Thule when the level limit was 90. An increase is a long time coming for these players. I have seem many quit due to this limitation ( they did buy SC for Hero's forge, mounts and other items, but they did not want to subscribe). The increase is needed to help these players simply survive the higher levels, this would still maintain a gap between FTP and All access accounts. If anything maybe have a level unlock for the new AA Cap ( once the player reaches 90 it opens to 2k and at 95 it opens to 3k).
    7.) Increased Weapons Bandolier functionality. What I mean is, when you are swapping weapons in the Bandoliers, your weapons you switch out just go into the top open slots in bags / inventory. This CAN be rather dangerous. When making Bandolier sets, have the weapons actually go into the Weapon bandolier, in bandolier weapon slots. this way when you swap out they go back to these slots and not into your inventory / bags. It'll save room and save on accidents with selling or destroying. It would work as you save a bandolier weapon set and the weapons automatically get spaces reserved in the bandolier OR you place weapons in the bandolier, then make weapon sets using the weapons ( shields and ranged as well) that are placed there). There are a few different ways to accomplish this.
    8.) Guild Lobby Offline Mode. Have it so players can go offline and remain in guild lobby for Mass Group Buffs. There is a system in place for Traders in the bazaar, this could also be done for GL Buffing. It could dramatically reduce lag of this zone and server stresses on the whole, which would free up some server resources.
    9.) Add purchasable venders for Guild halls and Houses for Trade skills. We already have the Ovens, looms, etc. that are place-able in these zones, but we still have to go running back to the cities to buy parts. It would be a HUGE help to have venders like these in guild halls. ( This would also reduce the amount of times some people would have to zone. I know quite a lot of Trade skill people that prefer not being in PoK or other high traffic zones (like Crescent Reach as another example) when doing mass combines, they tend to get a lot of lag, which is less apparent in guild halls and house zones).
    10.) Last Anniversary ( I believe) We had a Vote and were introduced 2 new Race / Class combinations. Froglok Monks and Wood Elf Beastlords. During this time we were told that the team was looking into more combinations and we'd see more open up possibly through the year. Then nothing more in regards to this. I knew quite a few players would love to see the Iksar Berzerker ( I keep a character slot reserved for the day this comes out, as there is plenty of lore in the Iksar race and in Cabilis to house them) or even the Dark Elf Rangers and / or Bards. These 3 were the top picks ( there was massive uproar when none of these won). I am sure the player base would still love to see some of these.

These are just some suggestions I have and a few I have heard from other players on my server in the general chats. Please post a reply to this so we know you've read it, even if you can't use some. We would just like to know our feedback is heard.
    Thank You very much for your time.
    Caell and Lisandra like this.
  19. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

If you added the Brother Island teleport clickie to the marketplace, for SC, I'd buy it. :)
  20. Angahran Augur

Two suggestions for useful items.
    1. Port to guild hall.
    2. Port to guild standard.
    Caell and Lisandra like this.