On the Horizon (March/April)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

Well, it's only loosely TLP-ish to be 100% honest - it's closer to the Old Man Mackenzie stuff truly - but it's a means to play old content with scaled down characters "close to what the original challenge level was".

But I definitely consider stuff like that to be in the ballpark.
  2. Vaclav Augur

EQ2 is still getting expansions - just smaller more focused ones. We'll have to see the schedule but I'd not be shocked if it ends up being 3 small expansions a year about a 1/3 of a real expansion's size instead of one a year. [With different ones being focused at different playstyles from how the EQ2 one is looking ATM - this one is very light for the high end, mostly focused on the low end]
  3. Silv Augur

But, EQ2 had an actual Q&A/news article about their new content coming and what their plan was. EQ received... a whole bunch of nothing aside from TLP TLP TLP! That's a major problem IMO.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Doesn't EQ2 normally get their expansions in the early part of the year though? EQ1 normally gets theirs in Oct/Nov - it's really far out from when anything is normally heard... last expansion's first mention I'm seeing was June 2014 for example.
  5. Silv Augur

Ah, if that's true, good point. I don't keep up with EQ2 much aside from some major news articles. I played on release and then came back to EQ so I'm out of the loop on their normal release cycle.

If that's what's up then I would hope we have some major details about what's next for EQ once the TLP goes live this summer. I just hope the discontinuation of SOE(whatever) Live doesn't have a detrimental effect on development and communication. I'm trying to be optimistic but when *Aristo* (of all people) makes such a huge post about TLP and there's no word for anything else, eh, hard to keep the faith.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Nod, I can understand the nervousness since they've not said anything post-owner change - it would be nice to clarify longterm goals. I'm curious of the EQ1 expansion plans as well myself (although VERY longterm since I'm a TLPer - but I'm one that would like to convert to normal gaming in a bazillion years once it's done) - I've tried to nudge myself as well, but I can understand with it being so far out they might not even be sure.

Heck, I think they might be waiting to see how the EQ2 DLC goes over before they commit to what they're going to do for EQ1 - if it does really well might be they'll go that route for EQ1 as well. Shrug.
  7. Numiko Augur

It has not gone over well at all, got so bad on the EQ2 boards that they had mass suspensions and bannings of accounts (from posting, not in game), including some people who run the major 3rd party EQ2 web sites.
  8. Vaclav Augur

That was slightly previous to even the beta starting - I was talking about in the longrun, not kneejerk reaction.

(Plus I'd be biased on the topic of bans indicating anything - seems moderation isn't very warny and very banny ATM from personal experience when I didn't feel I was treading the line during the TLP discussions - not that I'm debating them any further though to stay on general topic)
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.