Old maps that you dislike and would want to see remade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, May 22, 2015.

1. Terethian Elder

Lost me on this thread. I think of the in game zones as map files. I was hoping to post about how I want Freeport returned to classic graphics. Like I said, Map files = zone files to me. I like to pretend backspace map files don't exist.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Fungus Grove added, nothing fancy but better then the old one.

[IMG]

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Plane of Hate
    [IMG]
    Only as a single pickup in Classic
    at
    at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME

And coming soon!
    Ruins of Lxanvom
    [IMG]

and Plane of Fear
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

*If* I have access on day one,
    I will have a pack available for beta in the beta forums on the same day that the beta will start. I will focus on the zone walls of every zones missing then add in the buildings with open lines to be weld at a later time. Hopefully, I will have something useable by the next day or so and then take the entire beta time to polish the maps.

I will work the same way I did for TDS with a password to unlock the ZIP only available for those with beta access.
    Spellfire and Fanra like this.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

So I went to The Feerrot: The Dreams to finish Partisan and Merc on my bard and cleric to realize that all the labels where all mixed up with the old layout pre/Merc upgrade. As I went and placed the labels properly there was a few NPCs missing so I added them while adding some geometry for the buildings and such to end up with pretty much only the zone walls left to do... So ended up doing it all @@

I some time hate my self!

Added it to House of Thule folder as well as in the pack along with PoHate,PoFear and Ruins of Lxanvom

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Povarmonk Elder

Great job on these I really hated the Mistmoore maps and now i can actually see where everything is!
    Orbital101 likes this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Mistmoore is the one that got me started doing all these :D
  8. Orbital101 Augur

HoThule got some loving with a fully scan of NPCs and update for merc and partisan for all the House of Thule zones, expect 2 or 3 more fully remapped maps before Beta... Upper and Miragul's Nightmare is on its way but for now as single pickup in the HoT folder...

Feerrott2
    [IMG]

Thule House, Lower
    [IMG]

Thule Library
    [IMG]at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fanra and Iila like this.
  9. Trappin New Member

10. Angahran Augur

Thank you for the time and effort you are putting in on these maps :)

I wish EQ handled multi level zones better because I don't think I've ever seen a particularly 'good' one.
    I was in Beza/Zeka recently and those maps are a nightmare, also Mech Guardian and crystal caverns come to mind as pretty bad.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Mech Guardian is in the map pack or should...Let me know if its not and worse case I'm pretty positive that it is available as a single download inside the Special Heritage folder with some screenshot to give you a idea.I had Beze/Zeka on my list... Eventually after TBM as no more secrets to offer.

Even think that there is Screenshot of M.Guardian on one of the pages on this thread

I also converted RoF CC into the old one in the pack
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Hello Everyone. I'm hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I just passed by to reload this thread and to let you all know that I am setting up again to start where I left off before TBM beta.

My list is not as long as it used to be so i'm always open to suggestion. As for now I went ahead this week and finished Miragul's Nightmare that I had started before beta.

[IMG]

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all Everquesters.
  13. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Welcome back. these maps are exceptionally good.i like how you have a style sheet-like approach to layers.

Code:
    Base Layer: Map Data, zone in and location informations.
    Layer 1:
    Quest NPCs + Merchants (Big Blue Labels)
    Layer 2:
    Quests update and Ground spawn (Small Black Labels)
    Quests related NPCs (Big Dark Blue Labels)
    Quests Kills Related NPC (Big Dark Red Labels)
    Layers 3:
    Hunter nameds(Big Red labels)
    Truly amazing. Thank you. I would replace EVERY single one of my current maps with these.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Can you fix the loio map so the zone line to FM isn't a hole into infinity, sir? ;)
  15. Darkark Augur

I also noticed a while ago there is a cave system missing from the Ethernere map ... up near where Brother Whatshisname is for the HAs.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Give me the location if you can and/or do make sure you have my map pack because I have a cave system near brother Estle and I cant find another way down. Some maps I did not made but I was able to get the updated version and some other I fixed my self.

You be surprised on what you can find in the pack.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Ioio

[IMG]

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
  18. Orbital101 Augur

Veksar
    [IMG]

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Frornul Journeyman

I wonder if the folks in charge can make downloadable revamps of the 1st generation zones which would come in packs on the marketplace, so as not to "Ruin it" for nostalgia fans.
  20. Orbital101 Augur

Ldon Folly!
    Within the Compact
    [IMG]

Folly of Miragul's Ambition
    [IMG]

Frozen Nightmare
    [IMG]

The rescue
    [IMG]

Ritualist of Hate
    [IMG]