Old maps that you dislike and would want to see remade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, May 22, 2015.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Considering that most people download the map pack from mapfiend and toss that inside the EQ
    map folder without creating a extra map folder... The map pack they offer contain maps that
    are included in the patcher and that no matter how many time you will add or make change to
    those layers(included in the patcher) they will always be overwriten. Thus often creating
    double layers if using another layers that are not included in the patcher with simular labels.

Here are the maps layers included in the patcher
    abysmal
    acrylia
    akanon
    alkabormare
    arena
    ashengate
    barter?* which zone use the same layout as bazaar? was that suposed to be a extension of the
    bazaar zone but the new bazaar ended up been revamped by it?
    bazaar?*
    beholder
    burningwood
    cabeast
    cabwest
    cauldron
    cobaltscar
    commonlands
    commons
    crescent
    crystallos
    dawnshroud
    discord
    dreadlands
    echo
    ecommons
    emeraldjungle
    erudnext
    erudint
    erudsxing
    everfrost
    feerrott
    felwithea
    felwitheb
    fieldofbone
    firiona
    freeportacademy
    freeportcityhall
    freeporteast
    freeporthall
    freeportmilitia
    freeportsewers
    freeporttheater
    freeportwest
    freporte
    freportn
    freportw
    gfaydark
    greatdivide
    grobb
    grobb_1
    guildhall
    guildlobby
    halas
    harbingers
    highkeep
    highpass
    hillsofshade
    hollowshade
    icefall
    innothule
    innothuleb
    kael
    kaladima
    kaladimb
    kerraridge
    kithicor
    lakerathe
    lavastorm
    lfaydark
    mesa
    misty
    mistythicket
    neighborhood
    neighborhood_1
    neighborhood_2
    nektulos
    nektulos_1
    neriaka
    neriakb
    neriakc
    nexus
    northkarana
    northro
    nro
    oasis
    oggok
    oldkaesoraa
    oot
    overthere
    paineel
    paludal
    poknowledge
    potranquility
    qcat
    qey2hh1
    qeynos
    qeynos2
    qeytoqrg
    qrg
    rathemtn
    rathemtn_1
    rivervale
    shadowhaven
    sharvahl
    soltemple
    southkarana
    southro
    sro
    steamfont
    steamfontmts
    steppes
    stonebrunt
    stonehive
    sunderock
    swampofnohope
    tenebrous
    thurgadina
    thurgadinb
    timorous
    toskirakk
    tox
    toxxulia
    tutoriala
    tutorialb

Not sure if the prog servers are using the old version or not of the prevamped zones but
    Misty Thicket as a misty.txt file and a mistythicket.txt file and the one that the game use
    is the mistythicket.txt
    As well as the non revamped steamfont.txt used for anything ? The revamp use steamfontmts.txt. Same for tox.txt and toxxulia.txt and highpass.txt.. They are the old version of the zones and not sure if they are still used for anything.

Nektulos_1.txt file is empty so what ever you put on that layers will be deleted every time
    you run the patcher. Can we maybe get that file deleted off the patcher? thx

With the exception of my recent map highkeep that I moved the data from layer 0 to layer1 giving the option to use either by toggling layer 0 or layer 1 on and off.

That been said I deleted all the layers 0 of the maps the patcher use and mostly all of the
    layers 1 data that was creating double lines and labels and then removed the double labels
    and kept the additional information there then deleted every files the patcher use to make 1 full zip of cleaned maps. I also added a few extra map folders to be renamed or deleted as a starting guide if you ever wanted to copy a map there for additional information that may help on HAs,quests or raids. If so then on the top left corner of the map window there is a tab with the default folder and can scroll down that tab to get to the other folders. I have one for lots of the CotF HA because the layers were geting pretty full of labels and one for Thulisaur HA that I never really finished for the mercenary.That I off course I did not share ;P
    The Zip include ALL the maps and should not have any double lines or layers but if any does just let me know!

CLICK ME and either choose ONLY for my maps alone if adding them to a extra folder or FULL for ALL the maps. All you have to do is unzip the file in the main EQ map folder and enjoy the game at its highest!
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Yes, I know some maps as light colored lines as in Lavastorm. Only way to fix that would be to create darker lines on another layers. I will see what I can do with what there was previously. I am running some explorations achievements on my alts so I will eventually cover all the maps. I very doubt there is many of those... Even surprised Lavastorm turned out to be that way without noticing it.

I also just realized that I had my Solusek's Eye map in there that I started like 2 weeks ago but never got to finish it... Soon as I make my round I will get on it... There will be another update soonish but will eventually get it right. The goal is to make it progressively better.
    Sigrune and Fanra like this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Did a big update on it but I would hold on to it if its not the end of the world then wait another 24/48 hrs.

I also forgot to add that If you unzip the file inside your maps folder allready been full of maps then the extra data from your extra layers wont be overwritted. Good or bad depending what you got on there but possibly expect some double labels. It is best to delete all of your maps... Unzip the file inside the map folder then run the patcher and log in.
    Sigrune likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Solusek Eye
    [IMG]
    and yes the cleric epic mob is labeled!

There should be no more double labels.
    Added lots of zone in and zone out that were missing.
    2 or 3 more maps with light lines and will eventually remake them so I kept them at is for now seeing how horrible those lines were added in mappie, not even following the ingame XYZ. I may aswell remake them.
    both zip as been updated but for the single one I need to update them with the one inside the zip. Some may have older version that I need to update. I will do that some time but first let me go sleep a week. Unless there is anything urgent, dont expect any update for a bit.

CLICK ME
    roguerunner, Eriadoc and Fanra like this.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Remapped Bastion of Thunder. Its available as a single pickup and added it in both zip.
    Lingum and Sigrune like this.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

Shadeweaver`s Thicket added as single download and added to the zip... dont ask me or I will probably reply that I am addicted!
    Sigrune likes this.
  7. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

Thank you for putting it all in one pack. I love all the work here!
    Fanra and Sigrune like this.
  8. Sigrune New Member

Thank you very much Orbital101 and everyone else who helped with these maps. Great job!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Frontier Mountain and Siren's Grotto added to the pack and as single pick as well as included in the 2015-08-04 updates with:
    Brellrest: added spell turn in npc and merchants that was missing
    Eastwastes: deleted 2 double labels.
    Jaggedpine: half-elf shoulders illusion labels added
    Taskish ruin: zone in to elddar forest added
    PoSky: island 9+ labels
    Sleeper Tomb: Color coding
    Cobalt Scars: deleted the lines on layer 1 that was exacly the same as on the base layer
    CLICK ME
    or
    tinyurl.com/eqmappack
  10. Darkark Augur

Heya Goodurden, if you're still looking for suggestions I've noticed Tempest Temple is a bit of a mess. The main island area is not the easiest to navigate with, but unfortunately I don't have any specific suggestions for it. The coral area on the way to Caverns is usable, but missing lots of pieces that would help for quick navigation, and the ship wreck isn't much chop either - there is more than one level for instance.

If it helps, I have also verified all the named locations from this Allakhazam link.

As always, thanks for your contributions here. Much appreciated.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

I only made the contour of the island and the road from the bottom on up and back down to the lava temple area. there is no mobs or nothing of interest any where else on the volcano. Its sometime more confusing to add stuff then not.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Added Kaesora to the pack and it is available as a single pick up in the Kunark Folder at

CLICK ME
    or http://tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    [IMG]Also Fixed, deleted, moved, reduced and color coded all of RoF and CotF labels so that it is easier to hide the layers by type.

Base Layer: Map Data, zone in and location informations.
    Layer 1:
    Quest NPCs + Merchants (Big Blue Labels)
    Layer 2:
    Quests update and Ground spawn (Small Black Labels)
    Quests related NPCs (Big Dark Blue Labels)
    Quests Kills Related NPC (Big Dark Red Labels)
    Layers 3:
    Hunter nameds(Big Red labels)

Piece!
  13. Orbital101 Augur

Added Howling Stone
    [IMG]

and Temple of Droga
    [IMG]

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME

I am letting you all guess which one is next :D
    Silv, CrazyLarth, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  14. Brohg Augur

wowee those are crisp
  15. Orbital101 Augur

Kedge Keep added only as a single download atm. I need to double check the pack and sort out the updates I did on multiple account folders. I will have time to finish Fungus Grove and maybe get any feedback on Kedge Keep by that time. It was a hard one to figure out.

I have put the files in Classic
    at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Fanra likes this.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Also if anyone as a LoN brownie illusion for sale or trade at a decent price I might be interested in buying it. I think this is the smallest size we can get beside maybe the Old rabbit foot but I'm not going to do all the questing on my rogue that I only use for mapping lol.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Meldrath's Mansion added in SoF Folder and in the map pack. Considering Breaknek drop the best Form of rejuvenation for War,Pal,Rng,Shd,Mnk,Brd,Rog,Bst,Ber and the map was some waht broken/missing some rooms... I told my self here a good reason to hit the zone with a fresh and clean map. :p
    at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
  18. Brohg Augur

aside on Form of Rejuv: War Pal SK Brd have an alternate drop that's much simpler, the Backplate of Blessed Resilience from Crystallos raid mini Aerius Windfury
  19. Lingum Elder

Thanks for the great work. I was going to suggest BOT, but you beat me to it. I am presently spending a lot of time there on Vulak. The map I am using is quite the dogknock, so I'm hoping this will be a big improvement.
  20. Orbital101 Augur