Old maps that you dislike and would want to see remade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, May 22, 2015.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Slowly getting there lol :confused:
    [IMG]
  2. Dibab Augur

wow.... thats amazing
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Very interesting to say the least, Though I would say that this style should have its own folder similar to how you have a special folder for collections and the like. While this is awesome for those who use the normal map, I think that the excess number of lines in certain areas will cause issues for those who use fully transparent maps that cover the whole screen.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

atm im still under the amount of the original lol. The original was made with automap and if you look closer there often twice the lines on top of each others which I allready did a quick pass to reduce the amount of lines a while back.

but ya this is a one time project I dont think ill do again any time soon... its not productive and very time consuming, though a little more artistic then just laying lines around. Anyone can do that if they take the time of doing it.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I wasn't meaning as far as the number of lines used, but that when one uses a map that covers the entire screen and has a transparent background things like the blacked out caves and the intricately designed buildings can make seeing things difficult. Now if you keep it in the map window with, then it is lovely and fine.
  6. Khauruk Augur

It's quite neat. I don't think that the mountain bits around the zonelines quite fit the theme, though. I'd also look for something more there to show the uplift in the topography around the volcano. I love your little SolRo castle, tent, and the trailer for the gypsy camp, though!
  7. Malbro Augur

I like this, I think it would work
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Caell Augur

I like seeing the maps reflect a bit of the zone's character and not just being a strict outline of boundaries.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dibab like this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Bumping this back up with
    Shard Landing
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Hard to draw anything nice when mappie crash every 4-5 lines... Wish I could take my time but when I do and crash I end up trying to speed my time lost. Anyway for the height that we need to look at it will do just fine.
    Also added Lavastorm and some minor updates:
    More Collection labels
    Zone in to Lichen Creep from Corathus Creep

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Untill next update, safe traveling!
    Caell and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Agrippa Augur

Thank you for using colors that people can actually see for your maps. So many of the older default maps use a light grey, white, or other terrible color for zone boundaries or labels.
    Iila likes this.
  11. Kohnn Elder

Abysmal sea needs help . Impossible to find anything in that zone without a /loc spam
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Your the not the first asking for Abysmal... Ill see what I can do but my guess is that it is not a map issue but a zone/find coding issue. Find dont work probably because there is too many collisions and different direction to choose from that it just create a error. You need to be in specific open area for find to work... Ill see if i can do for the next update.
  13. Brohg Augur

yeah, Ctrl+F has exactly nothing to do with the mapping function. Zero zilch nada
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Here we go,
    Abysmal Sea!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I kept the details to a minimum to make it easier to go around and find NPCs but as far as Find command goes there is nothing I can do about it. Well, almost as I seperated the area in 3 colors and using Find will work if your NPCs that you are looking for are in that area. I also added the Quest NPCs and vendors that was missing along with the tradeskill containers. I separated layer 1 with Merchants/GMs/Spells, layer 2 with containers and zone information and layer 3 that is usually used for named with Quest NPCs since there is no named may as well get a use for that layer. Also the boat seam to be tilted some which doesn't help the filter to work properly.

I also cheated the green area Z axis by 2 pts up or down to make the lines fit with the height filter when set to L 15 H 15 to see that whole area. It took time but its working like a charm!

The old map was ok but was quite a few mistake. As in when you create a line, that line create a start point and a end point and if you start creating the line high and finish low then you need to keep doing it for every other parallel lines to make the blending smoother with the filters since its looking for the start point first.

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Dibab, Iila, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  15. Dibab Augur

love everything thats been done so far, one small exception. Went to seru today after server up and noticed i no longer had a map of the maze level, tried to play with height filter to no avail. just something i thought id point out and hope it helps :)
  16. Orbital101 Augur

thx for letting me know... I removed some double line a few weeks back and I might have removed to many :eek: . Ill add in the original back in the pack in a few minutes. :D
    Fanra and Dibab like this.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Fixed.
    Iila, Fanra and Dibab like this.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

2016-05-19 update
    House of Thule, Upper portals added
    Al'Kabor's Teleport NPC to a island to the next added with keyword
    Dead Hills to Tower of Rot
    Korafax, Home of the Riders to Citadel of the Worldslayer
    Field of Scale to Hatchery Wing, Kaesora Libary, Kurn's Tower, Swamp of No Hope, The void
    Steamfont Mountains to Argath, Bastion of Illdarea via airship
    Greater Faydark to Dranik's Scar via PoD
    Butcherblock Mountains to Shadowrest via Rokaon Sternheart, (Dwarf near docks in one of the small buildings)
    Ocean of Tears to East Freeport
    Dragonscale Hills to Tinmizer's Wunderwerks (Inst), Deepscar's Den (Inst)
    Loping Plane,HoS
    Factory (Exit from)
    House of Thule, Upper Floors to House of Thule, Lower Floors
    Shard's Landing to Heart of Fear: The Threshold
    PoKnowledge to Shadowrest
    PoValor to PoTranquility
    Halls of Honor from PoValor
    PoStorms to Torden, the Bastion of Thunder
    Reef of Coirnav to PoTranquility
    Plane of Innovation to PoTranquility
    Plane of Justice to PoTranquility
    PoTranquility to Po Sky, Po Hate (old) both translocators
    Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands to PoTranquility, Stronghold of the Twelve(PoEB)
    Natimbi to Nedaria's Landing
    Zhisza, the Shissar Sanctuary to Silyssar, New Chelsith
    Silyssar, New Chelsith to Zhisza, the Shissar Sanctuary
    Barren Coast to The Barren Sea
    The Barren Sea to Barren Coast
    Solteris, the Throne of Ro to Katta Castrum
    Erillion, City of Bronze to Sepulcher of Order
    Stillmoon Temple to Broodlands
    Thundercrest Isles to to The Broodlands
    to The Broodlands to The Accursed Nest
    Added the maze back to Sanctus Seru

Thx to everyone and specially to Krowbar for his evil list of things to do :rolleyes:
    Now if anyone have any information on those zone lines let me know they are listed but havent been able to find where and how to get to them. Some of them are probably from some special events or instance that let you zone to them but I might be wrong.
    ---------
    PoDisease to Ruins of Lxanvom (Crypt of Decay)
    Drunder, Fortress of Zek (Plane of Tactics) to PoTime B
    Plane of Torment to PoTime B
    PoKnowledge to PoSky (?? Zone guide says so)
    Dragonscale Hills to Loping Plain
    Temple of Marr to Halls of Honor
    Halls of Honor to PoValor
    Torden, the Bastion of Thunder to PoStorms

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    roguerunner and Fanra like this.
  19. Sarcogian Augur

putting out better updates than the game, good. keep it up.
    Iila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Brohg Augur

1-Pit behind the Grummus fight
    2-pretty sure that's one-way from PoTimeB, the portal behind Rallos there
    3-Ditto, Saryrn
    4-
    5-Boat on the south shore
    6-
    7-one-way from PoValor, the canyon behind Aerin'Dar
    8-one-way from PoStorms, clicky object in the central flume area with frogs