New Instanced Zones Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Banuvan, May 28, 2015.

1. Tachyon Augur

It's a good idea in theory, but people don't use the /lfg tool anywhere near the numbers that would respond to an /ooc. I've been able to form groups at will when I put the call out. With /lfg response is much more limited.
    MBear likes this.
  2. Glistarian Augur

No, they'll just camp all the good drops in all the instances. You still won't get those camps.
  3. vardune Augur

Yup and its awesome.
  4. Mardy Augur

People should be happy, this way everybody gets to have fun, not just the hardcore or box armies. I truly believe the newbie zone instances are part of the reasons why people have stuck around longer this time vs last round of progression servers. These higher level instanced zones will extend playability for everybody, including the casuals. This is a win/win for the server.
    SuedeVeil likes this.
  5. Barthorn Elder

Lol just because you don't agree with my logic about instancing doesn't mean my reasoning is ignorant. You can't call people ignorant because they don't agree with you
  6. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

LOL
  7. jagarr Augur

i didn't see a single guild come out and say 'we want to go hardcore up against TL this time' and TL obviously didn't either, so they had pretty much open recruitment going for a month and picked up every single raider. now they can cherry pick from that giant group of players and kick the bads and the sads and still have some people left over in case a few mains burn out early and afk for the summer.

you can't really blame them. they played it pretty well so far. they don't even have to sploitz now since there is nobody else even remotely close to competing. five thousand people and only 1 guild could (barely, from the screenshots) field enough work week vacationers to get early boss kills? that is wild. sure the server issues were awful, but i was hoping somebody would step up and take them on at least!

it was self-fulfilling. everyone on here bitched about TL getting everything for three months, so TL got everything.
  8. Banuvan Augur

You didn't disagree with me at all. You spouted wrong information completely and now are trying to back it up. Obvious troll is obvious. Have a good day sir.
  9. Rolento Augur

Lower Guk is also instanced
  10. Healiez Augur

Im not complaining, so dont jump me here.

The only thing that may need to be considered is pickzone going to a 20-30 minute cooldown. Currently at 5 minutes I see the ability for abuse with multiple instances.
    Orko likes this.
  11. Barthorn Elder

LOL you're a funny dude. GLHF bae
  12. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Wasn't a big fan of GoD, personally, but OoW and DoN were fantastic, IMO.

Do you ever find it ironic, as I do, that people who left EQ for WoW in that timeframe call post-Velious or post-PoP "complete garbage" when that game has, in the opinions of many, myself included, always been complete garbage?

Pretty funny, really.
  13. DarinaRagefire New Member

LAWL
  14. Fallfyres Augur

-----------------
    Thats what happens when you are ambivalent. Ya get pushed and pushed and pushed.
  15. arwilly Lorekeeper

Fantastic! Thanks for the list. Even better than what I had hoped for. You guys rock. Looking forward to having some mobs to kill now!
  16. Banuvan Augur

I didn't even know who TL was until two days before the server opened lol. My friends and I knew we wouldn't be able to compete with people like TL. We accept it. It's cool. We will be able to kill the bosses eventually and when the rest of the population is ready to start raid bosses and finds that there is no possible way to contend with TL then they will most likely be made into expeditions so that everybody can enjoy them. If the outcry at that point is anything like the outcry about instancing zones then DBG will do it to please the larger portion of their player base rather than catering to the few. Atleast I hope that is what they would do.

BTW, I got nothing against TL. I say kudos to them for being able to do what they have done.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------------
    Nope. Those for instancing as much as is humanly possible have already figured that out and assure us that prices are going to come down just a bit, and everyone will have fabulour gear, and everyone will have pockets of plat and everyone will sing kum bai ya. Casuals will embrace the members of T-L, there will be picnics and wine-tastings and we'll all see each others better side after this, promise.;)
  18. Banuvan Augur

Well, it would have to be longer than respawn times I would think. Respawn times in lguk are what? about 26 minutes? If it was 20 minutes then a group could get a rotation of spawns that way. I'd say closer to 45 min - 1 hour to change to prevent that type of abuse.
  19. Alexanders Augur

Thanks Roshen and everyone else on the development team. These changes to /pickzone go above and beyond what the team originally had in mind and also shows your continued acknowledgement that Ragefire is leaps and bounds more popular than expected. Pat yourselves on the back for a job well done.

Now that's done and your all free to move on to other tasks but before you get too far ahead of yourselves remember that Kunark will be here before you know it. While your fresh off the presses of updating /pickzone you might want to look at adding it to Kunark zones for testing purposes down the road. If not physically code it maybe just an internal list of zones you maybe adding /pickzone to in the future.

I know people will say that once Kunark is open /pickzone wont be as needed. That's just foolish all the low level zones in Kunark will need it to support all the new Iksar characters at the very least it should be considered and discussed internally at Daybreak.

Thanks again.
  20. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

You, sir, win the forums for the day.