New Instanced Zones Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Banuvan, May 28, 2015.

1. LittleBrumski Augur

Too much loot ruins the economy? The farmers/krono sellers are devastated.....*crocodile tears*
    Banuvan likes this.
  2. Banuvan Augur

Care to elaborate and bring something to the discussion? All points should be brought up if they haven't already so they can be discussed.
  3. Alexanders Augur

Yes that's exactly what I was looking for. I spent almost all of my beta time in classic zones.
    Thanks,
  4. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

I am curious also, I'd like to farm some evil eyes but if the threshold is too high it wont effect this zone much
  5. Healiez Augur

No its a fantastic idea, on fippy there were always over 100+ people in lower guk at any given time, and ragefire has more people then fippy and vulak combined.

Actually gearing my toon is not a complete pipe dream anymore.
    Menthas likes this.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    One might think the dev's have drawn that conclusion as well.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Chardok is debatable on being raids (Royals are really borderline on "raid" mobs) - and none in Howling Stones.
  8. Tudadar Augur

This was overkill imo especially with 2 servers. I dont think zones like lguk should have been instanced. So now your pretty much instancing everything but raid content. This goes against the original loot inflow anti instance statement and makes me wonder why raid mobs arent being instanced also since everything else is.
  9. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Naw. See, its been done. Its being done in other MMO's right this minute. I will refrain from naming said titles, however it is a fact not a general might-be that inflation hurts the most casual of players, not the top tier who made the first couple bills. Much like real life.

One can hope that the joy being expressed right now before everyone actually experiences the new higher level of instancing extends throughout the next years in EQ. Just hoping.

Though it isn't the general players that will infect our game if instancing isn't handled well. There will be a period when the middle masses have more access to more of the high value 'cool' gear and innocence prevails. However, many more of the gold farming workers will show up, probably sooner rather than later. Inflation gives them cover. I think hyper-inflation is something to be vaccinated against. Not welcomed with open arms. Hopefully this hard working dev team will have the authority to actually manage this. <3o_O
  10. Healiez Augur

The royals are most definately raid targets, they drop some nice loot and items for a large number of epics...

Charasis is a little more difficult to justify as a raid zone... However Drusila is a HIGHLY sought after mob on a long respawn for one of the best items in the era.
  11. Vaclav Augur

I imagine they will be instancing raids and the other zones at this point and that they're just being more patient to have it done and well tested so that they don't end up making it abuse-able.
  12. Mardy Augur

No need to debate over Kunark right now please, it's 6 months away. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Nobody knows what the server pop will be like then.
  13. kraggnar Elder

I actually put my starting group of toons, not all mine, on lfp and then sent tells to anyone in the same zone. I also had tells asking if there was room.

BTW at this point I am not boxing on ragefire.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Another thing I gestured at but didn’t state explicitly due to lack of time.

DBG, you have, with this swing-for-the-fences big change, earned back my subscription. I will now go to my friends (not that many *frown*) and begin lobbying to get them to come to the server as well.

We still have some work to do but this will take us very close to where the game will keep me paying for years (and buying exp pots and bags from the store).

Raid access is the next item on the list. At a minimum, epic encounters need to be triggerable. Ideally, all raid encounters would be expeditions/LDoN style spawn-an-instance/or in the case of pure raid zones, such as planes and VP etc, private instances.

Too many people is a thing. Even with two servers. Making casual raiders deal with sockers and hackers in order to play the game will not keep people like me around very long. It might be a large undertaking, but look what you’ve been able to accomplish in only 8 days! And once it’s done, its done and you’ve got the code polished and ready to go for the 2018 launch of TLP 4.0. We can do this!
  15. Banuvan Augur

Ragefire was 2-3x more popular than they expected. They weren't prepared for this type of player base at all. Instancing solves the problems of having hundreds of people in a single zone like lguk/sol b and opens up way more options for people. It's a good thing.
  16. Kunon Augur

The only problem I can see with instancing pretty much everything is that it will create a top heavy situation similar to that on the Live Servers. Given 6 months (with all the instancing the "not enough content" argument just poofed), everyone should be able to max out and reach 50 or close to it with solid gear. That means once Kunark (or any expansion there after) launches there will be the mad dash (as seen on Live) as most people will skip straight to the new end zones to get exp and gear upgrades (which I assume would be instanced due to crowding). With everyone packed into the high end with every launch and then die downs as everyone attains their stuff, there wont be much of a stable long term upper level population and the lower level game will disappear making it very difficult for late comers to catch up (as seen on Live). While this wont effect me (I like it honestly and fits my playstyle) it will hurt the longevity of the server and cause larger population drops.
  17. Smallpox Augur

Steamfont is not instancable? Really?
  18. Dartaniun Augur

Steamfont is supposed to be, was from the start. It's still broken
  19. Smallpox Augur

Thanks for that, thought I was going crazy. lol
  20. Kiaro Augur

Not sure what "Best in Slot" items come from Guk, I know a lot of good PRE RAID gear comes from there, and probably the best items that us more casual people will see (very excited, I MIGHT have a chance at getting a haste item now)