New Instanced Zones Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Banuvan, May 28, 2015.

1. Healiez Augur

not to mention a slew of long respawn epic targets
  2. Banuvan Augur

Well, the folks in my guild want to raid but we can't compete with TL at all so aren't even going to try.
  3. archy Lorekeeper

This is great!
  4. Healiez Augur

You wont be able to compete with TL unless you are insanely hardcore and willing to stoop to underhanded tactics to get raid mobs if Fippy is any indication of how their behavior on this server will be.
  5. Barthorn Elder

Give me numbers? Ignorant okay bro, when there's 8 instances of lower guk with 50 people in them, it may was well be your own instanced zone like wow, instead of clearing a dungeon you are at an instanced camp. instancing 8 lguks = 800% more loot for the server which makes high ticket items go down in price, which ruins the economy
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Skinner New Member

how is what I posted in any way a problem

I posted what I wrote in a forum that was "locked"

If anyone can tell me why it was locked I would love to know

I assume it was to consolidate instance talk into a single thread

That is why I posted it here

It was nothing but a "cup half full" thread, something this place is lacking
  7. Pikallo Augur

I agree to an extent, but at this point it is needed and is definitely not the same as WoW instancing. The difference between WoW and EQ is that in WoW you have individual instances for every single 5-man group/raid group that wants to do content and they get their own non-contested island to play on. In this case, you still have a full zone of different, potentially competing groups, it just means that more people get to actually play.
  8. Bolten_DA Augur

Guess you are going to quit at PoP instances and beyond cause it's to much like wow right? I hope that wasn't serious.
  9. vardune Augur

U got load balancing and pickzone creation based on zone population. Not individual group instancing, huge difference.
  10. Weebles Augur

50 people in each lower guk zone is still pretty full, and should make the game still feel like an MMO.

Are you saying you would rather 400 people? Seriously?
  11. Damned New Member

Except there are 8 times as many people playing. Whats your solution, have 200 people jamming into guk and the other 200 waiting in EC for a chance to buy inflated price drops?
    SuedeVeil likes this.
  12. vardune Augur

Just cancel ur account please. U have no idea what u are talking about. this is load balancing pickzone instancing based on zone population. Not individual group instancing, which is ldon style. This is a win win for the community and a huge loose loose for the RMTer and camp poopsockers.
  13. Banuvan Augur

They haven't released numbers but you can take logical guesses by actually being in the zones. Upper guk made a second instance around 60 players. First instance currently has 59 and second has 21. You can make an educated guess with that. Probably different for each zone considering mob densities, potential camps, size of zone, etc.

It is ignorant. 50 people in a zone =/= your own personal zone. 50 people in a zone have that place cleared for the most part and everything camped. You can believe whatever you want but ignorance and a refusal to listen to logic or facts doesn't help a discussion move forward.
  14. Ltldogg Augur

Also, they have jammed way more people per server then ever before and especially way more than back in 99. So the ratio of item drops will not be that different.
  15. Barthorn Elder

I'll play until PoP the only instance is PoT. After that the game is complete garbage, so yeah I'm not playing after PoP.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Not really - more items with more players with more money reinflates their value.

I hate it when people try to quote economics when they don't understand even a 101 level.

Supply actually exists on both sides of the equation - just RL supply of money (demand side supply) is relatively static which is why in "dumb economics" it's not relevant. But when you start talking about stuff like worldwide economics where inflation between multiple currencies is a thing it becomes much more equivalent to EQ's current "plight" (which really isn't).
  17. Vaclav Augur

Poor you, you'll miss one of the best expansions produced (GoD after it was fixed).
  18. jagarr Augur

i don't think anyone wanted individual group instancing for regular dungeons. that'd be cray. some people argued for instanced raid targets with long lockouts and nodrop loot (like me) but with the way raiding is looking right now, i don't even think that'll be necessary.

and pickzone alone is a HUGE step up from a single zone that is being 24/7'd. i still think the additional instances will be monopolized as well, but it'll at least be easier to kill stuff for XP in them.

raiding is kinda dead already. there is like zero hype, its crazy.
    everyone that wanted to raid got into TL during open recruitment and so far i haven't heard of any other guilds that will even be trying to compete.

maybe when other guilds start fielding numbers that will change but... are there any? all i see is tiny guilds running around and random people unguilded everywhere.

after the herd thins this weekend with lockjaw and a lot of casual nostalgia players burn out (end of june), then maybe raiding will pick up.
  19. Orko New Member

Some people who were planning on making bank on this server are gonna have to pick up some extra hours at the Huddle House to afford rent now. ;)
  20. Healiez Augur

You ever give the game after PoP a try, some of the zones and ecnounters are incredibly fun and technical. Not just tank boss, hit it, cure sometimes....

I think some people just hate instancing because they are dirty hipsters and its what is cool