New Instanced Zones Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Banuvan, May 28, 2015.

1. Pikallo Augur

Personally, my thought on this is that raiding on a TLP server, especially in Classic/Kunark is such a joke due to game mechanics(mages and other buffs) that all it really comes down to playtime and the willingness to camp a spawn. You don't actually need any skill or coordination to kill raid bosses, you just need warm bodies at the spawn point willing to sit there for hours so they can spam damage as quick as possible when the boss spawns.
  2. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------

Yes but see you apparently actually PUT GROUPS TOGETHER YOURSELF. The great majority type their name in the Lfg tool frame and sadly wander around feeling bereft because they haven't somehow been noticed, chosen, invited. OOC works well, class channels too because some players have alts. Its about being proactive rather than being done to.
    Tachyon likes this.
  3. Healiez Augur

Kunark unfortunantly poses a unique problem with pickzone.

Most of the best grouping/loot zones also house raid targets...

Chardok, Karnor's, Sebilis, Dreadlands, Howling stones/charasis to name a few off the top of my head.
  4. Brelar Journeyman

Basically everything that's not a raid zone. Hooray!!! I look forward to getting gear on my chanter.
  5. Alexanders Augur

Before you could change the /pick lockout timer to anywhere near an hour you would need to fix it so it puts you in the same instance as your group. Otherwise it will cause problems forming groups and people getting back to the group if they happen to die.
  6. Banuvan Augur

With the way mage pets are you don't even need that many bodies. Just 2-3 people to 6 box and the targets die.
  7. Healiez Augur

Exactly!!!

The number of BiS items that come from raiding is actually not that high... A lot of even raiders gear comes from group zones...

Some of the raid armor is laughable... I swear they spit loogies at a wall with stats listed on it to make that armor.
  8. Banuvan Augur

Yea, i've noticed that. It's rather annoying at times. I've had group members in one instance and unable to join us in ours because it was full. That would need to be solved pretty quickly.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

At least 6 months out. It's entirely likely, even probable, that crowding won't even be an issue then.

Instancing in the old world makes a lot of sense, though. The old world content can't support these pops at all for a significant timeframe. A lot of people likely won't still be playing, many more won't be at the levels needed for a lot of Kunark content, and Kunark is massive compared to the old world.
  10. Brelar Journeyman

Basically everything that's not a raid zone. Hooray!!! I look forward to getting gear on my chanter.
  11. jagarr Augur

with kronos as flippable as they are right now, most RMTers don't need to camp mobs anyway. mob camping is just an auxiliary source and its easier to just do it totally unattended on a large scale on live servers and then xfer the kronos for lockjaw/fippy. on FV, baz trading is probably even more efficient than that because of the healthy rares market there.

more importantly though, this opens up XP camps for regular people!
  12. Greymere Augur

Looks great hopefully its nicely balanced and isn't easily abused, if it gets a largely positive response from the players maybe at some later point the raid stuff can get a look.
  13. Healiez Augur

You could be right, but on fippy when kunark was released there was a HUGE influx of players that had stopped playing or were waiting for kunark to release to come and play..

I would have to say the population probably increased by 50% or more overnight. Sebilis during prime time would have well over 120 people in it, and karnors would constantly break 70-80. I could walk from the entrance of chardok to the kings room without agroing a single mob during prime time...

I see this problem being even bigger on ragefire/lockjaw, there will be a massive influx of returning and new players when kunark drops.
  14. uk6999 Augur

Hey no complaints from me about that list. I think it is pretty awesome. Instancing lower guk cuts down on the farmers as well. Also more availability for the FBSS. Exec Axe, SSOY, TBB, etc, etc will possibly make more people play melee classes. Which I think we can all agree some diversity is needed in the current state. There are a lot of really good drops in that zone!

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=49#Items

Forgot to mention that I see Sol A being instanced as well. Some really good items there as well.
  15. Alexanders Augur

You lost me there... so your saying day 1 Kunark launch there wont be hundreds of new baby Iksar running rampant in Field of Bone?

That's why i was arguing at the very least the Iksar newbie yards will need to be instanced or it will be the same mess we had here. You realize there was like 12 instances of Gfay? but only 1 Field of bone? That would be awful for anyone who wants to start an Iksar.
  16. MBear Augur

Tried posting this separately but it was ghost locked. Assume it was because we have so many threads open on instancing.
    Can anyone help with this?

17. MBear Augur

FoB was already instanced and tested on Beta if that helps set you at ease.
  18. Banuvan Augur

Which to me just makes instancing like they did today even more important. Instancing raid targets will have to be figured out though considering the points you brought up earlier.
  19. Babyruthie Elder

Doing this in Lower Guk is a mistake IMHO. Leave LGUK/SOLB/HOLE alone.
  20. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No, I'm not saying it won't be crowded, or that they shouldn't look at instancing then, but it's 6 months out and the population will be more spread out in the world and in levels.

Let's see how this goes, now, and worry about that then, is my point, essentially.