Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I'm pretty sure that these newbie zones are dynamic as in the more people that zone into them, the more mobs that spawn.
    Ishbu likes this.
  2. Kalamir Journeyman

So Prathun makes a random change to mob density in newbie zones and doesn't communicate that random nerf to anyone? Clearly as Absor was trying to find what went wrong and possibly fix it before realizing Prathun did it and then he bows out of this mess. That worries me a bit.

Prathun's argument is "well in 1999-2004 people made it work". Do you understand that in 1999-2004, you didn't have a floodgate of people playing in newbie areas at the exact same moment? Not to mention, the majority of people playing on the TLP servers have experience with EQ already and know how things work, where things are, etc... It was a completetly different era and experience back in those days. You simply cannot compare them.

Revert the change as clearly it was foolish. I can appreciate wanting things to be more "more like classic", but don't offer some quality of life changes but revoke others that actually work well on a TLP server. Some of these quality of life changes on the TLP are what makes it fun to play on. Fighting with 85 other players over 40 spawns per 3 minutes isn't fun. Telling players to "rethink their strategy" isn't a good response either. It's simply a case of player to mob density. It's just simple logic.
  3. Relyn Lorekeeper

I always thought this too. Checking areas that have no players probably isn't a good test. I guess we'll see once Agnarr goes live and the zones are filled with people. Also, if there end up being 50 players running around and not a mob in sight, I bet that will get fixed fast lol.
  4. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

No, it wont get fixed.
  5. Arrk Augur

DBG "Working as intended, we just didn't inform all our staff"
  6. Syllestrae Elder

Even if that were the case (which I do not believe it is), there are a ridiculously low number of mobs in the 1-5 areas. If a level 1 barbarian had everfrost completely to themself, they would still have a very difficult time trying to level up to 5 without changing zones.

Just go compare Everfrost to North Qeynos and it will be immediately, blindingly, stupidly clear.
  7. Talimat Elder

Why did they reduce the mobs in starting areas?
  8. Shaidin Journeyman

That is the question of the day.
  9. Zapford Elder

Most Qeynos mobs drop items worth several gold each. It will def. be the place to be to make some early spell money.
  10. Syllestrae Elder

This is the question everyone is asking.

Took them a week to even admit that things are different, and still no real explanation as to why they did this.
    Dulu likes this.
  11. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Just another poke in the eye for the TLP community. To many more pokes and my eye will be seeing Destiny 2 on the horizon :p
    Dulu likes this.
  12. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Agnarr is going to be the first server I don't start out as a DE and it was a decision I made before this. But if this results in lower DE population then I have no problem with it.
  13. Rolento23 Journeyman

You think its a non issue until you roll a race with a newbie area with no mobs. Take it from people including myself how this will go. I rolled Barb on Phinny at launch, there were 100s of barbs running around. with 100s of mobs, all being instantly tagged. now take 100s of barbs with 10 mobs and tell me how thats going to work out.

It was a honest to god pain in the to level as a barb on Phinny at launch. Granted exp was slow, but it took hours to get to 4. God help you if you roll a barb and try to level there if the mob spawn rate isnt fixed.

I promise you, tomorrow this thread will explode if left as is
  14. moojor New Member

Just rolled up a DE on Ragefire. There are zero white mobs in the starting area. There were a number of yellows further out but they were in and around hostile pathing red mobs.

Circled out until I was seeing all red mobs, didn't find one single white mob and I was the only person in the zone.

Unless the guards are going ape on everything in the newbie area, something needs to be sorted out.
  15. Shaidin Journeyman

Frist toon, a Barb shammy
    Didn't see ANY lvl 1 mobs whole leveling to lvl 2
    Took 14 mins. with no competition
    No deaths (even tho I was fighting lvl 2s and 3s)
    only earned about 7 silver

Second toon, a Barb Rogue
    Saw 5 or 6 lvl 1 mobs
    took 14 mins to level with no competition
    2 deaths
    earned about 8 silver

Third toon, Human cleric. in Qeynos
    Leveled almost entirely on lvl 1 mobs and a few yellows
    13 mins to lvl with 3 players as competition
    no deaths
    Earned 1plat 4gold

4th toon Human cleric in West freeport
    Leveled almost entirely on lvl 1 mobs and a few yellows
    14 mins to lvl with 2 players as competition
    no deaths
    earned 2 gold, 2 silver

AND my Favorite!!

Dark elf cleric in Nektulos Forest.
    No mobs within sight of the city gates.
    Level 1 mobs were fairly rare and scattered.
    Many of the lvl 2 mobs hurt a lot.
    The decaying skellies tend to path around higher level skellies
    It took 29 mins to hit lvl 2 with 1 player for Competition
    died 5 time. because I didn't run since the guards were so far away.
    earned 4 gold (1 plat 3 gold if you count the cracked staff I kept as an upgrade)
  16. Voth Elder

I've been planning on resubscribing to try this server out. It's so nice to see things are the same as always.

Is Dzarn still around? He had a nice hobby of fixing broken things and implementing cool new quests.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

Unfortunately Shaidin missed the launch of Agnarr as he was still updating his journal with how long it took him to get to level 2. They will be missed.
  18. Shaidin Journeyman

Heh well yeah I get to play Wed-Friday noon then I will be gone till Monday... Seems I lost my poop sock when I had kids :)
  19. Talaran New Member

Looks like I will be rolling a Human cleric to shave a minute off my 1->2 leveling time.
  20. Grelf Journeyman

Give us reports on the rest of the newbie zones and I will etch your name in the very stone of the earth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.