Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic Augur

Box teams will be happy, no lvl 1 mobs, but them can easy kill yellow-reds..
    Regular, not boxed players will trying to find something to kill in Nektulos for hours :)
    Dulu likes this.
  2. Shaidin Journeyman

I just got done doing a quick test on the barb newb area. The test included a brand new lvl 1 shammy and the only gear used was the starter club, Spells inner fire,minor heal, and guild starter tunic.

1: I leveled from lvl 1 to 2 and never saw a lvl 1 mob.

2: If not for inner fire and minor heal I would not have lived. (I'll maybe test a War and rogue next)

3: From the PoK book to the Ice goblin camp there might have been enough mobs to support 3 players.

4: it only took me 14 - 15 mins to hit lvl 2 with zero competition for mobs.

5: got zero cash drops of any value, when i hit lvl 2 I had only 6 sp, 9 cp
    Galleyan likes this.
  3. Grelf Journeyman

Anyone got a list of places that are working as intended versus working as we want it to?

Working as intended:
    Everfrost
    Nek
    Tox
    EFP newbie yard.
    Innothule? (new Innothule kind of sucks anyway)

Working as we expect:
    Gfay
    Misty Thicket
    Paineel
    Feerott
    Qeynos
    Butcherblock
    Steamfont
    WFP newbie yard

One of the things to take away from this is that EQ is a great game for having so many starting areas/cities. Newer games have Generic_Hub_01.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

And people wonder why people box. I'll be on my 3 + 2 friends day 1. Won't have any issues.
    But I'm sure it will leave a bad experience for quite a bit of folks.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Everything is working as intended. Working as you want it to? What world do you live in lol.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Not much left to say, tptb have decided for whatever esoteric reason messing with the players is a preferred means of entertainment. I am not providing them any further enjoyment by being outraged.
    Too much going on in the world to worry over idiocy in a game.

Thanks Absor hope you did not get any flak from looking into it.
  7. Runes Augur

Everyone Chill..you will be in groups on 1st day and will get fine xp killing yellow cons. Will take all of an hour to get past level 3 mobs. This is a small speedbump not a roadblock and only affects the racers who want 50 by 2nd day and cant deal with an hour delay.
    Runes
    Crixos likes this.
  8. Wolrok Elder

Whoa wait what

You expected to be able to solo at level 1 in EverQuest?
  9. Brumans Augur

I mean, this change is still stupid and pointless, but this isn't exactly a difficult problem to solve. The level 1s group up and kill some yellows for a bit, problem solves itself?

This "major issue" will be over with in like a few hours.
  10. Koronu187 Elder

its still dumb that this was done, and close to the server release.

Theres no reason why it should have been done.
  11. Shaidin Journeyman

Sure! I did it back in 1999!
  12. Shaidin Journeyman

lvl 1 Barb rogue test...
    14 minutes to lvl 2. (only because of zero competition)
    Saw 4 maybe 5 lvl 1 mobs
    Died twice
    made 7sp, 9cp
  13. Catashe Augur

Honestly Tox Forest ain't that bad.. I think it has such a bad rep because back in the old days Tox Forest used to be SOOOOOOO dark that them blind Erudites couldn't see 2 feet in front of their faces.. So they got on the boat and and went to Qeynos which was alot more open and not as dark.. With no more bad night vision thats plenty of lvl 1 mobs and fire beetles etc to lvl up in the northern part of the zone then get up high enough you can move to the southern part of the zone when you get lvl 5 or higher then move to Kerra Isle for the teens
  14. Blatty New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but 19 pages post, J-1 and still ZERO final answer from any dev on this topic ?

Are there only 5 devs total working on this game that they don't have time to adress the MAIN problem of the newest server launch that will happen tomorrow ?

Jesus and I was so looking for getting back into this game to bring back the old memories. Nice communication we got here in 2017.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

Sounds kind of final to me:
  16. nagash101 Augur

Nope and Nope.
  17. Zapford Elder

This is such a non issue, but keep it up, the salt from your tears pairs nicely with my popcorn.

OMG it's going to take a whole extra hour to hit level 50 because there aren't any level 1 mobs...
  18. Shaidin Journeyman

Tried out Cleric in Qeynos because the buffs starting out are about the same as Barb Shammy at lvl 1

Made lvl 2 in 13 mins

Killed primarily lvl 1 mobs with a few yellows

A lot more mobs than Everfrost newb area. (although seems about 30% less than last week)

Made 1pp, 3 gp, 5sp, 4 cp (which is a bit over 19 times the money I made in Halas)
  19. Groans Augur

This is simple, if there is a low mob count don't buy xp potions, it won't be worth it. That will get them to fix it faster then complaining here. Speak with your wallets and they will listen.
  20. Wolrok Elder

Don't count on that. I ran around the entire section before the bridge, saw 3 kobold runts and a snake that was even con. Everything else was yellow or red con (saw 1 fire beetle). Right in front of Erudin was a red con 'a skeleton'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.