Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machentoo Augur

How could you tell that the level 3 was level 3? If it was just yellow con, it might have been level 4? Inquiring minds want to know your test parameters.
  2. Machentoo Augur

I didn't do it at level 1, but I did it 30 minutes in on Phinny, when I was level 3 or 4, and there wasn't a single gnoll up in my way.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Apparently Berserkers are afraid of mobs... and so to help them they have eliminated a good many so these brave lads and lasses can now level quickly without being triggered by nasty cruel yucky mobs..

I-did-not-know-that !

See learned something new
    [IMG]
  4. Shaidin Journeyman

It was a Wooly Spiderling that was Yellow. Zam says max level is 3
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Well since there's nothing to kill at level 1 you pretty much have to move then.

I'm thinking it's going to be all about timing. As the entire barbarian population rushes the tunnel and BB just hope you aren't one of the ones that gets whacked. Lol
  6. Shaidin Journeyman

Lol make it an event like the drunk gnome race
  7. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, pretty much. But even if it takes 3-4 tries, the vast majority of barbs will make it to qeynos within the first hour or so.
  8. Machentoo Augur

And by the time they are done with the qeynos newbie yard, they will be able to origin to halas and either gate back to qeynos or run back with little fear.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That zone in the tunnel and the Q Hills zone in BB are going to be a treat. Not sure what that will even look like. First thought is trains coming back off the zones. But at level one they are going to one and two shot anything they get their hands on and not sure they'll even get that far. But at the same time it's a constant rush of possibly hundreds of people.

I find myself curious and fascinated with how this plays out and simultaneously thinking about just going druid elsewhere to start. Which is irritating because it was just this afternoon that I'd finally decided on shaman.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Running through an empty BB is fairly easy if the guards on the QH side are busy killing someone else or otherwise occupied.
    Running through BB when people are playing may prove more interesting as the nastier gnolls get drawn up to the surface, as they always do, and kind of hang around killing level ones.

May as well have fun with it. I would just try to work it out in EVP somehow.
    Form a raid
  11. Machentoo Augur

I'll tell you what it will look like. In the first fifteen minutes of agnarr's existence, there will be a few dead barbarian corpses, on either side of the zoneline. After that, the massive rush will have completely cleared all mobs, and will keep them clear for the next 2-3 hours. It will not be an issue at all, unless you are on that cutting edge that has to make it to qeynos two minutes after the server launches.
  12. Machentoo Augur

95% of the players that will ever run through bb will do so far before that ever becomes an issue.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Meh I dunno... Maybe Qey is going to level faster and they will be hitting BB within an hour, they will be on the normal path, People in Hal are at first confused, most wont know about it, then word gets around as people start running and then more and then more I figure the peak hits about the time the first trains hit the QH zone line and never leave.

Come on that may be some funny stuff.
    What I hope is by some voodoo the zone works out and they can just play.
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Yeah, it's night and day a couple hours after launch.

There's one static gnoll in the tunnel that's the problem. If he's not there the ones on the side may not aggro. If he is I think they will. If you cut straight for the zone entrance without getting too close to the walls I think you can avoid the others. Possibly even the ones by the entrance becsuse they are a bit to the side I think. And I'm not sure about the ones that flank the exit in the hills. I've seen them aggro coming out of there but sometimes not. If you make it that far you are pretty okay just gotta watch out for random stuff the rest of the way.

With my luck, I'll make it to qeynos the first time and run right into a darkpaw at the zone.
  15. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Oh and, yes, if I'm not at least level 4 an hour after server up I will have considered by launch day a fail. Lol

I'm only half kidding.
  16. Machentoo Augur

It will take players in Hal about two minutes to realize, "Hey, there are no mobs here. I see level 3's on the /who all list, and I am still 5% into level 1. Maybe I should either reroll or go somewhere else."

EQ players are not quite as stupid as you think.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Well you know whats happens is those trains get dragged to the QH zone line where you cant see them coming from EVP. Run into tunnel, boom. I can see a steady stream of naked Barbies rounding that corner,,, the horror the horror...
    It happens even when nothing has been "fixed".

Let us not even contemplate intentionally putting them there....:rolleyes:
  18. Rhodz Augur

Heh I am not going near that one LoL
  19. Machentoo Augur

Which costs you nothing but a two minute run through Everfrost. And if it takes you 3-4 times, well by the time you make attempt #4, that train will be dead to the more effective premaid groups that started in Qeynos.
  20. Crixos Journeyman

You people need to relax. The reduction of lvl 1-3 mobs directly at the entrance of some starting cities will be no big deal. You will be lvl 3 on the second day of the server anyhow and never look back. People are crying like robbed babies about something that will affect them less than 1% of their play time on any serious played char.

Catch the thousand of other lvl 1 and group. Choose a suitable pick and spread out. There is no *real* problem.... *sigh*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.