Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolrok Elder

lol

I'm not saying that it's impossible to level, but hop on Ragefire or Lockjaw and make a new character in some of the zones people have been complaining about.

Check out Everfrost, Nektulos, or Toxxulia and tell me there isn't going to be a problem.

Every newbie garden seems to be impacted to some extent.
  2. Wolrok Elder

Want a real fun zone to check out? Look at Toxxulia Forest. I have no idea how a newbie Erudite is supposed to level there in its current state.
  3. Dontee Elder

should be fun.... or not
  4. Crixos Journeyman

I did that and I also contributed to main forum thread. It is definitely different and way worse than before the patch. I'm not arguing there is no reduction and that it will be not detrimental for the launch. It will slow down my own leveling as most others starting in the affected zones. Just the drama here on the forum is silly, the devs checked the situatuion and told us it is working "as intended". And there is a thread about it with initially good feedback from the players. Now it is just whinning around about a minor issue. People even claim the would skip server because of this? Ridiculous stupid.

And not every zone is affected, e.g. Paineel was as crowded as ever with lvl 1 mobs on Saturday.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

18 page thread about a non-issue. You all need to calm down.
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Rolling a barbarian?
  7. Vandross Lorekeeper

ya this just in. the farmers use /pick too :)
  8. AgentofChange Augur

If you are really going to freak out that much just start literally any other race that can play the class you want. Race change to barbarian immediately and kill yourself. CONGRATS, you're in the commonlands as a barbarian 1 minute into the launch good job.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No.

This is a legitimate issue. If you don't want to read it, don't.
    Karrbon1 likes this.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

It's actually not and Agnarr is tomorrow. Deal with it. Pretty sure you'll somehow manage to get where you need to go and level up, and a month from now when everyone and their alt is level 50 you'll be laughing about how dumb the whole thread was.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I'm sure I will too. But I'll discuss whatever legitimate issue I like regardless of what the local trolls have to say about it.

In a month, it may still be an issue. Alts.
  12. Wolrok Elder

It's a dumb pointless thread about a dumb pointless change. It'll lead to complaining the first week and then maybe disappear except for the newbie areas hit the hardest.

Doesn't change the fact that the change was dumb in the first place.
    Ellis and Healingyousometimes like this.
  13. Wolrok Elder

I don't think the mob count in Paineel has ever changed since launch.

And yeah, the hyperbole is over the top, but online forums, what can you do?
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

People are reporting no newbie mobs in several newbie areas. One if which is separated from the next closest by a dungeon and a run that includes patching higher level aggro mobs. 1-10 sucks. Some of would prefer to spend the hours following launch levelling and not looking for places to level at the lowest possible level of the game.

Where is the hyperbole in that?
  15. Goodnews Augur

incentivizing xp pots, go!
  16. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Exactly, why change something that didnt need to be changed?
  17. Healingyousometimes Journeyman

Q: Will Race change potions be available on Agnarr?
    Yes, Race change potions will be available on Agnarr at launch. Please note that only unlocked races will be available to change to.

Just sayin...
  18. Tekkenz! New Member

Isn't Steamfont and a few other areas effected pretty severely too? If the devs see everything is fine from their tools then likely the mobs are spawning wrong or getting stuck somewhere. I can remember that was an issue way back on live that had to be hot fixed. I believe they were all pathing to one spot out of bounds so the mobs were never seen by a live player. I guess it could be they just plain removed them, but that seems pretty silly to do something like that. Hope they take the time to get to the bottom of it.
  19. Wolrok Elder

The hyperbole is that that ruins the entire server and is worth canceling over.
  20. Zapford Elder

There are 4 on the EF side. Top two you can't get by without agro, 3rd you can't get by without agro, 4th you could skirt the wall, but you'll already have 3 on you, so just blitz the whole group; the tunnel is much longer than I remembered, good luck. Best bet its don't be the first one through, always let someone else draw the hate. Zone into QH has one mob directly across zone who is unavoidable, and 1-3 outside of mouth. Again, don't be the first guy through, and just run.

On the other hand a full group can probably kill them all, and the top 2 can easily be split pulled with proximity agro.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.