Nektulous Mob - Low Spawn Rate After Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anarth, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodz Augur

Oh that wont cause ANY problems lol

Gnolls are going to level up on Barbies!

And the hilarity ensues when they find out Qey is fighting over spawns already!

Man sure would be great if those quests hadn't been nerfed... looking at you PH. (jk)
  2. Rhodz Augur

Felwithe was much better just recently, leveled a char there during a PH bonus xp weekend (RoK Launch or there abouts iirc) in hopes they would roll back the xp nerf. Did you see any Treants at all?
  3. bobjones1208 Augur

I wonder if XP potions will suspiciously go on sale right after launch similar to Phinny...
    Superdeath likes this.
  4. Eels! The Musical New Member

I just went back for a second look, and you know what? No, I didn't see any.
    Plenty of wolves, spiders, bats, skellies, bees, pixies, etc., both by Felwithe (hill NW of the gate) and Kelethin's main yard, but didn't see a single arborean.
    Rhodz likes this.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Saw the numbers up and really unless that respawn is danged near instant (2 sec is min iirc) you get a few player critters going and it may be popcorn time. WTactualF ?
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto, brought my 3 box, had 2 friends log on, 5 people in NEK forest to test, saw 4 other people testing. We were out of targets in 5 minutes.

Gee I wonder what it's going to look like with 100+ in the zone. Any starting zone that had it's mob count lessened.
  7. Kahna Augur

I get the frustration but FFS. If level 1-5 mobs in a handful of zones would make you reconsider playing on the server what were you going to do when things actually got annoying?
  8. Galleyan Augur

It's the principle for a lot of people. It was for Phinny too. You can only disrespect your customers for so long until they tell you to take your product and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    Wayloss likes this.
  9. MichaelPants Journeyman

The mini treants were never classic. I believe they arrived around Luclin era. Sorry all. I don't mean to fuel the fire.

I remember always contesting mobs. I haven't logged in to check, but I imagine the mob density is greater than classic. The fewer mobs may also encourage grouping. I'm okay with that.
  10. Koronu187 Elder

I hope they come to their senses, its really a dumb change, can't think of a good reason why they would do it.

Its only going to piss off their customer base. and in a game this old they should really be trying to hold on to them at all costs there are plenty of alternatives out there

Yikes
  11. Dulu Augur

Rusty weapon drops seem to have been ninja nerfed as well. Played characters to 5 in Freeport, nektulos and gfay and have not seen a single rusty two hander, and a marked decrease in overall weapon drops.
  12. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Naturally, I'm planning to start with a barb shaman. Have you ever done the run from halas to qeynos at level 1? You can do it. But it takes an age and a day because maybe if you are lucky you don't get whacked in BB The 5th or 6th try. If you make it that far past the gnolls in the tunnel and all the random pathers on the way.

What a complete fubar. Nice work, DBG.

On the bright side, I haven't resubbed my 6 accounts yet, nor have I purchased the bags I was planning to. Some very nice mods for the new version of the game I've been playing dropped today and modders have posted that there are some other highly anticipated ones coming later in the week. I might be content just playing that instead and waiting for the next TLP when they get this stuff worked out.
  13. taliefer Augur

If people are that concerned pver this, try throwing g a tweet at holly. That used to be the thing to do when you wanted attention~
  14. anathema Augur

They introduced instancing for the newbie areas to combat the problem of too many people and too few mobs. They must have reduced the number of mobs so that they could solve the problem again.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Unfortunately "so long" has proven to be pretty damn long for a lot of us.
  16. Galleyan Augur

You're completely correct. It's frustrating. They know they can treat us like trash. They don't *HAVE* to care about their customers, cause we come back no matter how many garbage bad decisions they make. Again -- I'll call them thugs.
    Machentoo likes this.
  17. MichaelPants Journeyman

I can't wait! I will be a few hours late to the launch party, but I intend to log in day one. Thank you Daybreak for this opportunity.

As had been said. Many of us have varying opinions of the golden era. Mine has been Planes of Power. Though I do have my gripes regarding the PoK stones. I'd love a quest to crush them all. Those teleport stones were introduced too early! I digress...

The Daybreak team has proven to be receptive. Even so much so as giving their blessing to p99. This is the server I've always wanted. I cannot wait to begin!

/endloveletter
  18. Rhodz Augur

I dont know guys this looks like pretty good sarcasm what do you say?

7/10 but would have been 8/10 if it was signed Bill Murrey.
  19. Shaidin Journeyman

[IMG]Never Posted a pic here so may not work, but I took a lvl 2 ranger to Halas to the first cross road as you leave the city and only found 5 mobs. 1 level 1(which I had to kill because it jumped me, 3 lvl 2's and 1 level 3.... And a vengeful that jumped me cause I had my red tracking off... granted my track skill was only 15 but it covered the newbie passage almost to the goblin camp and a bit past the pok book.

Nope no problem here...
  20. Rhodz Augur

Hey come on the Skels look GREAT!
    Good trade!
    :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.