Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. zhay Journeyman

AB is still lagging ( both in chat, zoning and gamplay) and item disappering from GH as well as houses in villages going away.

FIX THIS or tell us about when you are going to fix it

zhay
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thankfully the cs people ran some extra checks & I now have my missing character back. Very relieved & very happy with the service I got.

I'm sure this is an extremely rare thing to have happen, but just to be on the safe side I'm going to take screenshots of all my characters on the character select screen & keep them safe just in case lol.
    Jumbur likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Might want to do the output file command now and then, cover your real estate, bank, inventory.
  4. Adroxia Elder

Sunday raid time, and the server is actually performing ok!

If you did something - keep doing it.

If you did not do something, find out what's changed and then copy it and make it happen every other day!

Hopefully this keeps up. If this becomes a trend, I may re-subscribe the 3 alt accounts I cancelled!

Either way, keep this level of performance please!!!

A few more !!!! because my surprise is actually uncontainable.
  5. Adroxia Elder

Now I posted too soon! Just past 6pm UK, and the lag has returned. Raid window movements extremely slow, tells becoming slower and slower, the usual.
  6. Asmadeus Journeyman

Still been an ok-ish sunday compared to what we usually get, but yeah not quite fixed... More and more peeps are complaining about missing house too /sigh
    (and I thought the anchor bug was fixed? is that now AB-specific as well?... I guess other guilds wouldn't know unless their GH came back :p)
  7. Kable Lorekeeper

same ol different day can we get and update of status of this server?
  8. Adroxia Elder

Monday raid time, about 7.20pm UK, we are doing Prince raid in Chardok. Lag is 1+ minutes, which makes the book calling quite difficult.

We had first alchemist dead before the book caller announced the numbers, and before the tank had even done the count down to trigger the raid.

I'm quite sure you're now actively trying to make us quit.
  9. Sashnia Elder

Lag is terrible again.

I am a sad panda ><
  10. barky New Member

YAY AB crashed again!
  11. Asphyxia New Member

It didn't crashed they took down the servers, I got a message saying to logout immediately as the servers were coming down
  12. Asphyxia New Member

[Thu Jun 29 11:50:13 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down NOW! Log out immediately!
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wrong thread guys, this is about the LAG, not crashes!
    And well...
    I was zoning at the time, and to me it looked like a crash too.
    What good is a message if it comes through AFTER the server was "taken down"?

On a thread-related note:
    Prior to the "crash" (or "taking down") i tried to parcel some things to some mule, trying to make room in my bags.
    One mule, went fine...
    Other mule:
    Got my parcels back, said "character is not known" (i rechecked spelling etc)
    So i guess AB lost it's connection to the login-server or whatever system it is you keep the accounts+charnames on right before the "crash"...
    And if that's the case, then you should "investigate" at that point/connection more.
    And more closely.
    I *am* quite sure the whole issue is with backend inter-server communications.
  14. Asmadeus Journeyman

Lag actually has been fairly decent recently, if something has been done - please keep it up!

During raid tonight I noticed something like 3 or 4 short (<10s) lag delays on chat; I probably missed some and it's still far from perfect, but we got used to way worse, and to be honest I was expecting something horrible with the bonus XP going on.
  15. Adroxia Elder

Sunday raid day, and the lag is back as bad as ever.

We've had people in the guild who quit AB because of this. I'm sure they were not the first. I know they will not be the last. Quite some have just quit the game altogether.

This is not funny. :mad:
  16. eliandra Elder

so no news ? you tried something ?
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

18. Mizar Lorekeeper

The usual, some ppl zone more or less ok, some other take ages. Rezz window pops while in guild lobby, hit accept, chat for about 2 minutes in group until zoning starts.
    I find really hard to believe this is so hard to track.

* /tell + non standard chat channels
    * zoning (PoK, lobby, halls in an special way) - not the process itself, but the 'start' of the process
    * scripting (delays on timed - % based steps, spawnings, etc)

Client-server comms look fine, spellcasting, abilities
    Ping and packet loss are 100% ok the whole time

Task load may not be the cause but for sure is a factor that makes the issues move from 'barely noticeable' to become 'unbeareable'

Check what processes run on what VM or whatever hardware you have or what DB requirements or network intra-server comms are required for each part of the game and it should be easy to spot what part is not working well, since some stuff is perfectly fine and some other not.
  19. Asmadeus Journeyman

I take it back as well, it's still bad this monday and raid hasn't started yet...
  20. Aderahl<RF> New Member

Pretty please,
    with sugar on top,
    fix the halfling server.