Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Sheev Lorekeeper

Today is worse than ever. 2+ minutes on tells/channels. Zoning taking 5+ minutes.

We want to play, we want to raid, we pay you for this. Loyal customers are leaving faster and faster :(
  2. Adroxia Elder

Like Mizar, I have also cancelled 3 alt accounts. All of my accounts are on monthly subscriptions, so I have only this main account left.

No other method of communication has got through that this problem is serious, and persistent. We've had promises of communication about this, but we have heard nothing in some weeks since that promise was made.

This really is not acceptable. People are quitting because of this. AB is in a fragile state, and likely a whole bunch of people are not going to last the summer with so many other options to them.

I've lost count of how many times I've offered my guild to demonstrate how unplayable this server can be, but had no response or anybody even seeming interested to come along and see it.

I have no possible ideas left of how to make it clear other than to keep banging this thread until either it is fixed, or enough people quit the game that makes AB no longer sustainable.

I'm curious what the plan is here, because it does not look like a plan to get the problems fixed to me.
    Asmadeus and Dantius like this.
  3. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

To add my daily anecdote: you probably all know these 7-field teleporter pads in the Sunrise Hills zones. After a .. tactical retreat.. I zoned from our GGH (where all items had vanished again 2 days ago and new doors and portals were not put back in yet) to Sunrise Hill, ran to the porter field, stepped on the yellow pad that usually ports instantly to the counterpart near the lobby - and nothing happened. I dropped levi, ran over the field a few times, ran over the other fields, nothing. About 30s later I suddenly popped over to the lobby field. Well, nice. I run to the gate for the lobby and click, nothing again. Then I start porting around Sunrise Hill for all the moves over the various fields I did earlier o_O.. And a minute later, "Entering Guild Lobby"... Which takes another minute. Add another 90s for entering old GH to use the port to banner. About 5 minutes from evac to returning, 95% of that waiting for the server to catch up. Can we please have back the servers from 2001 ? At least the real crashes were something tangible.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. daBlubb Elder

96 seconds to send a tell from one char to another. around 5 mins until you appear in a raid after an invite.

So we stopped raiding again.

Additionaly today my house interiour inlcuding the trophies are gone.

Iam so pissed.

daBlubb
  5. Gaol Journeyman

Another raid called off early because of the unplayable lag, and yet we still don't get a word of apology or explanation from anyone at Daybreak.

I'm constantly amazed by the patience and resilience shown by everyone on AB throughout this year. It's a longstanding community and deserves better than this.
  6. Asmadeus Journeyman

Tonight was really horrible... Had over 2 minutes of lag most of the time, with peaks as long as 4min42sec (I wonder if we'd all have gone LD again if it had reached 5mins mark?)

So yeah, multiple raids called off or ending early again (at least two guilds were or would have been raiding tonight), I'm also impressed by the patience folks are showing but I'm really concerned it won't laste much longer.
  7. Sonal New Member

The way DB is handling this is shameful.
    If you don't plan to invest in the euro server anymore and just going to let it die slowly let us know so our EQ experience will not end on such low note. Does it really worth the few more months of subscription you can squeeze with this tactics ?
    After 17 years without a break ... this just might be the thing that will end my EQ advanture.
  8. gubman New Member

this is just not acceptable anymore, server losing players daily and soon no one left, i wonder what kind of excuses devs will come up to when the money loss gets big enough for a boss to ask about it.
    Maybe you dont care about us but you should care about your jobs, its clearly not done and dont worth a paycheck atm.
  9. Aelisha New Member

Maybe I am being cynical but is this an effort from DBG to shut down the European server because it probably costs more to run than the others? Drive the user base down to the point where they say there are not enough people left to justify keeping it open.

The disinterest and neglect is shocking as anybody who has tried to petition about anything and experienced days and days of waiting to get issues resolved will know.

Issues like this lag don't take months to identify. If they do, you're hiring the wrong people! Please give somebody responsibility for fixing this as nobody seems to want to take the initiative. Grow a pair.
  10. Tearsfall Softly New Member

With great regret, I too have just cancelled my subscriptions. The lag isn't (typically) bad enough to make the game unplayable, but it is severe enough to sap the joy from the game for me.

The last three days have been particularly bad though, and amusingly (frustratingly) my zerker was playing thirty seconds behind everyone else last night. We would kill a mob, but on the zerker's screen it was still alive and taking a beating from him (all night).
  11. eliandra Elder

fix this server now !!!! more than 6 months !!!!! you r the worst mmo company we ever seen !!!!
  12. Kable Lorekeeper

These people gives 2 about this server and players on it. I honestly think we got 2 options cancel and move onto a new game or just server xfer because complaining about it has gotten us no where and 3 general response from a dev. Hey if we find an exploit and use it you will see action same day
  13. Yirrara Journeyman

Today it was a lot better than on Tuesday - there were some chat lag spikes which made communication hard at times but mostly it was ok ... so if you did anything, it was mostly working, and if not, might be worth having a look at what worked better tonight ;)
  14. Deillusional Augur

Dont count on it being fixed, the test is when all the raid guilds are online raiding Sunday.
  15. Kyzvs Augur

So it's all my fault - one of my PCs is in bits awaiting a new CPU so I wasn't on last night... ;)
  16. Imrahil Augur

You guys have managed to cure me step by step from this addiction called EverQuest.

Thank you, DBG!
  17. Jubura New Member

Any news ?
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Even though people post less frequently here now, the issue hasn't disappeared.
    Not even gotten much better, if at all.

It affects ALL players, raiding or grouping.
    Only the raiding players are affected somewhat more i guess since one vital component of raiding is communication.
    And communication isn't going to happen much when channel-chat is coming through by the time an event is done.
    (Good that learning times are over and people mostly know what to do by themselves)

I further think we - the PLAYERS - have given you guys enough of a starting point for any "investigation" of what clearly is not a client-related but server/backend-related issue.
    It's not really our place to be your unpaid testing personnel, nor is AB a testing-environment - it is (supposed to be) a LIVE SERVER.

Yet a-live it might not be much longer.
    Already the population is low enough, especially during summer times, to hardly support the three top-guilds, let alone all 4.
    People cancelling subs over this doesn't help much either, and doesn't bode too well for next expansion's progression.
    The going on demotivates people.
    The lack of communication due to channel-lag diminishes the social aspect of an MMO, almost to zero.
    Things you SHOULD be concerned about.
    But seemingly aren't much.

As was said above, people want - and deserve! - feedback.
    People want - and deserve! - more than one or two Dev-replies on the issue in 7months.

Group-invites taking MINUTES to get through (from invite sent to the other char receiving the message and "accept" option).
    chat-channel-delays ranging from "not noticeable" to SEVERAL MINUTES, even during off-peak hours.
    Unusual zoning times, sometimes with a non-responding client whose process needs to be killed.
    These are all still very present and ongoing issues.
    GET MOVING!
    Else you DO run the risk of much of the remaining player-base will be moving.
    Off-server or off-game.

A shame that your silence gives reason to speculate that that wouldn't be a totally unwanted result :/
  19. Adroxia Elder

Still here ...

Still not fixed ...
  20. Asmadeus Journeyman

Was pretty bad again for a while yesterday as usual. (No idea about tonight, I don't bother logging in anymore except for raids, guess why?)
    It's always fun to call evac and then deal with folks asking why we didn't call it because they couldn't see the instruction that didn't go through during the messiest minutes of the fight. It's like they never noticed the lag before!

Less messages here is just because everyone just gave up on the idea that this does anything useful, but it's hard to quit trying when we have no other way to reach out.

On the fun facts side, this thread has gone over 10k views, yay us - may AB be the laughing stock of EQ servers for anyone reading this.