Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Kable Lorekeeper

Right now my MS 478 but this is normal ;)
  2. Ardin Elder

I wish i could come back to eq, but this lag keeps me far away from clicking a "subscribe" button.
  3. Ragbert Elder

Just in case the people looking into the problem have not yet considered the most likely suspect for why some things are extremely slow on AB. You could check into the communications between AB and the other infrastructure Everquest needs to run. The server is physically located in Netherlands while the rest of the infrastructure is in California. The network latency between normal servers is couple of milliseconds. If the server needs to check with login server, global chat server, the marketplace and other functions and send back and forth messages the latency will compound and it is extremely slow if packets are dropped and then resent. A 300ms latency between Netherlands and California will easily become seconds that otherwise would only take some milliseconds in a local network.

The bad news is that it will be extremely hard to fix since the lag is built into the service architecture.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Lennyn Elder

Agnarr is experiencing lag as well. We have good internet with Century Link and I was wondering if it was a problem with CL, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking no. Delays once they start climbing above 100, they just keep climbing until I relog. I relog and in just a few minutes my delay starts climbing again.

I can go anywhere else on the 'net, play any other game I have installed, and not have this issue. The issue only happens here at DBG.
  5. Lennyn Elder

I don't have an IP address for EQ, if I did I'd run a trace route and post the results. That's probably the only way DBG would look into this.
  6. Adroxia Elder

The problem we face on AB is the ping meter shows no issue, it always looks very healthy.

In many respects the game plays fine. There are no real delays on spell casts, or actions. Sometimes there are, but mostly not.

The lag and problems are all related to channels (chat, raid, guild, everything), zoning, instances, logging in / out, looting, raid window management, and all this type of activity. And these massive lag issues happen when the ping meter shows as completely normal.

It's very strange, completely inexplicable to us as players, and did not begin to happen until around Christmas 2016. And has been going on ever since, week after week after week after week.

It's basically coming to the point that the raiding environment on AB is under threat, so many players are just completely sick and tired of this across all the raid guilds, and I am quite sure many are either going to non-renew subscriptions, or stop playing on AB and start elsewhere. All of which is going to mean a proportion of people will just stop EQ altogether. This is not healthy.
    Imrahil and Skuz like this.
  7. shiren New Member

Totaly agree with Adroxia... but seems Daybreak have Nothing to do about european player. maybe they want to kick us out, anything is true. i'm leaving EQ for now... this is totaly of 6 account i paid, but it's a waste of time to come here for whine...
    Bye EQ and ill be fine as far i'm standing about Daybreak.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. smash Augur

Question is then. If adroxia is correct that it started in December 2016, what was done at that time that introduced this?
  9. shiren New Member

NOTHING. because they have NTD about european
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Has anyone else experienced characters disappearing? As in no longer on the account they should be on...(no I haven't moved it), I think it happened during the AB server crash.
  11. shiren New Member

happen sometimes dues lags ! just wait 3 or more minutes and they pop up
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nah this is far worse, my character is no longer on my account it has been confirmed as being on a different account showing no transfers took place - I am very frustrated to say the least.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have never heard of anything like that, I would expect that some logs would show the a transfer did take place, if it changed account by someone who guessed your password. But if there is no such transfer made through the client, and the char still ended up on another account then something is really wrong...:eek: Either a GM moved your account for some reason(without letting it show up on logs), or they have a serious database error somewhere...
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Something is indeed very wrong, someone now has an 85 Heroic Character I paid for on their account that used to be on mine and I have absolutely no idea how it happened, my conjecture is that the server crash may have caused something like this to happen but as fo right now the customer service people are not able to help me so I am very worried that I may have lost the character for good, I am trying my best to give them additional information, such as screenshots of my game files clearly showing this character was played from my PC but I am simply crossing my fingers at this point.

There is zero record of the character ever being transferred, which I expected as I have never requested one for this character, but the customer service person is taking that to mean that the character has never been moved when it most definitely has, by some rare technical fault somewhere perhaps.
  15. Skvoid Elder

Well after patch and maintenance, today I log in and it's taking over 30 seconds to zone and is sometimes Disconnecting me from game world too, on all 3 accounts, also logging into no characters on selection screen for 30 seconds is annoying too. Something needs to be done about AB, either move the server back to the US or change whoever hosts it in europe.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Just thought of something: if the heroic char was very new, when the server crashed, It could have been a simple rollback to before the char was created. And someone else just happened to create a heroic char with the same name immediately after the server was up again. Unlikely I know, but it could be an explanation...?

Anyway I doubt this is related to the chatlag bug, otherwise other players would have experienced it too. It might be sloppy exception handling for crashes, though...
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I heroic upgraded 3 characters at the same time, If what you suggest were true I would have lost all 3 of those characters.

Customer Service have confirmed that they found the missing character, correct name, level, race, class on another player's account - a pretty huge coincidence to have all those same criteria be a perfect match for the character I am missing.

As the CS people cannot see any transfer moves they believe the character was always on the other account, which I declare it was not, it was created on my account & then by some rare technical database fault or something it was taken from my account & put on another account, so I totally expect the character to show no transfers because it hasn't been transferred.

I have requested that the case be escalated & I am just going to have to hope it does get raised to someone who can look at some other data.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Then I have no clue, I wish you luck though, I would hate to lose my character like that...:(
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed someone at DBG can rectify this.
    Jumbur likes this.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Weird things do happen in EQ - anything in your eq files with that characters name on it? Like joeheroic.ini or on that line? You could screen shot that.