<Lost in Progression>

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Tankoruuk, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Grudge New Member

How long do you guys stay in each expansion? I'd like to roll a toon and get my epic but not if you only stay in an expansion for a few weeks or so.
  2. Videri New Member

Hi Grudge, LiP guild member Videri here. Here's how we determine when to progress to the next expansion:
    After completing an expansion, we will have a "farm period," typically 1 month. This period will begin after we defeat every major boss or zone; or, for expansions such as Kunark, it will begin when 75% of our full members have their epics.

After the full 1 month "Farm Period", we hold a vote to decide by majority whether to move on or stay longer. If we stay, the vote will take place every week until the majority of the guild's members want to move on.

You can read even more on the LiP FAQ. So, what do you think of that?
  3. Videri New Member

Greetings all,
    I joined <Lost in Progression> 1 month ago and I've had a wonderful time so far! I am happy to report that the community within the guild is strong and supportive, with members willingly helping one another through grueling battles and boring camps as well as well-oiled exp groups and exciting raids. According to my last count of total tagged members (minus alts, boxes, and mules), we have over 90 unique members; and there's a steady flow of new faces joining us as the days go by.

I would like to share these humorous in-character stories *and screenshots* of my adventures with the guild, and feel free to reply to this post here on Allakhazam with any comments:
    Chapter 1: Leveling with <LiP>
    Chapter 2: Further Leveling with <LiP>
    Chapter 3: Raiding with <LiP> - in which we assault the Plane of Sky... ;)

And here's all the current info on the guild:

<Lost In Progression> is a new guild dedicated to experiencing Everquest content from classic forward. With over 90 members and growing every day, we are currently adventuring in Classic and Kunark content, on our way to Velious and beyond.

Primary guild rules:
    -In-era gear and spells only (we are currently in Kunark). No defiant, Gloomingdeep, combatant's, etc.
    -current era level cap: 60
    -recruitment level cap: 50 (new characters must join the guild at or below level 50)
    -members may use mercs only when groups are absolutely unavailable, as we strongly encourage grouping. For those that prefer grouping over moloing/boxing, we are starting a weekly group night. PM me and I'll keep you up-to-date on that.

Current activities:
    -members are helping each other with their epic quests
    -we are progressing through the Kunark raid targets
    -see these screenshots and stories for a taste of what it's like to be a member of this group.

<Lost in Progression> is currently recruiting ALL CLASSES!!
    Plus, we are in need of more of the following classes to maximize our potential:
    Clerics
    Enchanters
    Mages
    Rogues
    Shamans

Feel free to PM me with any questions; or, for even more info and to join us on the journey, visit www.lostinprogression.com.
  4. Grudge New Member

Sounds great, I have some more questions, Ill pm you in-game.
  5. Foo dang New Member

I'd love to join you guys! I feel like I'm already too far behind if I roll a new toon :( how long would it take to catch up?
  6. Tachyon Augur

Not long! We have level 1s join every few days and depending on playtime you can get to the 46+ level in fairly short order. We are still in Kunark and will then be in Velious, so we'll be capped at L60 for a good while. Give us a try!
  7. Glarebear New Member

I'm going to create a character when the servers unlock! Hopefully you guys will take me because there's no other reason to be on that server :)
  8. frankie78227 Augur

Shameless bump for great group! Grats on 1st ring war!
  9. Videri New Member

Time for an update! <Lost In Progression> has "discovered" Velious! And yup, as Frankie78227 said, we completed the Ring War for the first time.

There are many weeks left in Velious, though, so new members have plenty of time to roll characters! If you're considering joining us on the journey, read on. I figure <LiP> is a perfect home for returning players, new players who want to experience the original Everquest, and current players looking for a challenge or a change-up.
    - We are now accepting apps for characters from level 1-60 (but they cannot be in any Velious gear at this time - we have to work for our treasure).
    - ALL CLASSES are welcome to join, including beastlords and berserkers. We'd especially like to see more shamans, clerics, druids, mages, monks, rangers, and shadow knights. But above all, we hope you'll play what you like.
    - New members join often, and several of us like rolling alts; so you'll be able to find grouping partners.

Apply here: http://lostinprogression.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?20-Applications
    (The website has been upgraded, so old links may not work.)
  10. Mohrgana New Member

I've recently returned to Everquest and I loved the classic game. I prefer the 'chanter role and noticed you were seeking more enchanters. I have a lvl 65 enc on the old Innoruuk server.

I'd be looking for a guild that is semi active in the CST time zone. I'm not sure how different leveling is on the progression servers but historically the Enc needs help to level quickly. So having access to groups (I'd prefer grouping with guildmates to pickup groups) is important.
  11. Tankoruuk New Member

You are correct, we can always use more enchanters!

Our raid times are M/W/T 9pmEST-Midnight, and we are on the Trakanon server which is just a regular old server (except you can't transfer on to it).

Check us out at www.lostinprogression.com!
  12. Videri New Member

I see a good number of people on from 6pm to 2am EST, so that should work out well with a CST player. And about groups - there are a few new players every week, and several people have expressed interest in leveling alts (myself included), so you can round up a group with a quick /gu chat. I hope you'll come give <LiP> a try!
  13. Mohrgana New Member

Those playtimes will indeed work well. I have created two characters (two accounts) on Trak, an enc and a druid. They are both lvl 3 and burning thru the 'Mines of....' tutorial. I'm slowly re-acclimating to the EQ Gui and gameplay in general after a multi-year absence. Once I exit the tutorial, I'll see if I can hookup with an <LiP> group.
  14. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Hey guys! I am very interested in joining with ya'll, and of course I do have a few questions! I do plan on making a level 1 Rogue to start out with.

1) Expansion relevant gear. I see that the gear has limits on it based on which expansion ya'll are in and I am not too sure on some pieces that I have. I see the no Gloomingdeep, Defiant and etc. Could someone help me when I am able to log in a little later tonight?

2) Which zones are we allowed to use? For instance is PoK, GL, and etc alright?

3) If Crescent Reach is chosen as a home city would that be fine?
  15. Tachyon Augur

16. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Really good guild to be in! A lot of fun and many people play during off times too.
  17. Finwen Augur

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to give you all a quick update as to what Lost in Progression has been up to for the past few weeks. Since fabled mobs have returned to dormancy, LiP has taken down several of the top raid targets in Velious. King Tormax, Dozekar, Tunare, Vulak and even the Avatar of War have been on the losing end of their most recent LiP encounters. We still have plenty of Velious content left and raid targets to take down (multiple times) so it's not too late to catch the Velious raid scene!

Server: Trakanon
    Raid Schedule: Su / M / W / Th - 9pm-12am (Eastern Time)
    Guild Leaders: Flimzy, Raxiel
    Guild Officers: Iksram/Mithrandir, Ishtarrak, Jark

Recruiting Information:

Please remember that we will accept all players interested in being a part of LiP regardless of class choice. Roll the class that you will enjoy playing the most!

Bard - Medium
    Beastlord - High
    Berserker - Medium
    Cleric - High
    Druid - Low
    Enchanter - Low
    Magician - High
    Monk - High
    Necromancer - High
    Paladin - High
    Ranger - Medium
    Rogue - Low
    Shadow Knight - Medium
    Shaman - Low
    Warrior - Medium
    Wizard - Low

There have been several rule changes that were voted on and passed by members since the initial guild launch with regards to mercs, zones, and quests.You can review the current rules here.

Apply Here!

www.lostinprogression.com
  18. Cherylynne New Member

I looked this all over, and I think I'm quite interested. I recently returned to EverQuest after a seven or so year leave, and turned my Cleric on the Tunare server into a heroic character, but ... I'm just lost right now. Overwhelmed, and alone. Play that tiny violin for me. But you guys seem to have come up with a very interesting way to enjoy the game. I think I'd like to partake in this. I am quite interested in playing as a Cleric once again; it's a class I feel comfortable playing, and would like to relearn through the ages.

I am curious, though. The Beast Lord class came about with Shadows of Luclin, and then the Berserker class came about much later. Do you allow races and classes from later expansions while remaining in-era as far as mechanics go? Curiousity and all; I was planning to recreate my High Elf Cleric.

Edit: Created! And dinged level 2 in Felwithe lol ... I'll put together my application on your website tomorrow. I'd do so right now, but I need to get going for the night.
  19. Nola New Member

That's great Cherylynne!
    Find any of us in game and we will point you in the right direction.
    Looking forward to meeting you!
  20. Hinastorm Elder

I understand that you dont allow people to purchase raid gear from the bazaar, but what about other, in era gear? I created a monk on the server and tried playing......sadly for me at this point, I dont see me ever getting to 60 without some weapons at least, or a PL, unless you have groups going that low, that would be cool.....that said i'd love to play with you guys.