Lions of the Heart, largest Casual guild EST/CST/PST Xegony

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Come one come all and visit us on Xegony :)
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just a reminder to folks. We do not support afk gameplay which is against Daybreak rules.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

108 toons online this evening enjoying grouping and casual gaming in a laid back way.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

3 pm EST Friday 89 toons online.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

107 toons online so far this afternoon enjoying casual group play and fun :) But remember test out guilds in advance no matter how good they say their company is.

I give online numbers because its the most objective guideline on how active the guild is but it is still just a number. I always encourage folks to test things out first with a throwaway toon.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We have 121 toons online this evening. If you have ever thought of moving to Xegony make a level 1 toon and check us out along with any other guilds on Xegony you might be interested.

Always check before you commit.
  7. Wittorf New Member

My dad used to play this game with his friends and would constantly talk about how great it is so now I want to give it a shot but have never played before I was hoping to join the guild and learn and be around allies since I have heard this game can be tough on your own o.o
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It is definitely a bit harder when you are brand new to the game because on the regular servers people tend to level fast till around level 80 or so. That means there are never a lot of lower level players playing to group with. BUT things are easier in the lower levels these days so much easier to solo content under level 80 and if you want to go Free to Play those levels are also easier to do that way.

You have two routes you can go. If you don't mind paying for a sub you can try one of the newer TLP servers. They will tend to have folks you can group with right away.

If you want to to try Free to Play or just want to be on the regualr Live servers (because I think they are better and they don't have as much negative game play) then you just have to be prepared to solo early levels. You will get some groups but they will be from higher level guild members and you will sort of be along for the ride.

People in Lions will help you out with questions or suggestions on web sites you can get info from though. And if you come on Xegony and try free to play you don't lose out at all because its free. Then once in and you get to know stuff you can decide if you want to pay for a sub or not.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Almost 8 pm EST and 119 toons online.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We have had quite a few folks join us this week and it is nice to see the Lion community continue to grow!

We are the largest and most active casual guild on Xegony but size isn't everything but at least our online numbers give you an idea of what to expect. Test us out first and see if you like the friendly, low stress environment of Lions guild chat and grouping.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I though I would speak a bit about why we keep a relatively clean guild chat. Words matter. I totally get that in stressful jobs or situations off color humor helps relieve stress. And my own use of language may change in a private tell or chat or private ts group but I like to maintain a certain level of language discipline in guild chat because that is the base line method of communication for the guild. Keeping it at a relatively clean level lets everyone enjoy and participate in it with no one being offended or made uncomfortable.

I also subscribe the the "first piece of litter" theory. Someone drops once piece of litter and others see it and it becomes more likely another piece gets dropped... and so on and so on....

I also believe that any organization needs some sort of discipline, for raid guilds its raid discipline and raid attendance. For us it's language. And I figure there are lot of guilds out there that allow much looser language in guild chat so we fill a niche for those looking for something else.

Anyway that is my philosophy behind keeping our guild chat relatively clean. And for me relatively clean means no swearing, keeping innuendos mild and no hate speech about anything be it politics, religion or whatever.

And with everything I hold myself to the same standards as I do the guild and if anyone ever thinks otherwise it would be completely fair for them to call me out.

P.S. guilds that do have loser language rules are not bad they are just different. They provide a setting for folks to communicate the way they want to communicate. That is a good thing.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Saturday morning and 104 toons online.

About to start my Lions MGBs (Mass Group buffs). We try to do these daily at least once and usually twice a day. Occasionally we miss some days.

Our MGBs are done behind the big bank in pok (away from most other areas so as not to lag them) and we do 5 different levels of buffs from pal, clr, dru, enc, mage, shm, bst, and rng. We start with high level buffs and then move downward in buff levels ending in at stuff that will land on level 1's. Everyone on the server will get some useful buffs.

I started this getting close to 8 years ago now because I saw a druid named wanderinglefty who was always in pok offering buffs or ports to players. Thought about it a bit and decided do the same thing on a bit bigger scale.

Even if you don't join us in Lions of the Heart you will always be able to take advantage of our MGB sessions which really help out low levels who may have to solo a fair bit.

It's our way of giving back a bit to our home server (well home after a bunch of mergers over the years).
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just trying to avoid drowning in all the Aradune recruitment ads.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Once the servers are back up from the 24 hour patch come check us out on Xegony!
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Lions of the Heart. We don't require you be a great player just a good person :)
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well we all survived the big downtime! Make a toon on Xegony and test us out!

19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Rising up, back on the server
    Did my time, took my chances
    Lagged right out , now I'm back in the game
    Just a toon and his will to exp

So many times it happens too fast
    You end up taking a dirt nap.
    Don't lose your grip on that level you just got.
    Don’t you take an exp powerdiveeeeee!

It's the eye of the lion
    It's the thrill of the drop
    Getting loot and not dying to that named mob
    And the last known survivor
    Stalks his prey in the zone
    And he's watching us all with the eyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee OF THE LION!

Toon to toon, out in the heat
    Hanging tough, without stat food
    We’re all buffed up and we will not retreat.
    For the kill with the skill to reding.

It's the eye of the lion
    And he's watching us all with the eye of the lion.

Rezzing up, we got wiped out.
    Had the guts, not the HP
    Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
    Just a toon and a group to rebuff.

It's the eye of the lion
    And he's watching us all with the eye of the lion.

The eye of the lion
    The eye of the lion
    The eye of the lion
    The eye of the lion
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Slow for a long weekend but 112 toons online atm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.