June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercbruce0913 New Member

Exactly. It's unprofessional. It's bad customer service. It's bad business. That quick update costs them nothing but means a whole lot.
    Koveras likes this.
  2. Stephen Journeyman

OK, coming up to 12 hours downtime, 5 hr patch - 7 hr......god knows.

Just tell us what is happening, please
  3. Regnon Journeyman

Bristlebane usually has about double of that in general
  4. Avory Augur

And not one person unsubscribed that day.
  5. Gafgarion Elder

lol yeah people always say dramatic stuff about quitting but i doubt anyone really quits over patch day, as infrequent as it is
    Avory likes this.
  6. Rovguy Journeyman

Ok guys. I do not represent daybreak games and I have no power but here is what I'm going to do for you. 4th of July weekend We will be doing double experience, also 25 percent off select items from store for all access members. Sorry about this patch, it didn't go as planned, but we know the quality changes being made are sometimes worth the inconvience in the long run. Please know that we are working tirelessly to get the game back working and you back into Azeroth.
    Elricvonclief, Malachi, Leigo and 2 others like this.
  7. Karthanon Augur

I haven't been this entertained since the people from church were helping Grandma move to an old folks home and she dropped a box of adult toys which all turned on when they bounced on the floor, and her cat grabbed one and started chewing on it.

*no cats were harmed in the relaying of this anecdote
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Avory Augur

How do devs not get tired... =O do they have an mass regen endurance buff or something!!???
  9. Sinrite New Member

I read a few pages, and then arrived at the page where a DBG Community Relations mod (pretty sure the only CR for EQ) enters the thread talking of warnings. I skimmed from there.

I left IT a few years ago in favor of executive management, and I understand the field changes rapidly, which means my personal opinion on the network and server matter may be outdated, so I'll stay quiet on that.

I've been in the public eye for almost 5 years now with my new career, and much of what I say or do is aimed at relations with customers, many of which don't understand or care about the inner machinations of my industry - they care about the product they receive.

Most of those that consider themselves to be gamers tend to have a similar mindset of wanting their product and, whether being civil or not, voicing opinions and concerns about why said product is not being delivered to expectations. I can only assume DBG understands gamers to a large degree; I would guess most of them are gamers themselves. I have also watched the maintenance thread, and though there hasn't been a definite ETA of yet, it has been updated (thank you RadarX). That said, to enter a thread with angry gamers suffering from withdrawal from unexpected downtime talking about warnings seems like a negative PR move...

--- I didn't bother to review the terms for forum posting, but I pass statements of this ilk through legal at my office on a weekly basis with little to no suggestions for change, so I'll gamble with that.

In the meantime, rather than be an angry gamer myself, I'll check out another title, or maybe watch some television. Stewing over an update when the team is doing as best they can is really a double waste in my opinion; if a person feels the team is wasting their time, then it's what I'd consider silly, to doubly waste said time waiting in angst.

Have a great evening all, and hope to see you in Norrath soon!
    Nightmares, Tandy, Tool and 1 other person like this.
  10. solarfly New Member

Seriously this is funny
    [IMG]
  11. Koveras Elder

And the term of Underpromise and Overdeliver doesn't bring balance at all, the same is true with the other way around.
  12. Feyero New Member

This actually made me lol
  13. Teivel New Member

They have been sleeping the last 7 hours man.
  14. Rauven Augur

If I went to the same fast food place and they screwed up my order each time. Told my friends about it. But yet when they asked where I'd like to go, and said the same place. How serious should they take my statements?

You've made a rant because you are frustrated, nothing more. You do not even believe a word you've even said.
  15. Ginfrecss New Member

wow..this downtime..whoa !
  16. gewenis New Member

17. a_librarian Augur

pppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss
    Kazak likes this.
  18. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

I just hope there's no rollback.
  19. Rovguy Journeyman

If they did have a rollback to day 1. Would you roll a different class?
  20. Teivel New Member

Probably. Wizard isnt as great as I had hoped. Got to 50, but would still prefer a different class currently.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.