June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sthrncowboy New Member

2. Rumlox New Member

if pantheon comes out before 2020 i'll be shocked
  3. Stephen Journeyman

2.30 am here....still maintenance.......WTH
  4. solarfly New Member

To finish your line of thinking, "...because Pantheon will never go down or have upgrade problems or unexpected network overloads or database rollbacks. "

We have 20 years of MMO technology now, HUNDREDS of games, and there's not a single one that hasn't had downtime. This is just normal.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  5. Krelian New Member

not too impressed with pantheon... yet.. :D Love the idea of forcing people to be social like our launch days of EQ .. but how is that gonna work with mills and insta gratification? hehe.. time will tell... I loved it personally and met some AMAZING people back in 1998-2004 .. oasis grinding days in the teens cmon! fun fun fun
    Rebelicious likes this.
  6. Axrelis New Member

Ive said this before. If you were gonna quit, you wouldn't post threats, you would just leave. I almost believed you though. "I'll do it, I swear guys I will, dont tempt me"
  7. Zaggan Journeyman

If DB is listening, I also request increased rare spawns through the week of July 4th. Just sayin'
  8. Daas New Member

Yeah I agree. As much as I miss those days, I have to be honest with myself that I no longer have the time required to make that work today. I probably didn't then either tbh, but live and learn.
  9. phattoni Augur

any update on this? last i seen was like 4 hours ago or something stupid.
  10. Cwalk New Member

Ah, yes. Because monkey wrenching the in-game economy with an influx of rare items is definitely great compensation for an additional several hours of not playing a game you otherwise have access to 24 hours a day.
  11. Feyero New Member

server status page says that servers are up
  12. Kazak New Member

the "housing issue" that was going to be resolved "shortly" was two hours ago.

Whatup
  13. Sarepean Lorekeeper

Servers are up.
  14. Senadin Elder

A lot sooner than that. Internal testing is to start soon. 6 months of that and alpha, add another 6 months...

@Axrealis i've been gone since GoD/TACVI era. Played on Ragefire for a month if that and nothing since Agnarr a few weeks ago. I plan on being on Agnarr for a while since it is fun and i found the community quite excellent! Remove Agnarr and im gone. i've raided a load of Time when i was playing hardcore. So yeah, ill be gone on my terms and that's when the aforementionned game launch.
  15. Intabus New Member

And wouldn't you think that after 18 years of coding they would be familiar with the code, or have it streamlined? Maintenance is supposed to be caching, indexing the data, dumping and reimaging the servers, and generally cleaning them for the week ahead. At no point is the code changed during "maintenance" so how can it break and required hours upon hours of work?

Simple, they act like the various support groups at my job. The front line people send it to their support triage. Triage sends it to someone else who doesn't handle the issue at hand and sends it back. Triage sends it to another group who doesn't handle the issue at hand, who sends it back. Triage tries again and again and again. Eventually they get it in the hands of the first group again yet its reworded this time so they decide that there is no issue on their end. Now several hours later front line gets tired of the bull crap from support because they are being barraged by customer complaints and inquiries, and involves management. Management asks Triage what's going on. Triage explains that they are trying to get the situation handled and starts a conference call with various departments, but now their pride is damaged because Management asked them if they know how to do their job. So they delay sending the info back by 30 minutes or cite the need for x amount of examples (which by the way was never a requirement before management got involved.) Conference call is full of people but only 4 are talking, and all are trying to deny problem exists. One guy with super thick Texas accent randomly says something relevant on conference call but its ignored. Front line gathers and provides examples. Triage delays another 30 minutes and sends it to first group again. First group went home for the day and conference call is wrapped up as a "work in progress" and will reconvene on Monday , regardless of what day it is now. Customers left without service and front line advised its a known issue.
    Goranothos likes this.
  16. Axrelis New Member

bla bla, servers are up, cya in game quitter :)
  17. a_librarian Augur

launcher working again for me...

HOOK IT INTO MY VEINSS
  18. Leigo You come here often?

Are you in beta? It's interesting, they need to smooth it out quite a bit more before going live.
  19. kizant Augur

Haha. I'm sorry to say but, in general, the older the code base the worse it is. Assuming that features are actively being added throughout its lifetime. Plus it's a little silly to think it's the exact same people for 18 years working on the same code.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

I need an achievement for reading this entire thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.