June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarfly New Member

Another way to see it is it's really impressive that 18 years of teamwork and transitions have kept an engine written in 1999 running on modern x86 hardware and GPUs. It's not like the core technology was rewritten (that was EQ2)
    Nightmares, Vexana_Lanys and Senek like this.
  2. PlanetNine New Member

Remember when EQ was down for over two months because of hackers ?

The good old days.
    Senek likes this.
  3. mercbruce0913 New Member

[quote="Remember when you could log onto EQ and play?[/quote]

No
  4. Regnon Journeyman

so a problem "Housing" which 90% of the player base could give a flying about, is causing problems for everyone instead of closing off that feature IE anchors or guild houses and fixing it desperately......great planning.
  5. Stephen51 Augur

Just a couple of things before I hit the sack.
    Try not to be too hard on the Devs. My guess is downsizing means they have to sweep the floor before they leave at night. They would happily communicate more with us if a) they had time and b) If someone on the board didn't roll out stats that show the numbers leaving the game vary little or not at all after unexpected downtime and would just direct them out the exit, shaking their heads if the devs give them any lip.

Something that hasn't changed with Daybreak taking over from SoE, is corporate mentality. Be it Alpha Male behaviour or greed, telling the player base nothing has always worked in the past. Hasn't it?
  6. mercbruce0913 New Member

Just let me be indignant!!

No really tho, it is impressive.
    solarfly likes this.
  7. Wyzard New Member

WTB my eq fix, c'mon now!
    Who else has been waitin all day like a sucker?
    Rebelicious likes this.
  8. Regnon Journeyman

not really i left for 8 years, when my sub en ds next mnth i wont be back. You would THINK they could improve in 18 years, they havent.
  9. solarfly New Member

Malachi, Fanra and Stephen like this.
  10. Axrelis New Member

Why wait till the end of the month to quit? A real quitter wouldn't be posting and just quit now. But thanks for sharing :)
  11. Arceus New Member

If the issues were shared on the difficulties happening then there could possibly be some positive feedback which may assist to get this working.. much of the EQ player base have technical backgrounds and a huge amount of experience (let alone the shadier players who seem to discover every possible exploit).. they should give it a chance, might be surprised.
    solarfly and Firedog like this.
  12. Pleasantvalley Journeyman

This is truly ignorant. 5 hr estimate and we're already at almost 12hrs.

We don't even get GMs in game, can we can least get you out of game people to do a better job. We shell out a ton of money to play this game.
    Koveras and just_some_bard like this.
  13. KwikShot New Member

I read earlier saying to Underpromise and then Overdeliver. I imagine if they said the servers would be down from 9 to 5 PST they might catch flack from the players on the East coast when it is 12:00 to 8:00. Of course at this point I'd be happy with 12 to 8.
    Otiswar likes this.
  14. Avory Augur

I play a Goblin.

I the most powerful Goblin in all the lands.

I'm not a mindless commie Goblin.

I wonder what my Goblin is doing rite now.
    Nightmares and Wyzard like this.
  15. Rovguy Journeyman

Can I have your stuff?
    Regnon and mercbruce0913 like this.
  16. mercbruce0913 New Member

Any dev or GM reading this forum have even a semblance of what customer service or professionalism means? UPDATE your customers. I would be FIRED if I did this to my clients.
  17. Stailther New Member

I can handle extended downtimes. I've been playing MMO's for such a long time. EQ, DAOC, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, ESO. Every single MMO I've mentioned has had unexpected downtimes and issues arise. Not talking about launch days for expansions or new MMO launches either. Just regular patches that break crap and cause a whole mess of other issues. Happens to every. single. game. at some point or another. What I can't handle is lack of communication to the playerbase. I know I know it might sound stupid. Why update the playerbase when you really might not have anything new to add. A simple update on the forums every hour is not a hard thing to do, and yet it shows that you guys care and can make a pretty big impact. 4+ hours without an update is just stupid. Don't know how else to word it.
  18. KwikShot New Member

This is very similar to camping a MOB but it is a lot less pretty. Oh, yeah I forgot that we choose to camp a MOB when we do.
    Regnon likes this.
  19. Sthrncowboy New Member

20. omg like omg New Member

no im pretty sure its in the thousands of players drinal usually has 200 or more in general chat and with over 20 servers thats atleast 4k accounts on at any given time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.