Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I doubt they forgot to pay their bill ... according to J. Smedley's tweet just moments ago they weren't aware because of unmonitored email adress. --> https://twitter.com/j_smedley

SOE had luck though ... NetworkSolutions gave them about 7 weeks grace period until the adresses were re-routed from SOE's servers.

What me worries most - is email the ONLY communication medium between internet companies now? How about phone, postal, fax etc.?
  2. Fastdefense New Member

Does this mean I dont have to pay for the next two days of game play because I cant log in?
  3. Menotyou Journeyman

AND your link does not apply because cybersquatting is " Cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting), according to the United States federal law known as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, is registering, trafficking in, or using a domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else. The cybersquatter then offers to sell the domain to the person or company who owns a trademark contained within the name at an inflated price."

There are a lot of variables in there that would have to be ironed out in court. They would have to prove that I was doing it in bad faith. That would have to go to a judge, which reaffirms what I originally said. The name would then be mine and they would have to pay, prove, and fight for it.
  4. Philphans Lorekeeper

this is just poor management. Shouldn't rely on getting a vendors email about renewing a domain. Whoever manages their domains there should have some kind of calendar reminder set to remind them to renew. They are running a multi million dollar business off these domains. As it effected a lot of their games not just EQ. Sounds to me they either have incompetent admins or they didn't do the proper knowledge transfer after they let the person go that was handling this.
  5. Menotyou Journeyman

Not only will you pay, but you will like it.
  6. Menotyou Journeyman

according to J. Smedley's tweet just moments ago they weren't aware because of unmonitored email adress
    This is what we call "damage control".
  7. Vildayve New Member

I just wanted to express my general disgust like everyone else. That is all.
  8. Deillusional Augur

dig @192.55.83.30 NS everquest.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3-Ubuntu <<>> @192.55.83.30 NS everquest.com
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 38772
    ;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 4
    ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
    ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;everquest.com. IN NS

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    everquest.com. 172800 IN NS ns4.sonyonline.net.
    everquest.com. 172800 IN NS ns6.sonyonline.net.
    everquest.com. 172800 IN NS ns2.sonyonline.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns4.sonyonline.net. 172800 IN A 64.37.132.11
    ns6.sonyonline.net. 172800 IN A 64.37.175.11
    ns2.sonyonline.net. 172800 IN A 64.37.129.11

;; Query time: 144 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.55.83.30#53(192.55.83.30)
    ;; WHEN: Tue Jul 15 18:22:02 BST 2014
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 158

should be coming back shortly
  9. Eornom D'Ashaii New Member

If you have to get in RIGHT NOW, just add to the top of your DNS server search order:

ns2.sonyonline.net or 64.37.129.11

Regards,

Eornom D'Ashaii
    Clan Impact
  10. Rorce Augur

Because you wouldn't own it, you don't own the EverQuest trademark.

I just woke up and am still trying to find an easy workaround before I post.
  11. Menotyou Journeyman

No but they do have the means to "pay their bills"...so this never happens.
    Fastdefense and Leerah like this.
  12. maverick Elder

I am only arguing this because I am bored.

every law has loopholes.

I could imagine if old mcdonald had a farm and wanted a.com, and mcdonalds forgot to renew their web address to the point where it was available.

old mcdonald could snag it up and mcdonalds would have to pay him good $$ to get it back.
    Menotyou likes this.
  13. Menotyou Journeyman

Hehe ...it would have taken much longer than that. Lawyers don't get up until 8:30 anyway
  14. AB_H'Sishi Augur

There's still something missing; I can't proceed my login past the Login server. Blank screen, then the usual "a connection to the server could not be reached" message (or something like that).
  15. Menotyou Journeyman

But it proves that she is wrong. They would have to hire lawyers and go to court to reestablish thier claim to it.
  16. Menotyou Journeyman

But yopu WOULD own the domain so they would have to reaffirm their claim to it. They wopuld just wake up and take it back. They would be calling lawyers who would lead them to court to negotiate. Then and ONLY then would they get it back.
  17. Menotyou Journeyman

18. kuuleo Journeyman

I think we should get some sort of refund for this, it's ridiculous all the issues SOE has and I am getting fed up with paying for some thing to sit wait till they can figure out how to work this crap and pay bills... I really hope for some compensation
    Menotyou likes this.
  19. Gnom New Member

Well I wish Sony would email everyone.. I went to log in and thought my game files were messed up.. So I Uninstalled everything.. And now I have to install everything again. But can't get on to everquest Com smh.. We should get 1 day free with this bullish.. Tho we won't and will probably buy Kronos today because we need our drugs.. I swear Sony uses wireless narcotics
    Menotyou likes this.
  20. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Well, if I would have picked the Everquest.com domain, then they only would have had to
    - contact me
    - refund my DNS registration bill
    - do apologizes to the community with admittance what happened.

No need for expensive lawyers and court wars. But maybe I'm the only person on the world which don't want to take profitable advantages.
    Menotyou likes this.